Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: PRP 4 Lawrence County 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats to LC.... A great season

But lets be honest the best team in the state won the State Tournament... Prp was just a great ball club... 8th in the nation and 1st in the state
Congrats to PRP on winning the State Championship.
Lawrence County has nothing to be down about. They played as long as a Kentucky High School baseball team could play. And from what it sounded like, they played an outstanding ballgame. PRP is, and has been, the best team in the state for the entire year. If your gonna lose, you want to lose to the best.
Congrats to LC on an outstanding season. And Coach Keeton will be greatly missed by all around the 15th region.
Pupaw Wrote:Coach Keeton will be greatly missed by all around the 15th region.

If your going to go out thats the 2nd best way to do it
Great effort, great season for Lawrence County.
Pupaw Wrote:Congrats to PRP on winning the State Championship.
Lawrence County has nothing to be down about. They played as long as a Kentucky High School baseball team could play. And from what it sounded like, they played an outstanding ballgame. PRP is, and has been, the best team in the state for the entire year. If your gonna lose, you want to lose to the best.
Congrats to LC on an outstanding season. And Coach Keeton will be greatly missed by all around the 15th region.
Who said he was leaving?
Well, I was at both games today, PRP is good, but not great. They had two errors against LC. LC was just too flat after having to play the late game against Lex Cath which ended at 5:45 and the title game started at 8. LC hung tough and they played two great games today.

Congrats to Lawrence County on a great season.
Who was on the all tourny team.... I was listening on the website that everyone posted.... but the broadcasters would not stop talking about their 1977 team.... I know Cox won the MVP... but who else was on it
Congrats to PRP for winning the state championship...in all honesty if anyone else won it would've been an upset. However, congratulations to Lawrence Co. also. They represented their school, the 15th region and Eastern Kentucky very well and have nothing to hold their heads down about.
CONGRATS LC!!! AWESOME TOURNEY!!!!

Not a bad season for the 57th! Two State Runner's up!
PRP was as good as advertised! They showed why they have been #1 in the state all season long! Nothing to be ashamed about LC!!! You had a great season, and had some people talking!

IMO, I thought Cyrus was out of gas in the 6th. I think LC should have used a new pitcher, but hey, a great game by the kid!!! Good luck to all the seniors at the next level!!!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:PRP was as good as advertised! They showed why they have been #1 in the state all season long! Nothing to be ashamed about LC!!! You had a great season, and had some people talking!

IMO, I thought Cyrus was out of gas in the 6th. I think LC should have used a new pitcher, but hey, a great game by the kid!!! Good luck to all the seniors at the next level!!!!

Well Cyrus came out flat and couldnt find the zone in the 1st inning but still got out of it only allowing two runs..

Now time to grip a little... Well to start with the catcher from PRP is well I better not say but he should have been tossed early in the game for comments that he made to Brad Laney after Laney struck out... Ok Laney done the right thing by tell MR Ump who did nothing then a coach went to him and did nothing.... Ok here was the turning point in the game Lane was on 3rd with 2 outs. He fakes a steal home and the catcher throws down to 3rd and the ball gets away from cox so Laney make a break for home well there is a play at the plate in which at the time it was 2-1 PRP.... Laney slides in and the ball gets there at the same time the catcher drops the ball and you can see him pick it back up and show the ump that he had the ball.... No big deal yea it would have tied the game but what set the fire works off is after the ump called him out and laney still laying on the ground at home the PRP catcher throws the ball right at Laney's head and the UMP does nothing and then thats when the benches cleared and the fire works began.... All it takes is one bad apple to take away from a great game..... Yes PRP is good.... Are they better then LC no they are not.. Yes they did win... But LC gave them all and more then they wanted.
Congrats to Lawrence from JC. Great for the 15th.
Good job LC represented well.
Batpuff Wrote:Well Cyrus came out flat and couldnt find the zone in the 1st inning but still got out of it only allowing two runs..

Now time to grip a little... Well to start with the catcher from PRP is well I better not say but he should have been tossed early in the game for comments that he made to Brad Laney after Laney struck out... Ok Laney done the right thing by tell MR Ump who did nothing then a coach went to him and did nothing.... Ok here was the turning point in the game Lane was on 3rd with 2 outs. He fakes a steal home and the catcher throws down to 3rd and the ball gets away from cox so Laney make a break for home well there is a play at the plate in which at the time it was 2-1 PRP.... Laney slides in and the ball gets there at the same time the catcher drops the ball and you can see him pick it back up and show the ump that he had the ball.... No big deal yea it would have tied the game but what set the fire works off is after the ump called him out and laney still laying on the ground at home the PRP catcher throws the ball right at Laney's head and the UMP does nothing and then thats when the benches cleared and the fire works began.... All it takes is one bad apple to take away from a great game..... Yes PRP is good.... Are they better then LC no they are not.. Yes they did win... But LC gave them all and more then they wanted.

I seem to remember something about The Lawrence Co football team getting into a big fight with Boyd Co last season.

Is it just me, or is there a pattern begining to develop here....Rolleyes
congrats LC on a great season.......
Congratulations to the Bulldogs!

I personally didn't think that Lawrence would do this well at state as they did, but the 15th region made noise at state this past year in most of the sports, looks as if we're getting back on the map.

Again, Congrats Dawgs on a great season!
Pupaw Wrote:Congrats to PRP on winning the State Championship.
Lawrence County has nothing to be down about. They played as long as a Kentucky High School baseball team could play. And from what it sounded like, they played an outstanding ballgame. If your gonna lose, you want to lose to the best.
Congrats to LC on an outstanding season.

I whole-heartedly agree!!!!
Congrats to Lawrence on an Excellent showing at the State Tourney!

Sounded to me like a couple of plays here or there and the game would've have been a different story.

Nice to know that we have a team right here in Eastern, KY that can play with the big boys! :Clap:
First of all cangrats to PRP. Now thats out of the way I would just like to say how proud I am of this Baseball team from Lawrence Co. I can honestly say that I was proud to be wearing my LC shirt leaving applebees field last night. I felt like LC played great ball and showed a lot of class doing it. I was their for all the games and IMO LC was as good as PRP but thats what's so great about baseball a little break here and thier and the game changes. PRP had 2 errors to LC none. LC only gave up 4 runs the hole week end it just so happen to be in the championship game. This team will miss thier leaders next year in the seniors. But they have a ton of talent coming back and should be around for the next few years. Agian I couldn't be any prouder of this team and to be a part of this Dawg Family. You all did a GREAT JOB this year. Good luck to all the seniors at the next level . And for the younger players now you have a taste of what it's like to go to the big dance. PRP has been thier for the past 3 years before they brought home the tittle . So enjoy what you have done this year and get to working on next year you all can do it. With Shepard and Moore leading the way:letsparty
:letsparty

Great Season and way to represent E KY. Wasn't able to attend the baseball state tournament this year but definitely rooting for you. I am not a Lawrence Co. fan even though my user name might imply that. What about them Bulldogs?
Lex. Catholic's coach must have known you young men were for real. They started their #2 against Harrison County hoping to save Marounde for the semi-finals but had to bring him in to stop the the "Breds".
The pitching for Lawrence was phenomenal. 4 runs given up in 3 games.
Congratulations LAWRENCE COUNTY.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the LCHS baseball team. I’ve been able to be close to these guys the past 2 years. I’ve had the extreme pleasure of having Jeff Cyrus, Brad Laney, and Lewis Michaels in class. I’ve also have the great privilege of seeing the seniors everyday at school and at practice. This group of seniors, coaches, and even the young varsity players, are great for the younger baseball players in LC. They lead be example and work hard and show what it takes to make you better. The fans are great, and the parents I was able to be in contact with and work with throughout the past two years were also great! Everyone from LC represented Eastern KY wonderfully.

I wish all of the seniors best of luck next year in college. We will always be proud of you for your season and careers. I know I won’t be the only person at LCHS that will miss you come August. Jeff, Brad, Lewis, Dustin, Timmy, Bryce, and Lloyd, if you need anything you know all you have to do is ask. I’m sure it won’t take too much effort to figure out who I am (hint: “EER” is for my favorite team!!!!).

As for the young guys, keep up the hard work this summer and fall and I’ll see you guys next year!
Congrats PRP. Great season LC.
DevilsWin Wrote:I seem to remember something about The Lawrence Co football team getting into a big fight with Boyd Co last season.

No you dont taunt other players. It was uncessary and the kid should have been tossed plain as day.
DevilsWin Wrote:I seem to remember something about The Lawrence Co football team getting into a big fight with Boyd Co last season.

Were you there? Were you there at either incident? If not, then get some facts from someone who was before you attempt to editorialize about patterns.
Well informed opinions go along way.
The PRP catcher should have been tossed - not early when he was reported to have said something that was unsportsmanlike that could not have been verified by anyone outside the two players involved, but rather later when he did something blatantly unsportsmanlike in full view of 5,000 spectators and four umpires who apparently don't care for the KHSAA sportsmanship rules.
All that said, the best team did win the game.
However, let's examine a couple of things here.
Why does the favorite in the tournament get the early semifinal game when both semi games and the title game have to be played on the same day?
Why does the favorite get to be the home team?
Personally, I saw many indicators that the KHSAA regarded LC's presence in the title game as a nuisance that spoiled their ideal matchup of LexCath and PRP and that what was going on was about a coronation of the Panthers.
They were the best team in the tournament, no question, but their conduct and the conduct of the tournament was a little less than stellar.
You have to love to see the ending of a season come to this. There is not many coaching staffs that I admire much more than the one that Randy has assembled at Lawrence Co. Lawrence Co. got to where they were by just plain old hard work. This group has been worked every summer, fall and winter ceaselessly since they came out of the middle school ranks. Hats off to Coach Keeton and all the players from Lawrence Co. and congratulations on a fine season.

All other programs in eastern Kentucky need to take notice that this is the end result of the sacrifices that I frequency refer to on here. The baseball season doesnt start on Feb 15 and end in the last week of May. Baseball players are not born, they are manufactured.

Again, great season LC.:thumpsup:
dbcooper Wrote:Were you there? Were you there at either incident? If not, then get some facts from someone who was before you attempt to editorialize about patterns.
Well informed opinions go along way.
The PRP catcher should have been tossed - not early when he was reported to have said something that was unsportsmanlike that could not have been verified by anyone outside the two players involved, but rather later when he did something blatantly unsportsmanlike in full view of 5,000 spectators and four umpires who apparently don't care for the KHSAA sportsmanship rules.
All that said, the best team did win the game.
However, let's examine a couple of things here.
Why does the favorite in the tournament get the early semifinal game when both semi games and the title game have to be played on the same day?
Why does the favorite get to be the home team?
Personally, I saw many indicators that the KHSAA regarded LC's presence in the title game as a nuisance that spoiled their ideal matchup of LexCath and PRP and that what was going on was about a coronation of the Panthers.
They were the best team in the tournament, no question, but their conduct and the conduct of the tournament was a little less than stellar.
When you consider that the bulk of PRP's players probably came out of the Valley Sports programs, it's not hard to understand where these actions were first born of. Always great teams, but normally, very poor sportsmanship exibited.

Well first of all, football and the baseball team are two different teams.. so there is no pattern there and second of all it was the PRP catcher that was the problem.. Seems to me like your trying to steer up a arguement where there is no need to.. but I would like to congratulate the dawgs on a great run at the title and should be very proud of a outstanding season!!
Congrats LC on a GREAT season. Wish you coulda brought home the State Championship to the 15th Region and EKY. Also congrats to coach Randy Keaton.
Dawg Family Wrote:First of all cangrats to PRP. Now thats out of the way I would just like to say how proud I am of this Baseball team from Lawrence Co. I can honestly say that I was proud to be wearing my LC shirt leaving applebees field last night. I felt like LC played great ball and showed a lot of class doing it. I was their for all the games and IMO LC was as good as PRP but thats what's so great about baseball a little break here and thier and the game changes. PRP had 2 errors to LC none. LC only gave up 4 runs the hole week end it just so happen to be in the championship game. This team will miss thier leaders next year in the seniors. But they have a ton of talent coming back and should be around for the next few years. Agian I couldn't be any prouder of this team and to be a part of this Dawg Family. You all did a GREAT JOB this year. Good luck to all the seniors at the next level . And for the younger players now you have a taste of what it's like to go to the big dance. PRP has been thier for the past 3 years before they brought home the tittle . So enjoy what you have done this year and get to working on next year you all can do it. With Shepard and Moore leading the way:letsparty

So your team clears the bench to get into a fist fight and you think that shows a lot of class.................

What exactly do you people teach your kids in LC that qualifies fist fighting and poor sportsmanship to be "Classy"..???????

The classy thing to do is to keep your mouth shut and do what your supposed to do instead of what your emotions tell you.

Its called mental toughness and if you have that you can win or loose with "class".

"Class" isn't solving your problems through violence.
Pages: 1 2