Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup 6, Estill 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greenup heading to the state tournament for the second straight year
Congrats Greenup!!
it started to get interesting at the end. congrats Greenup.
what happen at the end?
congrats greenup
basketballwizz Wrote:what happen at the end?

Estill had the bases loaded with 1 out. Greenslate came out of it but i thought for sure he was done after the fielding mistake.
kybaseball Wrote:Estill had the bases loaded with 1 out. Greenslate came out of it but i thought for sure he was done after the fielding mistake.

He settled down and got his 3rd Ground ball double play of the game
So did Greenup just hammer Freeman or what?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:So did Greenup just hammer Freeman or what?

I would not say they hammered him...his defense really let him down but they hit the ball well after the first inning
they did not hammer him at all Estill's defence stayed in Irvine i dont think they had a earn run of Freemond
basketballwizz Wrote:they did not hammer him at all Estill's defence stayed in Irvine i dont think they had a earn run of Freemond

I was asking the question not making a statment. Pitching wins games, but defense wins championships.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I was asking the question not making a statment. Pitching wins games, but defense wins championships.

They did not hammer him but from what I hear he gets rattled real bad... and if he is not doing amazing then his shoulder starts to hurt... I do not know the kid at all but thats what I got...
Congrats to Greenup on going to state. Good try Estill County. Best of luck next year.
From what I hear from others who have faced Freeman and from what I saw of him he is only throwing in the low 80's. Good hitting teams will crush that speed on a normal basis.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:From what I hear from others who have faced Freeman and from what I saw of him he is only throwing in the low 80's. Good hitting teams will crush that speed on a normal basis.

It shows.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:From what I hear from others who have faced Freeman and from what I saw of him he is only throwing in the low 80's. Good hitting teams will crush that speed on a normal basis.

Thats around what Tyler throws... they do not hit him to hard
Bosox Fan Wrote:Thats around what Tyler throws... they do not hit him to hard

Greenup didn't hit him hard? Were there just a bunch of errors?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Greenup didn't hit him hard? Were there just a bunch of errors?

Tyler Hieneman?

it's not how hard you throw:flame: it's where you throw. location location location. and keep hitter of ballance with speed changes.Wink
kybaseball Wrote:it's not how hard you throw:flame: it's where you throw. location location location. and keep hitter of ballance with speed changes.Wink

I agree 50%.... I can spot up a pitch at 70 mph but it will get hit... if you spot up a 83-90 mph pitch it will not.... also movement is a big factor
Bosox Fan Wrote:I agree 50%.... I can spot up a pitch at 70 mph but it will get hit... if you spot up a 83-90 mph pitch it will not.... also movement is a big factor

i agree as well any high school player can catch up to a 70 mph fastball but not all are strong enough to catch up to the 83-90 mph fastball.....JMOBig Grin
SimplyDis1 Wrote:i agree as well any high school player can catch up to a 70 mph fastball but not all are strong enough to catch up to the 83-90 mph fastball.....JMOBig Grin

True, but it doesn't have anything to do with how strong they are? I have actually seen some of the strongest people in the world have the slowest bat speed, and then I have turned around and seen a 5' nothing 100 and nothing pound on a 90 MPH fastball because they have quick hands, quick wrists, and great hand eye coordination. That is really all you need to be a good hitter. Well that and of course a bat! haha just kidding.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:True, but it doesn't have anything to do with how strong they are? I have actually seen some of the strongest people in the world have the slowest bat speed, and then I have turned around and seen a 5' nothing 100 and nothing pound on a 90 MPH fastball because they have quick hands, quick wrists, and great hand eye coordination. That is really all you need to be a good hitter. Well that and of course a bat! haha just kidding.

Baseball is not a game of who is bigger and stronger... it is a game of inches and heart....
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:True, but it doesn't have anything to do with how strong they are? I have actually seen some of the strongest people in the world have the slowest bat speed, and then I have turned around and seen a 5' nothing 100 and nothing pound on a 90 MPH fastball because they have quick hands, quick wrists, and great hand eye coordination. That is really all you need to be a good hitter. Well that and of course a bat! haha just kidding.

Yea well lets be honest size can help in hitting who would you rather come up to hit for you albert puljols or david eckstein....im not saying that smaller kids can turn on the baseball but lets face the facts the stronger you are the better you are going to have a chance on the diamond....quick hands quick wrists and great eye cordination does make a hitter though do agree with you on that.....
SimplyDis1 Wrote:Yea well lets be honest size can help in hitting who would you rather come up to hit for you albert puljols or david eckstein....im not saying that smaller kids can turn on the baseball but lets face the facts the stronger you are the better you are going to have a chance on the diamond....quick hands quick wrists and great eye cordination does make a hitter though do agree with you on that.....

If you are asking who will hit a ball farther, then there's no question a stronger guy can, but an actual pure hitter is not going to be a big bulky guy. Mainly because they do not for average because of their bulkiness.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If you are asking who will hit a ball farther, then there's no question a stronger guy can, but an actual pure hitter is not going to be a big bulky guy. Mainly because they do not for average because of their bulkiness.

im sorry i may have confused a few people but what i meant the older you are as a high school player will usually mean that you are stronger......and i do belive that and older more expierence player would do best against a really good high school pitcher sorry for the confusion....