Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain top 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you had to pick a mountain top 5 by team,who would it be???

I would say
- Belfry
- Bell
- Johnson
- Hazard
- P-Burg
I almost have the same five.

1- Bell
2-Belfry
3-Hazard
4-Breathitt
5-Johnson Central
It's still really early, but based on last season and what team's should have returning:

1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Letcher Central
4. Johnson Central
5. Breathitt County
Others: Hazard, Rockcastle County, Harlan County, Prestonsburg, Pulaski County
Harlan county's program is too young imo too have a good team...i kno they get all the boys from cumberland cawood and evarts...but it takes awhile to adjust.

1. Belfry-Ivan Lee...Massive line...what else do you need?
2. Bell-Good teams year in and year out...return a lot
3. Breathitt-return many starters, lineman and receivers
4. Hazard-returns all on offense...all on defense...and have one of the top qb's in the state
5. Prestonsburg-Great linebacking core...and a solid mountain team
Is Prestonsburg going to be this good?
IntheZone Wrote:Is Prestonsburg going to be this good?

They return 8 on both sides of the ball, which includes there starting quarterback, both wide receivers, 3 offensive linemen, they also return 2,000 yard back Allen Craynon and UK recruit Seth Setser at the fullback & linebacker position.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Harlan county's program is too young imo too have a good team...i kno they get all the boys from cumberland cawood and evarts...but it takes awhile to adjust.

4. Hazard-returns all on offense...all on defense...and have one of the top qb's in the state

I'd put Hazard #3.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's still really early, but based on last season and what team's should have returning:

1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Letcher Central
4. Johnson Central
5. Breathitt County
Others: Hazard, Rockcastle County, Harlan County, Prestonsburg, Pulaski County

Thanks for putting us at #3 but we lost a bunch of kids from last year including 4 lineman.
MVP2 Wrote:I'd put Hazard #3.

I was being conservative because im from there id say hazard is in the top 3 in the mountains as well as prolly #1 in class A
Letcher Central will be better than what some people think. Just because we lost some guys last year doesn't mean we are not going to be any good.
1)Belfry
2)Bell County
3)Letcher Central
4)Hazard
5)Johnson Central

Remember that this is just based on what they will do in there class.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Harlan county's program is too young imo too have a good team...i kno they get all the boys from cumberland cawood and evarts...but it takes awhile to adjust.

I like Ivan Lee, but he and an awesome line will need someone else in the backfield.

your Top 5 is not bad for this early though.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I like Ivan Lee, but he and an awesome line will need someone else in the backfield.

your Top 5 is not bad for this early though.

HB Thomas Varney, FB Charlie Dotson, and QB Elkins? :confused:

Belfry returns nearly 2700 rushing yards from last year.....
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I was being conservative because im from there id say hazard is in the top 3 in the mountains as well as prolly #1 in class A

Didn't wanna jinx us, huh? Wink

GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!
NOTHING LESS THAN
STATE IN '08!!!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HB Thomas Varney, FB Charlie Dotson, and QB Elkins? :confused:

Belfry returns nearly 2700 rushing yards from last year.....
I know.
My point was there will be a lot more production in Belfry's backfield than just Lee.

Lee will NOT be a one man show.
IntheZone Wrote:Is Prestonsburg going to be this good?

They should be as long as they stay healthy.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I know.
My point was there will be a lot more production in Belfry's backfield than just Lee.

Lee will NOT be a one man show.

I got ya, the way I read your post it sounded the oppsoite where Belfry was still needing another person in the backfield. Belfry will probably average close to or over 300 yards a game rushing this year.
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Prestonsburg
5. Breathitt

Others: Johnson Central, Rockcastle County, Pikeville
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Hazard
4. P-Burg
5. JC
blackcat_36 Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Prestonsburg
5. Breathitt

Others: Johnson Central, Rockcastle County, Pikeville

1.Belfry
2.Breathitt
3.Bell
4.Russell
5.Johnson Central
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I was being conservative because im from there id say hazard is in the top 3 in the mountains as well as prolly #1 in class A

I think Hazard is one of the top teams in the mountains, but I dont think there going to be number one in class A. I'm not tryin to take anything away from Hazard cause they are a good team.
I dont mean this smart at all so dont take it as such...who would you put ahead of us in Class A based on returning starters and based on the level of play last year and the potential returners for this year?
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont mean this smart at all so dont take it as such...who would you put ahead of us in Class A based on returning starters and based on the level of play last year and the potential returners for this year?

Well I'm not sure on who is returning what, but I think Beechwood, LCA, and Frankfort might give them a run for there money. Possibly Lynn Camp(but I doubt it). But Hazard is definitally in the top 5 in class 1A.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont mean this smart at all so dont take it as such...who would you put ahead of us in Class A based on returning starters and based on the level of play last year and the potential returners for this year?

Considering the margin of victory in the playoffs and that they return Witt, Hayden, and other solid skill players, I'd say LCA. Beechwood is going to be one of the top 3 teams in 1A for as long as this alignment is in place. It is also easy to forget about Mayfield out West. I'd have Hazard at #3 behind Beechwood, LCA, and before Mayfield.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Considering the margin of victory in the playoffs and that they return Witt, Hayden, and other solid skill players, I'd say LCA. Beechwood is going to be one of the top 3 teams in 1A for as long as this alignment is in place. It is also easy to forget about Mayfield out West. I'd have Hazard at #3 behind Beechwood, LCA, and before Mayfield.

I can't remember when Beechwood was not in the top 3 of 1A in any alignment!
In no order...

Belfry, Bell, Prestonsburg, Hazard, Russell.
You have to throw Sheldon Clark in the mix.
Hazard possibly could be a ranked # 1 in class A but wont be because of falling short in the state semi-finals to LCA and will most likely be ranked 3rd in class A. I really feel if hazard starting middle linebacker would of played the game at LCA it would of been a different story but we can't say (what if) though i feel a healthy hazard team would of beat LCA by atleast 2 touch downs but i will say i was overal impressed with the defense without the senior year rising up and making big stops when needed 2. But i will say the offense let me down cause they made costly mistakes that costed the game for them.

But my overal top 5 for Class A
1 Beechwood
2 LCA
3 Hazard
4 Frankfort
5 Mayfield

Hazard will be in the mix for a state title next year in 1A.

agreed, i think they will have a good program the first year, but it won't be solid it'll take a year AT LEAST to get adjusted to each other and being able to work with each other i think.
Pages: 1 2