Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Region Champs and History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1- Heath (won 5 of the last 6)
2- Christian Co. (won 3 of the last 4)
3- Apollo (Back to Back)
4- Barren Co. (1st 4th region win according to KHSAA)
5-Central Hardin (1st 5th region win according to KHSAA)
6- PRP (Back to back)
7- CAL (1st 7th Region win according to KHSAA)
8- Anderson Co. (1st since 2003)
9- Newport Central Catholic (1st 8th Region win according to KHSAA)
10- Harrison Co. (won 4 of last 5)
11- Lex Cath. (won 2 of last 3)
12- West Jessamine (1st under current coach)
13-Bell Co. (1st 13th region win according to KHSAA)
14- Estill Co. (1st 14th region win according to KHSAA)
15- Lawerence Co.(1st Win in 15th Region according to KHSAA)
16- Greenup Co. (Back to Back)
Bosox Fan Wrote:1- Heath (won 5 of the last 6)
2- Christian Co. (won 3 of the last 4)
3- Apollo (Back to Back)
4- Barren Co. (1st 4th region win according to KHSAA)
5-Central Hardin (1st 5th region win according to KHSAA)
6- PRP (Back to back)
7- CAL (1st 7th Region win according to KHSAA)
8- Anderson Co. (1st since 2003)
9- Newport Central Catholic (1st 8th Region win according to KHSAA)
10- Harrison Co. (won 4 of last 5)
11- Lex Cath. (won 2 of last 3)
12- West Jessamine (1st under current coach)
13-Bell Co. (1st 13th region win according to KHSAA)
14- Estill Co. (1st 14th region win according to KHSAA)
15- Lawerence Co.(1st Win in 15th Region according to KHSAA)
16- Greenup Co. (Back to Back)

Yea its Lawrence 1st in the 15th but they did win the Reg while in the 16th
I still can't believe Christian Academy-Louisville beat St. X. They are not that good at all. 17-17 record and lost to almost every 7th region team in the regular season. Harrison County could very well win that region every year, and West Jessamine is going to become a power house before it's all said and done.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I still can't believe Christian Academy-Louisville beat St. X. They are not that good at all. 17-17 record and lost to almost every 7th region team in the regular season. Harrison County could very well win that region every year, and West Jessamine is going to become a power house before it's all said and done.

Yeah that shocked me as well about CAL. I guess that debunks my theory about a team from the 7th winning state this year, but in baseball ya never know.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I still can't believe Christian Academy-Louisville beat St. X. They are not that good at all. 17-17 record and lost to almost every 7th region team in the regular season. Harrison County could very well win that region every year, and West Jessamine is going to become a power house before it's all said and done.

Christian Academy may be this years Shelby Co.
I can't believe all these teams who upset big name teams to win their region. Should make for some interesting semi-state games. I'm really interested to see who makes it to the state tournament.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Christian Academy may be this years Shelby Co.

They have to get to the state first who do they play in the semis?
goodluck LC
I got Catholic or Apollo, the Knights are hot. And Apollo is just good.
Bosox Fan Wrote:They have to get to the state first who do they play in the semis?

The 7th region will have to play the 5th region, which would be Central Hardin because they ended up beating E-town, which I though was an upset as well. I thought Larue County or E-town would win this region. I would say at this point it's a toss up. The only thing that really sucks about this who situation with teams getting upset is the fact that there's not going to be any team with enough pitching to knock off PRP, and I think everybody in the state wants somebody to knock them off. The only team is Catholic, but they are in the other side of the bracket. They have to play Newport Central Catholic in the semi-state and should beat them farely easy. That was a big upset in the 9th region.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:there's not going to be any team with enough pitching to knock off PRP, and I think everybody in the state wants somebody to knock them off. The only team is Catholic

I guess they're the lesser of 2 evils.
Just read an article in the Big Sandy News. And they were saying that there hasnt been a father daughter when regional championships in the same year . Just wondering?
Batpuff Wrote:Just read an article in the Big Sandy News. And they were saying that there hasnt been a father daughter when regional championships in the same year . Just wondering?

You mean there has never been a baseball team and a softball team from the same school win the region in the same yr?
Batpuff Wrote:Just read an article in the Big Sandy News. And they were saying that there hasnt been a father daughter when regional championships in the same year . Just wondering?
Not sure that I am understanding whatever the question is you are asking. It's not making sense.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Not sure that I am understanding whatever the question is you are asking. It's not making sense.

What he is saying is that the Head Coach for the baseball team from LC is the Softball team for LC's dad. I think that is where the father/daughter thing came in.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:What he is saying is that the Head Coach for the baseball team from LC is the Softball team for LC's dad. I think that is where the father/daughter thing came in.
Why didn't you just say that Randy Keeton's daughter coaches the softball team?Smile Keep it simple.

What ever happened to Darrell Mynier anyways?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Why didn't you just say that Randy Keeton's daughter coaches the softball team?Smile Keep it simple.

What ever happened to Darrell Mynier anyways?

Sorry didn't know if anybody knew Randy Keeton that well. I guess I should have though.

You and the Big Sandy may be wrong on that. I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty sure that Bill and Megan Miller won regional championships at PRP in the same year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You and the Big Sandy may be wrong on that. I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty sure that Bill and Megan Miller won regional championships at PRP in the same year.

Well to start with I said that the info came from the big sandy news so it wouldnt be me that was wrong.
Batpuff Wrote:Well to start with I said that the info came from the big sandy news so it wouldnt be me that was wrong.

Yea I know...
Actually Bill and Megan Miller have done it this year. I just realized that PRP's softball team won their region this year too.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually Bill and Megan Miller have done it this year. I just realized that PRP's softball team won their region this year too.

I wish PRP would have a losing season I am sick of them
Bosox Fan Wrote:I wish PRP would have a losing season I am sick of them
Well for what it's worth. Despite all of the success that PRP has every year, they have failed miserably in post season play. That's the only season that really means much when it gets right down to it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well for what it's worth. Despite all of the success that PRP has every year, they have failed miserably in post season play. That's the only season that really means much when it gets right down to it.

That is true, however, this season they have been pretty dag on dominant! haha
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is true, however, this season they have been pretty dag on dominant! haha
Up to this point yeah, but they dont have the big trophy yet. Perhaps they will, but Catholic or maybe somebody else will have a lot to say about that.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Up to this point yeah, but they dont have the big trophy yet. Perhaps they will, but Catholic or maybe somebody else will have a lot to say about that.

Yea they definetly choked last year! Catholic may not even make it to the championship game, and Apollo could end up knocking off PRP. You never know, whoever wins that Greenup/LC game be sitting in the state championship, especially if Maronde has to pitch first the first game. However, Harrison/West Jessamine will not have that long of a time to rest like the others, especially if West Jessamine wins tonight. I still think Harrison is the only one of them that can beat Catholic though, I don't think WJ has the fire power to do it.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea they definetly choked last year! Catholic may not even make it to the championship game, and Apollo could end up knocking off PRP. You never know, whoever wins that Greenup/LC game be sitting in the state championship, especially if Maronde has to pitch first the first game. However, Harrison/West Jessamine will not have that long of a time to rest like the others, especially if West Jessamine wins tonight. I still think Harrison is the only one of them that can beat Catholic though, I don't think WJ has the fire power to do it.

I think if Maronde pitches it will be a great game
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea they definetly choked last year! Catholic may not even make it to the championship game, and Apollo could end up knocking off PRP. You never know, whoever wins that Greenup/LC game be sitting in the state championship, especially if Maronde has to pitch first the first game. However, Harrison/West Jessamine will not have that long of a time to rest like the others, especially if West Jessamine wins tonight. I still think Harrison is the only one of them that can beat Catholic though, I don't think WJ has the fire power to do it.

I really like both LC's or Greenup's chances of being there. Hopefully some of OUR boys will have that opportunity.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I really like both LC's or Greenup's chances of being there. Hopefully some of OUR boys will have that opportunity.

Greenup may struggle if Tyler throws more than 5 because their #2 and #3 barely throw 80, and you know as well as I do that when you get to this part of the season that speed get's tore up.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Greenup may struggle if Tyler throws more than 5 because their #2 and #3 barely throw 80, and you know as well as I do that when you get to this part of the season that speed get's tore up.
Well that's true, but in 04 and 05 Christian County had 3 pitchers that all threw less or right at 80 and they won it back to back.
Pages: 1 2