Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Religious Beliefs? What are you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i am not anything right now but i'm thinking about joining a UU church when i get older...but tell me and the other people on BGR what your relegion is and what you believe in?Big Grin
Well, I think I can probally say about 97% of the people on this site are some sort of christian.
That conservative? Smile ...anyways, Im Christian (Freewill Baptist)..
Real Badman Wrote:Well, I think I can probally say about 97% of the people on this site are some sort of christian.
Old Regular Baptist
TidesHoss32 Wrote:That conservative? Smile ...anyways, Im Christian (Freewill Baptist)..

Well imma say at least 90%...and Imma Freewill Baptist too.
I'm Old Regular Baptist.
First Church Of God
I have put my faith in Jesus, the Christ, the Nazarene, the One preached in the Gospels of the New Testament, as my Lord and Savior. I believe he lived to teach us how to live all while warning us of God's wrath if we didn't turn from our wicked ways - in which we don't even realize unless brought before God's law. I believe he died a suffocating death on the roman cross, and that God raised Him to life on the third day. I believe that He had to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins, and that He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. I believe there is no other works nor religion that can get me to the Father nor anyone else based on the teachings of Jesus Himself. I believe Jesus was the Son of God, fully man and fully God. I believe there is no certain denomination - whether old regular baptist, southern baptist, or pentecostal, that has all the answers, but that the Holy Scriptures themselves are the key to following Christ. I believe church is a good thing that helps believers to grow in the faith and fellowship with other believers as well as evangelizing to non-believers. I believe the true church is the body of believers in Christ, not the building we sit in on Sundays. I believe there are many so-called churches that preach a false doctrine and there are many that sit in church services in all churches that may have even been baptised that do not truly believe or put their faith entirely in Jesus. I believe all it takes is true faith in Christ for our salvation, that it is a true gift from God, and that we cannot earn Heaven through being a "good person" nor any works we do, lest we boast about it.

I am convinced by the studies I have done and how the New Testament and the all the Holy Scriptures has held true and firm in its foundations since the beginning of time, to the time of Jesus, until it was actually documented. I am convinced by the truth, which has set me free of my own opinion and false beliefs, that is found in the Scriptures and found more credible and reliable than any other religious documents ever discovered or written. I am convinced because of the change that occurred in my life by putting my faith in Christ alone, and the renewing of my heart from a wretched man to a man of character and confidence. I am convinced because Jesus is the Son of God because He said so, and He proved it.
BaseballMan Wrote:I have put my faith in Jesus, the Christ, the Nazarene, the One preached in the Gospels of the New Testament, as my Lord and Savior. I believe he lived to teach us how to live all while warning us of God's wrath if we didn't turn from our wicked ways - in which we don't even realize unless brought before God's law. I believe he died a suffocating death on the roman cross, and that God raised Him to life on the third day. I believe that He had to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins, and that He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. I believe there is no other works nor religion that can get me to the Father nor anyone else based on the teachings of Jesus Himself. I believe Jesus was the Son of God, fully man and fully God. I believe there is no certain denomination - whether old regular baptist, southern baptist, or pentecostal, that has all the answers, but that the Holy Scriptures themselves are the key to following Christ. I believe church is a good thing that helps believers to grow in the faith and fellowship with other believers as well as evangelizing to non-believers. I believe the true church is the body of believers in Christ, not the building we sit in on Sundays. I believe there are many so-called churches that preach a false doctrine and there are many that sit in church services in all churches that may have even been baptised that do not truly believe or put their faith entirely in Jesus. I believe all it takes is true faith in Christ for our salvation, that it is a true gift from God, and that we cannot earn Heaven through being a "good person" nor any works we do, lest we boast about it.

I am convinced by the studies I have done and how the New Testament and the all the Holy Scriptures has held true and firm in its foundations since the beginning of time, to the time of Jesus, until it was actually documented. I am convinced by the truth, which has set me free of my own opinion and false beliefs, that is found in the Scriptures and found more credible and reliable than any other religious documents ever discovered or written. I am convinced because of the change that occurred in my life by putting my faith in Christ alone, and the renewing of my heart from a wretched man to a man of character and confidence. I am convinced because Jesus is the Son of God because He said so, and He proved it.

so do you approve of people with other relegions?
BaseballMan Wrote:I have put my faith in Jesus, the Christ, the Nazarene, the One preached in the Gospels of the New Testament, as my Lord and Savior. I believe he lived to teach us how to live all while warning us of God's wrath if we didn't turn from our wicked ways - in which we don't even realize unless brought before God's law. I believe he died a suffocating death on the roman cross, and that God raised Him to life on the third day. I believe that He had to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins, and that He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. I believe there is no other works nor religion that can get me to the Father nor anyone else based on the teachings of Jesus Himself. I believe Jesus was the Son of God, fully man and fully God. I believe there is no certain denomination - whether old regular baptist, southern baptist, or pentecostal, that has all the answers, but that the Holy Scriptures themselves are the key to following Christ. I believe church is a good thing that helps believers to grow in the faith and fellowship with other believers as well as evangelizing to non-believers. I believe the true church is the body of believers in Christ, not the building we sit in on Sundays. I believe there are many so-called churches that preach a false doctrine and there are many that sit in church services in all churches that may have even been baptised that do not truly believe or put their faith entirely in Jesus. I believe all it takes is true faith in Christ for our salvation, that it is a true gift from God, and that we cannot earn Heaven through being a "good person" nor any works we do, lest we boast about it.

Good post man. Now I'm not going to say that im the best Christian in the world because I'm not...We all have made mistakes. Me espically, but I'm man enough to admit it and I'm man enough to ask for forgiveniss from my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I think my lucky stars that we live in a country where we can worship Jesus. We could live in China under there communist goverment and be forced to have an entire diffrent religion.
I would like to hear jesus talking to chief seattle talking to buddha (the real jesus I mean...not the one invented by a materialistic, judgmental religion).
thecavemaster Wrote:I would like to hear jesus talking to chief seattle talking to buddha (the real jesus I mean...not the one invented by a materialistic, judgmental religion).

How do you know the Jesus spoken of in the bible is not the real Jesus? Hate to be in your shoes if that were the case. Nonetheless, to each his own, right?
Real Badman Wrote:Good post man. Now I'm not going to say that im the best Christian in the world because I'm not...We all have made mistakes. Me espically, but I'm man enough to admit it and I'm man enough to ask for forgiveniss from my lord and savior Jesus Christ. I think my lucky stars that we live in a country where we can worship Jesus. We could live in China under there communist goverment and be forced to have an entire diffrent religion.

Amen bro! I enjoy reading honest posts such as yours. I am a bible-believing christian as well, and I very much relish the freedom I have in America to believe the way we choose.

What gets me though are those who claim to be christians, and they quote verses and things like that, but then don't represent it with their lives nor their thoughts - like I don't see how one could be a christian, read the bible, and believe that gay marriage or abortion is okay. I mean there are some bands who go under the christian label just to get big or get money, but their lives don't represent Christ at all (Evanescence for example). Then they later renounce their faith after they get famous and cater to the world.

I agree man. I believe much the same. I attend a southern baptist church but truly, it's not about the building I go to on Sundays.
[quote=WheelsNdaSky]How do you know the Jesus spoken of in the bible is not the real Jesus? Hate to be in your shoes if that were the case. Nonetheless, to each his own, right?[/quote

"Blessed are the poor"... "Blessed are you if you mourn now"... "Woe unto the rich"... "Woe unto you who laugh now"... Hate to be in your shoes if you're just as much a materialist and warmonger as the cultural/religious american.
thecavemaster Wrote:[quote=WheelsNdaSky]How do you know the Jesus spoken of in the bible is not the real Jesus? Hate to be in your shoes if that were the case. Nonetheless, to each his own, right?[/quote

"Blessed are the poor"... "Blessed are you if you mourn now"... "Woe unto the rich"... "Woe unto you who laugh now"... Hate to be in your shoes if you're just as much a materialist and warmonger as the cultural/religious american.

Yep, cause both are wrong - the Jesus you claim is real and the materialist warmonger. I'd much rather follow the Christ of the New Testament, the Jesus who loved me so much He died for me, than any conjuring up by postmodernists, mytstics, Gnostics, or any other Jesus that is false.
Guys, this thread was not created to prove or discredit anyone's faith. Let's get it back on topic.

State what your religious beliefs are and why you choose to believe, if you so choose, and let that be the end of it.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:[quote=thecavemaster]

Yep, cause both are wrong - the Jesus you claim is real and the materialist warmonger. I'd much rather follow the Christ of the New Testament, the Jesus who loved me so much He died for me, than any conjuring up by postmodernists, mytstics, Gnostics, or any other Jesus that is false.

A few years ago, I was at a meeting talking with a Catholic priest. He told me that in forty two years of listening to confessions he had heard every sin imaginable confessed to, EXCEPT covetousness. I believe jesus would have talked to Buddha and Chief Seattle...
Baptist!
thecavemaster Wrote:[quote=WheelsNdaSky]

A few years ago, I was at a meeting talking with a Catholic priest. He told me that in forty two years of listening to confessions he had heard every sin imaginable confessed to, EXCEPT covetousness. I believe jesus would have talked to Buddha and Chief Seattle...

So, what are you saying? I covet the Jesus of the NT. If so, then oh well, because that's the Jesus that is the most credible and reliable. And He probably did talk to Buddha and Chief Seattle, in a still small voice or by witness of his followers. Every man gets a chance to either accept or reject God. That's how He is just in His judgement in the end.
I am proud to be a Free Will Baptist. I plainly I believe the Bible from cover to cover. Figured God wouldn't have things put in there he didn't want people to live by. I grew up in church and always believed what was taugt to me. But as I have gotten older and more and more things have happened I no longer have that blind faith of a child, I have that proven faith that comes along with God's grace carrying me through bad situations.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:[quote=thecavemaster]

So, what are you saying? I covet the Jesus of the NT. If so, then oh well, because that's the Jesus that is the most credible and reliable. And He probably did talk to Buddha and Chief Seattle, in a still small voice or by witness of his followers. Every man gets a chance to either accept or reject God. That's how He is just in His judgement in the end.

If this is your belief system, more power to you.
Old Regular baptist
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Old Regular baptist

Just curious, but is the Old Regular Baptist more along the line of the United Baptist or the Freewill Baptist?
Old School Wrote:Just curious, but is the Old Regular Baptist more along the line of the United Baptist or the Freewill Baptist?

most old regular churches started in the late 1800's when they broke off from the united baptist. So I would say that they are more in line with the united baptist. Im not really familiar with the freewill church, and what their beliefs are, but from what I know Old Regular is more closely related to the United Baptist.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:most old regular churches started in the late 1800's when they broke off from the united baptist. So I would say that they are more in line with the united baptist. Im not really familiar with the freewill church, and what their beliefs are, but from what I know Old Regular is more closely related to the United Baptist.

I thought they more in line with the United Baptist, most of my family on my fathers side belongs to the United Baptist.
Raised in a Southern Baptist church family. A little, not totally, agnostic as of recent years.
i got a ? for you guys what if someday satan wanted to be forgivin? could it happen?
PHS#1 Wrote:i got a ? for you guys what if someday satan wanted to be forgivin? could it happen?

According to the Bible, angels are not offered salvation. They were always in the presence of God. When they rebelled they were cast out of Heaven. God made a place for Satan and the fallen angels called Hades. He then sent Jesus to die for the creation made in His image - not for angels nor anything else. It cannot happen. After Satan is loosed for to reak havoc upon the earth the final time after the millenial reign of Christ, he will be eternally cast into the Lake of Fire. The Bible speaks of this in Revelation. Satan cannot and will not be forgiven. He is eternally cursed for turning against God. And so would we be had He not decided to save some. That's why His mercy and His grace is so wonderful, that while I did not deserve it, He still saved me by sending His own Son to take my punishment.
Evolution is seen as a religion by many, so I thought I'd share some things I found which can easily be checked for accuracy on the internet and in textbooks.

Darwinianism and Racism:

Darwinian evolution is inherently a racist philosophy, teaching that different groups or races evolved at different times and rates, so some groups are more like their ape-like ancestors than others.

Thomas Huxley wrote: "No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average ***** (sic) is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathous relative has a fair field and no favor, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successively with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried on by thoughts and not by bites." (Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews, 1871)

Many of the early evolutionists were outspoken racists, and racial inferiority views were assumed to be proven, and thus were less a subject of debate or concern than one today would assume.

Robert Chambers in his classic Vestiges of the Natural History of Creation, concluded that Blacks were "at the foot of" the Mongol, the Yellow race between, and Caucasians at the top. Chambers himself taught that the "various races of mankind, are simply . . . stages in the development of the highest or Caucasian type. . ." and that the Blacks were the least developed, and the Caucasians were the highest, most evolved race.

Henry Fairfield Osborn, professor of biology and zoology at Columbia University from 1908-1933 and President of the American Museum of Natural History's Board of Trustees wrote: "The Negroid stock is even more ancient than the Caucasian and Mongolians, as may be proved by an examination not only of the brain, of the hair, of the bodily characteristics . . . but of the instincts, the intelligence. The standard of intelligence of the average adult ***** is similar to that of the eleven-year-old-youth of the species Homo Sapiens."

The two races most often compared are the "Caucasian" and "Negroid," now commonly called the "white" and "black" races. The dominant western cultural ethos, that whites were "superior"' and blacks "inferior"' and more "ape-like," was commonly reflected in science books published from 1880 and 1980.

H. Klaatsch, a prominent German evolutionist, concluded that human races differ not only because of survival factors, but also for the reason that they evolved from different primates. The Blacks came from the gorillas, the Whites from the chimpanzees, and the Orientals from the orangutans, and it is for this reason that some races are superior. He concluded that "the gorilla and the Neanderthal man" have a close biological affinity to "a large number of the living African blacks . . ."

In the 1920s, an article in the Encyclopedia Britannica, under the heading "*****", said that the inherent mental inferiority of the blacks was even more marked than their physical differences and that no full blooded ***** has ever been distinguished as a man of science, a poet, or an artist.

M. L. Moser (The Case Against Integration, 1974) says, "... American Negroes that have made contributions to various fields, sports, science, etc., but ... It is only that ***** that has a mixture of white genes in his system that has risen to the level where he has produced on the level with the white race."

The result was that in April 1924 the immigration act was passed by overwhelming majorities in both the house and senate. President Calvin Coolidge supported the law, stating that, "America must be kept American. Biological laws show . . . that Nordics deteriorate when mixed with other races."

Recently, in Louisiana, African American State Representative Sharon Weston Broome charged that, "Darwin's ideas on how humans evolved are racist and the key reason for race problems [and] provide the main rationale for racism." As Broome logically concluded, "If evolution has provided the main rationale for racism, and we are teaching our children evolution in schools, then correspondingly we are teaching them racist principles."
Pages: 1 2