Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the teams that look strong in 09.... PRP has lost a huge senior class.... who else has and who has not
I believe LCA returns most of their team with a solid junior class. The big loss is obviously Robbie Ross...but they also lose Colin Kennedy who was a good closer for most of the year. Josh Stanley was another pitcher that they lose. It is a toss up how well they will do, because their district is usually one of the toughest in the state...but I believe they will be competing for state next year.
One team that many forget about is Christain County. They will be in the mix next year as well. They lost a couple, but for the most part they are going to have a great team next year, they just ran into PRP in the state, what more can you say?
LC will come back and surprise a lot of people. They bring back some ace pitchers that were freshmen(Chandler Shepherd and Cody Moore)both were all tournament team of the 15th region tournament. They will have great hitters next year to with Jordan Miller(MVP of the 15th region tournament) and Ramsey Compton. The outfield should be solid to but losing there centerfielder Brad Laney will be a big loss.
Harrison County brings back nearly all their starters and pitching staff.

Bell County loses only one senior.

Corbin and South Laurel have a good core of underclassmen.

Lawrence Co. will still have Shepherd and a couple of good bats, but lose their heart and soul with this senior class. They'll struggle at the beginning, but I see them as still being one a top 5 - if not still the #1, team in the 15th with Shepherd.

Of course, PRP, LexCath, Trinity, and others will lose quite a bit, but as usual will reload with upcoming prospects having JV teams that could win a few regions.

Perry Central will be good with a good group of juniors, to be seniors, coming up.

Middlesboro also returns the entire starting lineup and pitching staff from a very competitive team.
BaseballMan Wrote:Harrison County brings back nearly all their starters and pitching staff.

Bell County loses only one senior.

Corbin and South Laurel have a good core of underclassmen.

Lawrence Co. will still have Shepherd and a couple of good bats, but lose their heart and soul with this senior class. They'll struggle at the beginning, but I see them as still being one a top 5 - if not still the #1, team in the 15th with Shepherd.

Of course, PRP, LexCath, Trinity, and others will lose quite a bit, but as usual will reload with upcoming prospects having JV teams that could win a few regions.

Perry Central will be good with a good group of juniors, to be seniors, coming up.

Middlesboro also returns the entire starting lineup and pitching staff from a very competitive team.

LC will win the 15 next year. The only team that could upset them is Johnson Central, but I still see them as being the #1 team in the region and they should make it back to Applebees.
Lethcer Central will be returning all of their players except Colton Cook for 09.
I dont think that LC will win the 15th Region next year. IMO they lose to much and will get beat by JC who returns everybody. But good luck though next season.
NIKE2010 Wrote:I dont think that LC will win the 15th Region next year. IMO they lose to much and will get beat by JC who returns everybody. But good luck though next season.

they still have the best pitcher in the region
Letcher Central will be a factor in the 14th region. When you loose only one senior and have a great freshman class coming up, the sky is the limit. dont' forget region will be played at lcc, and at there new field.