Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co - VS - Greenup Co. 1st round State Tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I try to NEVER bash a coach, player, or umpire on this site or at a game. People do not realize that when they do this, that player may not ever want to play again, the coach may wonder why he spends countless hours doing a thankless job, and the umpires wonder why they are spending their time and money for very little in return.
People need to THINK before they write. NEVER write when you are mad, and do not respond to those who bash you or your team. It does not improve the situation one little bit.
Remember this, players play for the love of the game, coaches try to improve young lives, and umpires try to be as consistent as they can. The human factor plays into this as WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. The trick is to try to learn from them.
I am sure we have all seen players and coaches do things that are examples of terrible sportsmanship, and umpires sometimes do not handle themselves very well either, but does it really help if we take our feeling out on any of them? The best of us sometimes lose control, we need to think before we SHOUT or WRITE! Thanks to all who make this site one of my favorites. Thanks also to those who rant and rave without any respect for others, I learn from you also, your bad examples teach me not to follow in your footsteps.
Bosox Fan Wrote:I just got conformation on who is pitching for Greenup but I am not able to say...

I did too, Tyler is throwing. I don't think that is any secret...
commonsense Wrote:I try to NEVER bash a coach, player, or umpire on this site or at a game. People do not realize that when they do this, that player may not ever want to play again, the coach may wonder why he spends countless hours doing a thankless job, and the umpires wonder why they are spending their time and money for very little in return.
People need to THINK before they write. NEVER write when you are mad, and do not respond to those who bash you or your team. It does not improve the situation one little bit.
Remember this, players play for the love of the game, coaches try to improve young lives, and umpires try to be as consistent as they can. The human factor plays into this as WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. The trick is to try to learn from them.
I am sure we have all seen players and coaches do things that are examples of terrible sportsmanship, and umpires sometimes do not handle themselves very well either, but does it really help if we take our feeling out on any of them? The best of us sometimes lose control, we need to think before we SHOUT or WRITE! Thanks to all who make this site one of my favorites. Thanks also to those who rant and rave without any respect for others, I learn from you also, your bad examples teach me not to follow in your footsteps.

Where is this post directed at?
It is aimed at all who write before they think, this was not directed at you and I apologize if you think it was. I probably should have started a new thread. Sorry if I offended anyone.
commonsense Wrote:It is aimed at all who write before they think, this was not directed at you and I apologize if you think it was. I probably should have started a new thread. Sorry if I offended anyone.

No it didn't offend anyone I don't think I just didn't understand it because it was so random.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I did too, Tyler is throwing. I don't think that is any secret...

I was told not to say anything but okay
Bosox Fan Wrote:I was told not to say anything but okay

I think both teams probably know who they are going to see.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think both teams probably know who they are going to see.

Ya... I think it will be the best game of the entire state tournament... But I think Greenup has the upper hand in the game (I am not saying they will win) I think that them being there last year and I believe 5 pitchers who are on this years team threw for the musketeers last year.. Also Greenup is on a longer winning streak and beat the Dawgs last time out.... They also had a "problem" that was fixed after the back to back loses due to some players thinking that they were above the program... I have said this 1000 times IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME AND A CLOSE ONE... If either team blows the other one out i will be amazed
Good Luck to both! Would love to be there for this one! Applebee's Stadium is a great place to play... if you're going & sitting close to the field... take your glove!
Again... Good Luck to both!!!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Good Luck to both! Would love to be there for this one! Applebee's Stadium is a great place to play... if you're going & sitting close to the field... take your glove!
Well you guys just need to load up and head down!!!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Good Luck to both! Would love to be there for this one! Applebee's Stadium is a great place to play... if you're going & sitting close to the field... take your glove!

Do you get to keep the balls?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Do you get to keep the balls?

I was there several years ago when LC played and think that you do.
Batpuff Wrote:I was there several years ago when LC played and think that you do.

Sweet.... 2 days away I do not even play and I am nervous.
Good luck to LC representing EKY
Bosox Fan Wrote:Sweet.... 2 days away I do not even play and I am nervous.

Well you got that right..... Cant wait..... Sucks that its the early game....... Have you ever been to Applebee's park?
Batpuff Wrote:Well you got that right..... Cant wait..... Sucks that its the early game....... Have you ever been to Applebee's park?

Only twice but was on the field one time best experience of my life...I went back for the state championship game... I just love the field and the atmosphere
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Im going to say LC will win this one but good luck to both teams.

I believe if these teams played 10 times they would each be 5 and 5. It will be a great game with 2 great teams. Good luck to each. But with Greenup already with some players who have experienced the state tournament last year, I will say that Greenup will win in a very close low scoring game.
LC by 1
Batpuff Wrote:I was there several years ago when LC played and think that you do.

Last year they kept making announcements to return foul balls. The only baseball not return was the one PRP's Zack Cox hit about 470' off of Greenup's Greenslate. I guess nobody won't to cross the interstate. Smile :eek:
CleanupMan Wrote:Last year they kept making announcements to return foul balls. The only baseball not return was the one PRP's Zack Cox hit about 470' off of Greenup's Greenslate. I guess nobody won't to cross the interstate. Smile :eek:

The reason no one returned it is because it has not came down yet.... I am one of Dakotas biggest fans but that ball was hammered...
Bosox Fan Wrote:The reason no one returned it is because it has not came down yet.... I am one of Dakotas biggest fans but that ball was hammered...
I blame that homerun on Steve Logan he calls the pitches don't he?:moon:
CleanupMan Wrote:I blame that homerun on Steve Logan he calls the pitches don't he?:moon:

Ummm ya.... but how do you know that Steve called throw a fast ball right down the middle to the best hitter in the state and lets see how good he really is.... Give me a break... So I guess you want to give Steve the credit for Tyler striking Cox in the first inning...
Bosox Fan Wrote:Ummm ya.... but how do you know that Steve called throw a fast ball right down the middle to the best hitter in the state and lets see how good he really is.... Give me a break... So I guess you want to give Steve the credit for Tyler striking Cox in the first inning...
It was just a joke. Don't worry Steve has wide shoulders.Big Grin
CleanupMan Wrote:It was just a joke. Don't worry Steve has wide shoulders.Big Grin

Well I did not read it as a joke... if it really was then I am sorry... But Steve is a great pitching coach and I have the up most respect for him
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well I did not read it as a joke... if it really was then I am sorry... But Steve is a great pitching coach and I have the up most respect for him

I also know Steve and my kids have been taught by him how to pitch correctly. I would recommend him as pitching coach to anybody.
CleanupMan Wrote:I also know Steve and my kids have been taught by him how to pitch correctly. I would recommend him as pitching coach to anybody.

As well would I...
I am excited about this game!!!
Pages: 1 2