Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joseph Jamerson places 4th in 110 hurdles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joseph Jamerson, an 8th grader from Prestonsburg placed 4th in this weekend's state track meet in Louisville. He did it with a time of 15.88. If the kid keeps working hard and improving, the possibilities are endless.
Cannot wait to see this kid suit up for football, he is going to be a star at Prestonsburg, IMO, he and Bryson Williams are the next big things at Prestonsburg.

Congrats Joseph!
Jamerson really impresses me, especially for an 8th grader. Not often do you see a grade school boy do well in sprinting competition at state. For girls it happens pretty often, but not in boys. Jamerson looks like he is going to be a multi-sport star.

Watching the race, I was really impressed with his form in the hurdles. He isn't too shabby in the jumps either. I didn't get to see Dewey afterward, but I'm sure he was beaming.
Boys 100 Meter Hurdles
===================================================================================
Name Year Team Seed Finals H# Points
===================================================================================
1 Morrison, Shawn Coal Grove 15.8 1 10
2 McGuire, Loy Huntington 16.1 1 8
3 Conley, Aaron Coal Grove 16.3 2 6
4 Messer,Connor Russell W 16.6 1 5
5 Turner, DeMadre Huntington 17.6 2 4
6 Park, Rogan Pt Pleasant 17.9 2 3
7 Payne, Cody Louisa 18.7 2 2
8 Morris, Eric Russell M 18.9 2 1
9 McGuire, Donny Russell W 19.0 1
10 Compton, Blake Louisa 19.3 1
11 Rocchi, Logan Pt Pleasant 20.8 1
12 Singer, Allen Beverly Hills B 21.1 1
13 Gerasimov, Mark VerityMS 21.4 2
14 Lemon, Christian VerityMS 22.2 1
15 Smith, Zach Beverly Hills 23.6 2

My boy is a 5th grader who is 11, came out for Middle school track and won the area 7 Middle School Championship in the 100M hurdle. He also placed 2nd in the 300M hurdles, 3rd in the triple jump with a jump of 28-10, long jumps 13-6.
I can see these boys running against each other when Jamerson is a senior, Connor will be a freshman. I have followed the Jamerson kid on line and watched his results. Very impressive and I bet he is great to watch. I have looked at the pictures online, which one is he???? Send the link to a picture. I thought I saw the pictures on the milesplit page???
Joesph is on the far right...
Great job Jo Jo, the future's lookin very bright, keep workin hard.
man how tall is he?? Looks good to be an 8th grader... I have seen the Rowan Co kid run and I know what he can do, so he looks really good.. I wish him the best and hopefully mom and dad willnot have to pay for school in 4 years... Thats the plan Aint IT?????
I know I look for that.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:man how tall is he?? Looks good to be an 8th grader... .

He is right at 6'3 and still growing.
great job man........
good luck in years to come
Awesome kid, does he play football too???? or any other sports??
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Awesome kid, does he play football too???? or any other sports??

He played football & basketball for Adams Middle School... and if you didn't know, his older brother, Nick Jamerson was an all-state athlete at Prestonsburg in football, and now plays for Pikeville College. Joseph's grandfather played for the University of Kentucky in football, I believe during the Bear Bryant days.

I'm sure if I missed something that gish could correct me.
thats cool !!!!!!!!!!!!
He has a chance to do great things.
pretty good for an 8th grader.