Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 4 Greenup County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
any stats
IntheZone Wrote:any stats
not yet i didn't keep track, but the paper should have some later i'd say
http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/ mike fields from the herald leader has a blog of what went on.
Congrats Lawrence County. So proud of you!!!
Big win by the Bulldogs. Sounded as though Shepherd pitched another very good game.
Congrats to Greenup on a great year! Lawrence Co took control early and never looked back. Freshman Chandler Shepard pitched a 4 hit complete game and really two of those hits should have been caught. Greenup had no answer for him. This kid is going to be a dandy to watch these next few years as he was still throwing in the mid 80's in the last inning.
Jeff Cyrus made a couple of nice plays in the field including the play to cut the runner off at the plate after Timmy Hayes threw a rocket down on the guy stealing. Brad Laney had a nice shot in the game and you have to love the hustle of Hackney who made not only an outstanding diving catch in the outfield but also burnt up the basepathes. He hit a dribbler and beat it out. The throw got by the 1st baseman and he never heistated going to 2nd. He stole thrid with the ball going off the third basemans glove then alertly jumped up and took home.
Both teams had 2 stud pitchers on the mound. Greenup's pitcher was as good as advertised. He had really nice control early. The heat was pretty tough today and both teams had a couple of early errors due to jitters I think. Sheppard shined today though! I haven't seen a Freshman with that kind of composure in a game that big in a long time!
Congrats to both programs and Go Dawgs!
Congrats LC

You played a great game... I really do not know if Greenup played that bad or LC played so much better that it made GC look stupid
congrats to lawrence......
does anyone know who they play next
How bout we say both teams have played a great season and had a terrific post season. Getting to the State in anything is a big accomplishment and well deserving of a "tipping of the hat". Today just did not seem to be Greenup's day. Great job LC & good luck the rest of the way!
TheONLY1 Wrote:congrats to lawrence......
does anyone know who they play next

The winner of Lex cath. and harrison
Congrats LC
Awesome come on and win one more so I can make the drive to Lexington on Saturday. GO DAWGS!
Congrats LC.
Well Coach Martin of LexCath decides to save Maronde tonite, so looks like the Dawgs may get some of him tomor if the Knights get by Harrison tonite, which I think will be very tuff now. I believe Brandon Martin for Harrison comes in at about 15-0 this season.

Also, for anyone not making the trip, all games from the previous day will be available to watch beginning tomorrow at noon, thru iHigh.
CatDawg Wrote:Awesome come on and win one more so I can make the drive to Lexington on Saturday. GO DAWGS!

If they win tomorrow do you have room for one more on Saturday??
congrats to both teams. i thought GC had the edge but that's why they play the games.
Congrats Dawgs!!
Can't wait to see this one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Can't wait to see this one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you on that..... I will be there ..

I will post some pictures as soon as i get a chance but since i am in Lexington stilll I dont have the time.
Great win for the Lawrence County Bulldogs. I am going to make the trip this evening for the Lexington Cath game. Maybe we will see a big fan base from Eastern KY there. Would love to see the private school lose to an Eastern KY school.
OutsideLogic Wrote:Great win for the Lawrence County Bulldogs. I am going to make the trip this evening for the Lexington Cath game. Maybe we will see a big fan base from Eastern KY there. Would love to see the private school lose to an Eastern KY school.

Yea you have that right. lol