Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East/West Baseball Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know who will be playing and where it will be held?
I'm pretty sure it will be played at the University of Louisville on June 21 and 22 - the seniors on Saturday and juniors on Sunday. Not sure of times though.
BaseballMan Wrote:I'm pretty sure it will be played at the University of Louisville on June 21 and 22 - the seniors on Saturday and juniors on Sunday. Not sure of times though.
Is there a roster anywhere?
cougar14 Wrote:Is there a roster anywhere?

no roster is posted as of yet check the KHSBCA web site

who I know

16th tyler Hienerman sr greenup
peyton martin raceland Sr.

15th Corey Adams Paintsville Jr.
Shane Grimm Paintsville Sr.
Timmy Hayes Lawrence Sr.
Daniel Harman Pikeville Jr

Games will be palyed this weekend @ U of L feild Sr's play saturday at 1pm and 4pm Jr's play sunday at 1pm and 4pm
INSIGHT Wrote:no roster is posted as of yet check the KHSBCA web site

who I know

16th tyler Hienerman sr greenup
peyton martin raceland Sr.

15th Corey Adams Paintsville Jr.
Shane Grimm Paintsville Sr.
Timmy Hayes Lawrence Sr.
Daniel Harman Pikeville Jr

Games will be palyed this weekend @ U of L feild Sr's play saturday at 1pm and 4pm Jr's play sunday at 1pm and 4pm
Actually I think there are 4 players from Lawrence Co on the east squad. Brad Laney, Timmy Hayes, Jeff Cyrus, and Lewis Michaels.
Billy Logan from Greenup?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Billy Logan from Greenup?

I can't imagine him not being on the Junior squad. I am sure that he is. Each region gets two and then more can be added later.
I'm pretty sure Russ Dotson from Powell made the junior team.
Congrats to everyone that made it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually I think there are 4 players from Lawrence Co on the east squad. Brad Laney, Timmy Hayes, Jeff Cyrus, and Lewis Michaels.

Not based on the initial vote only 2 jr's and 2 sr's from 15th..but I guess something could have changed..

I believe the coach has the option to add players....
INSIGHT Wrote:Not based on the initial vote only 2 jr's and 2 sr's from 15th..but I guess something could have changed..

I believe the coach has the option to add players....

Yeah, that's what happened.
I don't think there are 4 from Lawrence County but it could be. I know there are 3 from the 13th who made it: Matthew Martin (South Laurel), Spencer Greer (Bell Co.), and Adam Overbay (Bell Co.) I believe was the alternate selected. However I could be wrong and there could be like 5 alternates selected. But I think the coach from Bell is coaching the thing for the East.
14th region representatives for east/west game: Drew Freemand (Estill Co.)
T.J. Searcy (Hazard)
Brandon Napier (Perry Central)
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I don't think there are 4 from Lawrence County but it could be. I know there are 3 from the 13th who made it: Matthew Martin (South Laurel), Spencer Greer (Bell Co.), and Adam Overbay (Bell Co.) I believe was the alternate selected. However I could be wrong and there could be like 5 alternates selected. But I think the coach from Bell is coaching the thing for the East.

Actually Coach Bryan Dean is the Head Coach for the East team. Bell's coach may be one of the coaches, but Dean is the actual "coach" making those decisions. I would not doubt a bit if there were 4 from LC on there, and they probably deserve all 4. I think they had 3 last year?
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I don't think there are 4 from Lawrence County but it could be. I know there are 3 from the 13th who made it: Matthew Martin (South Laurel), Spencer Greer (Bell Co.), and Adam Overbay (Bell Co.) I believe was the alternate selected. However I could be wrong and there could be like 5 alternates selected. But I think the coach from Bell is coaching the thing for the East.

I just looked it up and there is indeed 4 LC kids on the team. Brad Laney, Tim Hayes, Jeff Cyrus, and Lewis Michael. I think the only other school with that many is PRP. They also have 4 with the Bainer twins and the two Zach's, Osbourne and Cox.
Here is the link for the complete rosters for both Junior and Senior squads for both East and West. I didn't feel like typing all of it out, so here you go:

http://www.khsbca.com/allstars.php
The west team is STACKED.... Does not seem fair
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually Coach Bryan Dean is the Head Coach for the East team. Bell's coach may be one of the coaches, but Dean is the actual "coach" making those decisions. I would not doubt a bit if there were 4 from LC on there, and they probably deserve all 4. I think they had 3 last year?

Bryan Dean is the coach of the senior team. Ledington is the coach of the junior team. The 4 LC players are seniors and not on the junior team thus the confusion. They are indeed on the senior team.
They split today with the West winning the first game 4-2 and the East winning the second game 7-4. Every player on the roster batted around in a continuing fashion in both games, and I think each pitcher went 2 innings a piece.
Any word on how any of the local boys did?
West Beats East in junior game 1 Game 2 was rained out
west 11 east 3

Corey Adams Hits 2 run Home Run in left center for the east

The pitching for the West team was very good today....
Nice job Corey.
How did Hayes and Grimm play?
Michael pithced two soild inn. only allowing 1 run....
Cyrus and Laney both go 2-4 for both games.... Laney also hit a solo homerun in the first game.... Cyrus had one inn. pitched with no runs scored

Great Job Lawrence County Boys
Cyrus going to PC?