Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rose Hill Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know who is going to be the head coach (and staff) of the inaugural Rose Hill Varsity Football team?
On another site, it has been reported that Bill Tom Ross will be the Head Coach.
how long has rose hill had a football team.
They have only 40 boys in high school?
Benchwarmer Wrote:They have only 40 boys in high school?

They have had a 7th and 8th grade team the last couple of years and really wasnt that bad.
well can anyone answer my question. how long has the highschool had a football team
Squints Paladores Wrote:Does anyone know who is going to be the head coach (and staff) of the inaugural Rose Hill Varsity Football team?

bac2369 Wrote:well can anyone answer my question. how long has the highschool had a football team

The question was answered in the first post. if they get a team together it will be their inaugural season.
I have also read on another site that coach Ross will take head coaching duties, nice pick if true.
It was in the paper that Bill-Tom will be the coach
Coach Ross was a great hire for Rose Hill, he does have his work cut out for his staff and himself.

Their first problem is the facilities, do they have any at all?
second is the enrollment of boys in the school, while they will just be playing 1A football, the enrollment is considerably smaller than most.

third problem is quality football player, Rose Hill has been highly successful with their middle school and freshman football teams, he has to hold on the players he has, and get some more solid players from the local middle schools to enroll.

Rose Hill has potential, it is historically one of the most talented teams in their respected sports over the last 10 years, but low amount of kids in the school has always hindered them from winning grind it out type games due to no depth
fact one:
Private school with no boundry limits- has potential to BUILD a team.
Local talent within 30 miles of RH will be looking at going there.
Potentially has the ability to play well in 1A but will be contingent on getting more local kids to go there.
This brings in the old question about private schools recruiting. Just watch and see if the enrollment numbers JUMP in the next year.
Enrollment numbers won't jump so much, its not like 200 kids are gonna go there. However, talent level will increase. However, its not basketball, it will take more than 1 or 2 recruits to have great teams.
BTW all good players in Greenup Co. should just goto Russell. Its what they do in Boyle Co. Thats why u will always see Danville and Boyle Co rotate being good teams.
Nice hire for 1st year program. Coach Ross brings a wealth a football knowledge to a beginning program. Get a couple of young assistants to learn from him and take over in a few years and they could possibly have a decent program. I don't see them competing for a district championship anytime soon.
Good Luck Coach Ross.
This is incrediable.
What is the story on Coach Ross being in a wheel chair, will it hinder him of any coaching duties?
Does he has any assnt set
The Iceboxx Wrote:This is incrediable.
What is the story on Coach Ross being in a wheel chair, will it hinder him of any coaching duties?
Does he has any assnt set

Coach Ross used a gator, used widely in athletic field maintenance, to coach from during his years at Johnson Central. Rumor has it that he will use something like that at Rose Hill, possibly a golf cart. An arrangement like this would allow fairly easy transport to other schools and to their practice field.

As I understand it they will play almost all of their games this fall at their opponents fields with the possible exception of a few games being played at Coal Grove High School in Ohio for their temporary 'home' field. They have about 9 or 10 games scheduled so far, that I may post at a later date if my information proves to be reliable as relating to their schedule is concerned.

Coach Ross' staff was published in the Ashland Daily Independent a couple of weeks or so back. Assistants will be , John Bush, Lee Whetsel, and Ryan Stutler, brought over from the staff as it existed from the last 2 years.

They know the way is uphill from here but, Coach Ross is very familiar with the things associated with starting up a new program. Case in point, Liberty Baptist College in Lynchburg, Va. He said when he went to coach there, that the university was renting buildings all over Lynchburg to hold classes in and their practice field had a petting zoo around it!

Coach thinks it won't be a skip in the park but, they have some very talented players who have been on the football field since they were in flag football. Give him a couple of years and things should look pretty good around there.
gapman Wrote:Coach Ross used a gator, used widely in athletic field maintenance, to coach from during his years at Johnson Central. Rumor has it that he will use something like that at Rose Hill, possibly a golf cart. An arrangement like this would allow fairly easy transport to other schools and to their practice field.

As I understand it they will play almost all of their games this fall at their opponents fields with the possible exception of a few games being played at Coal Grove High School in Ohio for their temporary 'home' field. They have about 9 or 10 games scheduled so far, that I may post at a later date if my information proves to be reliable as relating to their schedule is concerned.

Coach Ross' staff was published in the Ashland Daily Independent a couple of weeks or so back. Assistants will be , John Bush, Lee Whetsel, and Ryan Stutler, brought over from the staff as it existed from the last 2 years.

They know the way is uphill from here but, Coach Ross is very familiar with the things associated with starting up a new program. Case in point, Liberty Baptist College in Lynchburg, Va. He said when he went to coach there, that the university was renting buildings all over Lynchburg to hold classes in and their practice field had a petting zoo around it!

Coach thinks it won't be a skip in the park but, they have some very talented players who have been on the football field since they were in flag football. Give him a couple of years and things should look pretty good around there.

Very interesting post, looks like Rose Hill has already started off on the right foot in getting a very knowledgeable coach and a good staff... best of luck to the Royals!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Very interesting post, looks like Rose Hill has already started off on the right foot in getting a very knowledgeable coach and a good staff... best of luck to the Royals!

Thanks for the welcome BlackcatAlum. I look forward to talking to you in the future.
2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE ROSE HILL

Sept 4 Boyd Co. Fresh Away 6:pm
Sept 8 Greenup Co Fresh Away 6:
Seot 15 Lewis Co JV Away 6:
Sept 18 Bath Co Fresh Away 6:
Sept 22 Boyd Co JV Away 6:
Sept 25 Morgan Co Fresh Away 6:
Sept 29 Morgan Co JV Away 6:
Oct 13 Bath Co JV Away 6:

East Carter Pending