Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tim Couch to Giants ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Giants senior vice president/general manager Ernie Accorsi is making up for the opportunity he did not get with John Elway, the 1983 draft's No. 1 overall choice. Accorsi is exploring the possibility of acquiring another No. 1 overall pick.

A bust in Cleveland, Tim Couch could land in the Big Apple.
One year after the Giants traded for Eli Manning, New York now is interesting in signing free-agent quarterback Tim Couch, who could wind up competing for the backup job to Manning. Miami, among others, also has expressed interest in Couch, who is 28 years old.

One of the ironies here is Couch nearly signed last October with Chicago, which lost quarterback Rex Grossman last weekend. But Couch wasn't fully healthy, the Bears opted against it, and Couch wound up undergoing surgery on his right shoulder and elbow in February.

Now he is close to being healthy and close to finding a new home. Before the end of the month, he is expected to have one.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8745398
well i wish him the best. if he is healthy and gets a fair shake he could take Eli's job. he blows.
He sure has had a rough start to his career...
Does leslie co. need a qb coach Big Grin just kidding hope he turns his career around which he didnt have exactly the best situation in cleveland to prosper.
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:Does leslie co. need a qb coach Big Grin just kidding hope he turns his career around which he didnt have exactly the best situation in cleveland to prosper.

Smile Smile

Ya, I said all along Couch was in a bad situation. He has all the potential in the world and is still pretty young.. Hope all goes well.. Good luck Tim!!
Cleveland set out to ruin his career. Cleveland can rot in hell for all I care. I hope couch ends up with a good team.
Couch should play for the Giants. He will definitely be the backup QB, and there's a pretty good chance that by season's end he may be the starting QB...
"AshlandTcat06" Wrote:Couch should play for the Giants. He will definitely be the backup QB, and there's a pretty good chance that by season's end he may be the starting QB...

8) ELI sure isnt a Peyton. Smile Thats for sure
Read somewhere abut the Dolphins having some interest in Couch? Hope he gets a good shot again. He could be a real big comeback story....
if Tim is healthy and has a good line in front of him and WR's that aren't afraid to catch the ball he could have a good career. all the things i just said were missing in Cleveland
"EastKYReporter" Wrote:Read somewhere abut the Dolphins having some interest in Couch? Hope he gets a good shot again. He could be a real big comeback story....

Lets keep our fingers crossed. EKY 8)
i would like to see Tim throwing TD's to Moss in Oaktown. Go Raiders!
I just hope Couch gets a chance to prove himself anywhere in the league. Noone could have survived in the situation he was thrown into up there in Cleveland. Cleveland is the new Cincinatti...the place where good players die.
:lol: exactly
I think that if Couch wouldnt have been drafted by the Browns he would have been successful. Other then having the worst line in the NFL, he would throw great passes only to see them get dropped by his receivers. I noticed that the browns were more successful a few years ago with Kelly Holcomb playing QB because he didnt throw the ball near as hard as Couch did. People keep putting Couch down, when they dont look at the players that were around him. I think any QB that would have had a strong arm would have been unsuccessful at Cleveland.
Couch never got a fair shot in Cleveland, he had no line, and was always running for his life. I have heard Chicago and Miami are interested, I sure hope he is able to restart his career.
any more news on Timmy? Big Lorenzen is third string for the G Men right now. would like to see Eli and #2 QB go down so fat boy would get to play.