Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A Most Amazing Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.kentucky.com/211/story/420950.html

Adam Bender slips a chest protector over his Astros jersey, buckles a shinguard to his right leg, positions a mask atop his head, grabs his catcher's mitt and hops out of the dugout.
Adam has his game face on. Or at least what passes as a game face for an 8-year-old. His eyes are serious. His freckled nose is crinkled with determination.
That is awesome. He has so much heart. He looks like a good little player!!
That kid is amazing! What an atitude!
That is an amazing story about an amazing kid.
WOW. Did you all watch the video?? I am blown away..the kid goes on one leg better than most 8 year olds on two..I am flat out amazed..and a truely inspirational feel good story..did you all read about the touchdown catch being double covered? I'd love to see THAT video..but thanks for the read..great story..
I just now got to finally watch the whole video. It is absolutely amazing. I mean he can throw on one leg.. many people cant throw on two! lol. There are so many inspirational people among us, many that we aren't even aware of.
Howcome he hasn't been given a prostetic leg? Because he is still growing?
This is what the story says: "Adam tried using a prosthesis but didn't like it because he felt it slowed him down. He is adamant about not using a wheelchair."

Slows him down.. that's just an amazing kid.
Talk about heart
The picture of Adam that was on the front of the Lexington Herald was picture of the week on ESPN last night! IT was chosen at like 89% across the United States! Just an unreal story! The thing that amazed me was when he slid at second when you can't get kids to slide anymore. The kid is a STUD!
I just seen it on ESPN again as the most memorable story of the week. I'll that Adam is on cloud 9 right now!
Yeah I just seen it on sportscenter that is was the pic of the week which is awesome! You could see the determination in his eyes he was wanting to tag the runner out!
Something else that I loved in the video is the kid who makes contact with Adam, just like he would with any other player. I love that they don't treat him any different and I am Really sure Adam agrees! Just a remarkable story!