Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County vs. Lexington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's everyones thoughts on this one.
mjballer23 Wrote:What's everyones thoughts on this one.

I am not sure on this one.... But I do know that Lex Cath used their 1 and 2 to get past the 1st round in a 9 inning game.... and Lawrence has everyone other then their 1..... so it will be a good one

I will take Lawrence 5-3
GO DAWGS!!!! I have faith in ya! You can do it!
LexCath, even without #1 & #2 will not be an easy out by any means. I like the Dwags chances however, considering they have a large majority of their pitching available. Who will LC pitch?
This should be another great game... Lewis Michaels should be the one going for us tonight.
I hear Lex Cath is praying to the Pope for a couple of days of rain.
What is the pitching rules during tournament time. How many days of rest do you have to have if you pitch 5 innings for more?
Normally, LexCath's #3 will be as good as or better than Lawrence County's #1. However, this isn't a normal year for LexCath posting a mediocre, for them, 22-11 record and not even being a top 5 team in the 11th Region for most of the year. I think Lawrence County's chances of making the state championship are as good as ever. Shelby County did it last year, and I believe this Lawrence team is much better than that team. However, they will have to play either Apollo or PRP if they get there. At this time though, anything can happen. Good luck Dawgs, I'm pulling for ya!
One thing is for sure, this is Lawrence County's best chance to beat them without Shepherd on the hill. But if LexCath can pull it off, they may be the state champs because they will have their #1 and #2 available for the finals.
LexCath's Maronde should be done for the tourney, barring any major rain postponements. 6 innings yesterday constitues 2 days rest, therefore making him no good until sunday. Correct me if I am wrong, tho.
As for this game, personally, i would like to see Coach Keeton go with Cyrus tonite against the Knights. Either way, gonna be a great game. Good luck guys.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I hear Lex Cath is praying to the Pope for a couple of days of rain.

We need a good shower after tonight as well.
What time do they play today?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:LexCath's Maronde should be done for the tourney, barring any major rain postponements. 6 innings yesterday constitues 2 days rest, therefore making him no good until sunday. Correct me if I am wrong, tho.
As for this game, personally, i would like to see Coach Keeton go with Cyrus tonite against the Knights. Either way, gonna be a great game. Good luck guys.

I thought he only went 5 innings. If he indeed went 6, then you are correct that he is done barring unforeseen weather.
BaseballMan Wrote:I thought he only went 5 innings. If he indeed went 6, then you are correct that he is done barring unforeseen weather.
Yeah, technically 5.1. Came in with 2 out in bottom 4, which puts him at 6 innings for rest purposes. Kinda crazy move i thought, especially after Coach Martin was so blatant in the pregame about not coming to win one game, but to win the tournament. But, to his defense, who woulda thought it woulda went 9 innings.

All of yesterday's games are now up on video on ihigh.com, for anyone interested.
Go Dawgs. Make Eastern KY proud!!
RedSeal Wrote:What time do they play today?

Not looking good right now...more thunderstorms moving into Lexington....I was going to go, but I can hear thunder outside right now
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I hear Lex Cath is praying to the Pope for a couple of days of rain.

prayer answered

[Image: pxl_trans.gif]
all that coming tonight...this game will be suspended IMO

[Image: maxtrack.jpg]
Told ya...The Pope likes Lex Cath better.
What does rain look like for today???
Play Ball!
Whether the game is played today or tomorrow the dawgs are still going to pull this one out.

5-3 dawgs
Go Lawrence!
anyone know the score so far
TheONLY1 Wrote:anyone know the score so far
0-0 in the 2nd
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:0-0 in the 2nd

please keep us updated