Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jake McClanahan 6'7 C East Ridge, one of the nations best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just notice that he was rated 39th best player and 2nd among freshman this summer at this particular blue chip camp. Why is this the 1st time I've ever heard of the kid and I follow basketball pretty throughy in the Mountains?? He must have some potential or maybe they think he'll grow and develop in time.

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/prephoops/07...hip07.html
Is he originally from the East Ridge area, or is he a transfer?
There isn't any possible way that's true. The kid didn't even see the floor last year so how could he be ranked in the nation? I played against east ridge 2 times, and he saw the floor one time with about 2 seconds left, to try and block a long pass. Then the game went into overtime and was taken out and not put back in. Yeah he's tall but i seriously doubt him being ranked. Not bashing the kid, but he is not even a top 10 or 20 player in this region, let alone the country
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Is he originally from the East Ridge area, or is he a transfer?

He went to Elkhorn.
Has he improved that much? Why haven't any one heard of him?
He was also rated the 10th best player in the state for the class of 2011' by one site and was rated #270 nationally by another well respected service, I provided links but for whatever reason they were edited out in my 1st post. I guess it was some sort of rule violation or something.
I think if you check the date on the link it was for a camp last summer, not this summer.
It never ceases to amaze me as to just how unrealistic fans in eastern Ky are when it comes to sports! They have no clue what it takes to be a top player in this state....let alone the nation!
Warriors23RJ Wrote:He was also rated the 10th best player in the state for the class of 2011' by one site and was rated #270 nationally by another well respected service, I provided links but for whatever reason they were edited out in my 1st post. I guess it was some sort of rule violation or something.
No, You provided ONE link for a camp site.
There was no link provided to substantiate the other claims made.

The only rule violation was a potential rule violation for posting false information.
Please, do not post information if you can't back it up with a source.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:No, You provided ONE link for a camp site.
There was no link provided to substantiate the other claims made.

The only rule violation was a potential rule violation for posting false information.
Please, do not post information if you can't back it up with a source.
I'm sorry about that I thought I had posted all links.
OK, Browse down to the clas of 2011' at the bottom of the page and read #10 at this link.
http://www.bluegrassinsider.com/Rankings.aspx
Heres the other link, browse down to #270
http://forums.chicagohoops.com/viewtopic...b04594c0dc

I'm just as puzzled as you guys I've never even heard of the kid prior.
By looking at the bluegrassinsider's list, Scott County looks to be solid for the next 2-3 years, lol!!
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Heres the other link, browse down to #270
http://forums.chicagohoops.com/viewtopic...b04594c0dc

I'm just as puzzled as you guys I've never even heard of the kid prior.
warriors23rj...appreciate the info...However, these are links from other sports forums and are not credible for substantiation.
I watched the kid come in and block Devan Adams 2 or 3 times at Pikeville this year. The kid has potential.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:warriors23rj...appreciate the info...However, these are links from other sports forums and are not credible for substantiation.
I was just trying to back up my claim, so I didn't look like one of those "unrealistic fans in eastern Ky" on here lol, but seriously I never seen the kid play....Smile

Anyway you see where I was coming from.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I watched the kid come in and block Devan Adams 2 or 3 times at Pikeville this year. The kid has potential.

Well that doesn't mean he has potential. Adams played very weak this year, and they are almost the same height.. so getting a couple of blocks on him isn't something great. This kid might have potential to be a decent player, but he is definitely not a top player in the region or mountains, let alone the state or country. I watched the kid play 2 freshman games this year and he couldn't hardly score on little 5 foot kids. Not dissing the kid, but to say he is ranked high in the state and country is just crazy.
Not dissing Adams either, i think even him and his dad would agree that he played weak this season, and not the way he is capable of.
I think he will be one of the top centers in the region by his senior year.
Hey, this is the kid I try to tell you people on here about. Go ahead and bash this kid. It wasn't his fault he didn't hardly see the floor last year. He is working his tail off this summer. He has been invited to Kentucky and Indiana's Elite camps. This kid is alot better than the Adams kid from Pikeville/Shelby Vallley(?). Say what you want, but remember this post come this basketball season. One of the top 3 players in the 15th Region and the best Sophomore in the region. Yes he is an East Ridge product.
bball fan Wrote:It never ceases to amaze me as to just how unrealistic fans in eastern Ky are when it comes to sports! They have no clue what it takes to be a top player in this state....let alone the nation!

Dude settle down. He's not talking about an "Unrealistic Eastern Kentucky Fan Poll" he's talking about a national ranking and he just wanted to know what the deal was with him being ranked.
I saw him play at the plex yesterday and he is real good but it would help him if he had some help.
ERblue4ever Wrote:One of the top 3 players in the 15th Region and the best Sophomore in the region.

The kid isn't even the best player on his team...
Heard alot of good things about this kid even when he was at elkhorn in middle school
Never heard of him, but at 6'7 or whatever he could be well over 7ft by the time he's a SR.
sounds like the kids not much from what i hear on here anyone from eastridge got anything for us??
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well that doesn't mean he has potential. Adams played very weak this year, and they are almost the same height.. so getting a couple of blocks on him isn't something great. This kid might have potential to be a decent player, but he is definitely not a top player in the region or mountains, let alone the state or country. I watched the kid play 2 freshman games this year and he couldn't hardly score on little 5 foot kids. Not dissing the kid, but to say he is ranked high in the state and country is just crazy.

Good post. I believe by his senior year he will be well knowen in th 15th but not anywhere else. Coach Eric Ratliff is a good man he'll get the job done im sure Eric has him working hard!
Anyone know how he did at UK's elite camp?
jacob didnt get very much playing time this year, but when he did he had a loe of blocks and made a few points. he should be great by the time he is a senior, and I would expect him to get more playing time this year.