Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 6 - Bell Co 3 Semi-State 7 GM 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LC comes out and gives up 2 runs in the top of the 1st and then a HR in the 3rd and come away with the win. You could tell that LC came very tight they really never got there bats going until the 6th inning were they score four runs to take the lead. Until then Bell was holding a 3-2 lead. Then in the top of the 7th Lewis Michaels finally settled down struck out two and then caught the final out over toward the 1st base bag. Lewis gave up 4 hits didnt walk any and struck out 6 and LC had 2 Errors.
Bell Co started there #2 pitcher as well he gave up 6 hits and struck out 8 and walked I think 2 and had 5 errors.
congrats LC its yours for the taking now
sounds like this game could of went eiter way with a couple less E's on the side of bell!!....theres your mercy rule huh??
Well I must say I thought it would be much worse...Will Sheepard be throwing tomorrow?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well I must say I thought it would be much worse...Will Sheepard be throwing tomorrow?

Yea, and Lewis came out tight and just didnt get in his zone until late and LC as a team came out tight.
Batpuff Wrote:Yea, and Lewis came out tight and just didnt get in his zone until late and LC as a team came out tight.

I'm sure Bell was tight too...good, competitive game like most people expected. Should be another good one tonight.
jetpilot Wrote:I'm sure Bell was tight too...good, competitive game like most people expected. Should be another good one tonight.
I never said it wasnt going to be one.
Lew pitched a fine game and Jordan Miller came through with a clutch hit following a Bell Co. error to tie things up. Just wondering, why both managers did not use their #1 pitchers. I would have put more emphasis on winning the first game. I guess that's why I don't coach baseball.
lawrencefan Wrote:Lew pitched a fine game and Jordan Miller came through with a clutch hit following a Bell Co. error to tie things up. Just wondering, why both managers did not use their #1 pitchers. I would have put more emphasis on winning the first game. I guess that's why I don't coach baseball.

I think it could have something to do with Bell County's ace throwing just throwing four days before the sectionals started. They probably wanted to give him another days rest. As far as LC goes, who knows? It may have been the thought of wanting a senior to start that first game, less nervousness that way, and too that could have been the same reasoning for Bell County.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think it could have something to do with Bell County's ace throwing just throwing four days before the sectionals started. They probably wanted to give him another days rest. As far as LC goes, who knows? It may have been the thought of wanting a senior to start that first game, less nervousness that way, and too that could have been the same reasoning for Bell County.
Well he may have been a SR but he was as tight as a banjo string. lol But after the rocky start he settled down. But I think they just wanted to throw Ace against ace. But I am not a coach so who knows.
Batpuff Wrote:Well he may have been a SR but he was as tight as a banjo string. lol But after the rocky start he settled down. But I think they just wanted to throw Ace against ace. But I am not a coach so who knows.

I think that it is smart to have your best in a MUST WIN game.... If I am down 1-0 then I want my 1 guy going and if your up 1-0 then you can try to clinch with your ace
Bosox Fan Wrote:I think that it is smart to have your best in a MUST WIN game.... If I am down 1-0 then I want my 1 guy going and if your up 1-0 then you can try to clinch with your ace

Oh no doubt about that.... Should be a dandy game.

But my goodness when had the worst ump behind the plate we have had all year. And this guy hates LC in every sport.... I will not say his name on here but he was from the 16th region. He wasnt giving Lew anything like he was the kid from Bell Co. But PM me and I will give you his name and you will understand.
Batpuff Wrote:Well he may have been a SR but he was as tight as a banjo string. lol But after the rocky start he settled down. But I think they just wanted to throw Ace against ace. But I am not a coach so who knows.

Why would you want to go ace v. ace in that situation? If it were me I would want to try to steal the first game with my #2 against their ace, and I think that might have been what both coaches were thinking, but it ended up being both #2's. Especially if your #2 is practically as good as your #1. In that case I would throw the most experienced one, and I think both teams did that, but it just ended up better for LC. Regardless tonight should end up being a good game.
Batpuff Wrote:I never said it wasnt going to be one.

I never said you did.:p
lawrencefan Wrote:Lew pitched a fine game and Jordan Miller came through with a clutch hit following a Bell Co. error to tie things up. Just wondering, why both managers did not use their #1 pitchers. I would have put more emphasis on winning the first game. I guess that's why I don't coach baseball.

Nelson is Bell Co's #1 pitcher with Greer being a close second.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Nelson is Bell Co's #1 pitcher with Greer being a close second.

Well that clears up the confusion. I was wondering why they would want to hold their ace for the second game? I know LC did, but their #2 is not too far away from being the #1.
I am looking forward to tonight's match up. The kid from Bell County hit the homerun last night a long ways. The pitching matchup should favor the Bulldogs tonight though.
Im gonna take the dawgs tonight! 4-2 Go Dawgs!
Congrats LC
I am rootin' for the Dawgs!.... came thru around 6pm yesterday but couldn't stay... busy this evening, but still hoping for an LC win! Love to see those 57th District teams succeed!Good Luck Big Red!