Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grease-fire Injection: French Fry Mod Fuels Man's Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:French Fry Grease Fuels Man's Car Conversion Kit Costs $840

August 18, 2005
CINCINNATI -- One Cincinnati-area man is getting 50 miles per gallon in his vehicle, and he doesn't drive a hybrid.

David Gardner has the one opinion of high gas prices you haven't heard, Cincinnati television station WLWT reported.

"It just keeps getting better and better the higher the price goes," Gardner said.

Gardner doesn't worry that gas prices are expected to reach $3 a gallon by Labor Day weekend in his area because he gets his fuel for free.

He drives an ordinary Volkswagen Jetta with a diesel engine that he converted to run on vegetable oil.

Gardner gets the grease from fast-food restaurants such as McDonald's and Wendy's, after they've used it to cook French fries.

"They're paying to get rid of it, and here I am taking it off their hands. So they're happy, and I'm recycling," Gardner said.

For $840, he bought a conversion kit from Greasecar.com and installed it himself. The tank sits where the spare tire used to be, and Gardner just dumps in the used oil and drives off.

"After the cost of the conversion kit, it's free mileage," Gardner said.

Gardner said that the cost of gas wasn't the only reason for his decision to change to grease.

"Even if I was paying for vegetable oil the same as diesel, I would still do it because it's so good for the environment," he said.

I think I'll be driving a Grease-Vette soon. Some people will go to the main extremes. :lol:
Smile :lol:

I think Ill start saving that grease from my George Formen grill..
i saw this on "Trucks" I beleive....it seemed pretty cheap...only have to buy the oil (which they said you could get used for free)...and then little amounts of a couple of other products...coming out to like $1.25 or so a gallon.