Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Panthers Summer Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went over to check out the Panthers at Transy and was really impressed with how they look. They beat Taylor, Russell and Carroll County. Gaitlin Clark is back and looked great. Clevinger will be one of the best guards in the 15th this year. Coach Williams appears to have this crew gelling early.
Taylor and Russell are very weak, and im not sure about Carroll. Clark still doesn't impress me any even at the camp. But i agree that Clevenger will be one of the better guards in the region. I still see pikeville having a rough time adjusting without Adams. But good luck to them
I hope matt can carry that over to the season, he always looks great in summer ball, and i mea GREAT, but we only see flashes of that in the regular season, but i agree on him going to be one of the best guards in the 15th this year, he will reall pull it all toghether. On the other hand Gatlin has improved tremedously, and will have a huge impact. He is a great floor general, and plays the best defensive on the Panthers. Im excited to see these kids play.
who else do the panthers have playing for them this year?
venom93 Wrote:Went over to check out the Panthers at Transy and was really impressed with how they look. They beat Taylor, Russell and Carroll County. Gaitlin Clark is back and looked great. Clevinger will be one of the best guards in the 15th this year. Coach Williams appears to have this crew gelling early.

It is hard to judge a team after they have played multiple games in a day...

Clark played average but will definitely get better.

Pikeville is struggling with their new offense...
This is the summary for Pikeville's visit to Transy. Pikeville beat Nicholas Co. and Pendleton Co. in the tourney today before losing to Newport Cath. It was Newport Cath and Cinn. Elder in the 21-team varsity tourney. I think St. Henry was in the semis. Pikeville finished 5-7 I think with losses to Elder by one, two losses to Newport Cath, once by 4 and once by 14, Louisville Southern by 21, N. Laurel by 17, and Muhl. North by 16. There appeared to be some really good teams in the Transy camp. The best teams seemed to be Elder, NewCath, Southern, N. Laurel, Mulh. North, and St. Henry.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:It is hard to judge a team after they have played multiple games in a day...

Clark played average but will definitely get better.

Pikeville is struggling with their new offense...

make up your mind in one breath you say it is hard to judge a team in one day then in the next breath you begin judging.Rolleyes
I am glad to hear that the Panthers made a decent showing at this camp. Coach W and his staff will have the Panthers ready come basketball season.
SpyDa Wrote:make up your mind in one breath you say it is hard to judge a team in one day then in the next breath you begin judging.Rolleyes

OK. Not for sure the new offense is a great fit for Pikeville.
So i take it that Adams did in fact go to SV?
Sledgehammer Wrote:So i take it that Adams did in fact go to SV?

That is correct.
venom93 Wrote:Went over to check out the Panthers at Transy and was really impressed with how they look. They beat Taylor, Russell and Carroll County. Gaitlin Clark is back and looked great. Clevinger will be one of the best guards in the 15th this year. Coach Williams appears to have this crew gelling early.

So is it confirmed that Gatlin Clark is definitely back on Pikeville's team? If so, that will give them a big boost next year.
More Cowbell Wrote:So is it confirmed that Gatlin Clark is definitely back on Pikeville's team? If so, that will give them a big boost next year.

He has been back since April.