Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co. - Vs- Lawrence Co. Semi State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well lets get this one going.

The games will be played at Lawrence Co. Wed - Thursday - and Friday if needed.
Two five inning mercy games for Lawrence Co.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Two five inning mercy games for Lawrence Co.

I'd like to see that happen....is Bell that weak? Or the 13th in general this year?
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I'd like to see that happen....is Bell that weak? Or the 13th in general this year?

More like Lawrence is just that good.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:More like Lawrence is just that good.
Lawrence in 2. Greer has lost a lot on his fastball since early in the year. Don't know what the problem is, he just didn't have the velocity. He just gave up 2 runs, but it's hard to dig yourself an 8-0 defecit and come back. Clay had the runners on just didn't have the timely hitting.
Lawrence Co in two.
I think it will be a dandy with LC coming out on top.
I'd like to see LC come out and beat them in 2.. They can't get to far ahead of themselves. But if they come out to play like they know how.. they will be fine. I say they will take it in 2 tho.:letsparty
I think this might be closer than people think. I hope the Dawgs forget about rolling through the Region so easy. It's time to get hungry and keep their eyes on their goals. If they keep pounding the ball like they have been then they have a great shot to move on to Lex. One game at a time needs to be the focus. I'm thrilled they are playing at home I just hope we don't have the attitude that it's going to continue to be easy. They have good leaders + coaches so I think their head will be on straight. I'm proud of our boys + girls!
Mr. Kimball is a smart man. LC in 2 total run prediction 24-4
i hope lawrence co dosent get to full of themselevs becase anything can happen but best of luck from martin county ......we will be giveing our support all the way to state good luck
bulldog42 Wrote:I think this might be closer than people think. I hope the Dawgs forget about rolling through the Region so easy. It's time to get hungry and keep their eyes on their goals. If they keep pounding the ball like they have been then they have a great shot to move on to Lex. One game at a time needs to be the focus. I'm thrilled they are playing at home I just hope we don't have the attitude that it's going to continue to be easy. They have good leaders + coaches so I think their head will be on straight. I'm proud of our boys + girls!

Yea I think they know they have there hands full now and will have the right attitude. Cant wait. Now I hope the rain holds off.
IntheZone Wrote:i hope lawrence co dosent get to full of themselevs becase anything can happen but best of luck from martin county ......we will be giveing our support all the way to state good luck
You won't need to worry about this. LC is on a mission I haven't seen PRP but I can't see how they could be any better.
I wouldn't count Bell County out of this one. They've played some very good competition as well and won against a few. They also have the pitching and defense to play with and beat Lawrence County. LC is very tough and should be favored, but if they win, these games won't be mercies nor blowouts. They'll have to earn it.
LC in 2
Hit and Run Wrote:Lawrence in 2. Greer has lost a lot on his fastball since early in the year. Don't know what the problem is, he just didn't have the velocity. He just gave up 2 runs, but it's hard to dig yourself an 8-0 defecit and come back. Clay had the runners on just didn't have the timely hitting.

I don't think Greer has lost much on his fastball. Had him clocked at 87-88 late in the championship game and his curve and changeup was 72-73. Looked like he got pretty tired after the 4th, after all, he did run the bases a lot in the first inning, but he was still consistently in the mid 80s and gassing up to 88 even late.

Nelson improved his velocity against Corbin ranging in the 83-85 mph range consistently and his curve had more break to it and he threw a good change as well. His curve and change were in the low to mid 70s as well, so both of these pitchers have good stuff.

Don't have any clocking on Ely, but he is just as effective as Nelson and Greer. If I'm not mistaken Nelson and Ely have 7 wins this season and Greer has 8. Bell has good pitching and they don't make a lot of mistakes.

LC has Shepherd and Cyrus who are also quality pitchers. Lewis Michaels also has won some games for the Bulldogs this season. They have a pretty tough lineup, but Bell hits pretty well 1-9 too. I think this makes for a good matchup. I think it will go 3 games, and the winner will be the one who makes the least mistakes.
I would like to see LC advance and play at Applebees. Good Luck Dawgs
BaseballMan Wrote:I wouldn't count Bell County out of this one. They've played some very good competition as well and won against a few. They also have the pitching and defense to play with and beat Lawrence County. LC is very tough and should be favored, but if they win, these games won't be mercies nor blowouts. They'll have to earn it.

I'm not crazy enough to say that LC will easily win in two games but, I also wouldn't say that Bell Co. has played a difficult schedule. Out of the 13th region their record is 9-7 with wins over Leslie Co. (11-14), Rowan Co. (11-19) and Campbell TN (3X), Cumberland Gap, TN (2X), and Claiborne County, TN (2X). I'm sure they are a quality club to get where they are but these out of region wins are not very impressive.

Lawrence Co.'s out of region wins to name a few are:
Greenup (30-6)
Clay (26-7)
Hazard (21-9)
Trinity (Louisville) (27-10)
Franklin Co. (24-10)
East Carter (24-11)
Clark Co. (20-13)
Spring Valley WV
Cabell-Midland WV

So as far as tested by quality opponents I believe LC is more than ready.

Should be two good games but I think Lawrence should come out on top.

I'm confident enough, in seeing both teams play, that that this will not occur. It could, but it could happen the other way as well, but I highly, highly doubt it will either way. Bell has good pitching, LC has good pitching, both are very well coached. It just won't happen.

I predict 2 or 3 low scoring games with scores like 3-1, 4-2, or 7-4. Lawrence is good and filled with seniors. I don't discredit their accomplishments in any way, but to say that they will mercy Bell in 2 is a bold statement that I believe you will have to go back on.

However, if it happens, I will go back on my words, but I am extremely confident it won't after seeing both clubs play.

I would like to see either club represent eastern KY in Lexington. The winner of this series will play the Estill County and Greenup County winner as well. That one should be good also and could be close. Either way, a team from the 13th through 16th will be in the state final four this year.
BaseballMan Wrote:I'm confident enough, in seeing both teams play, that that this will not occur. It could, but it could happen the other way as well, but I highly, highly doubt it will either way. Bell has good pitching, LC has good pitching, both are very well coached. It just won't happen.

I predict 2 or 3 low scoring games with scores like 3-1, 4-2, or 7-4. Lawrence is good and filled with seniors. I don't discredit their accomplishments in any way, but to say that they will mercy Bell in 2 is a bold statement that I believe you will have to go back on.

However, if it happens, I will go back on my words, but I am extremely confident it won't after seeing both clubs play.

I would like to see either club represent eastern KY in Lexington. The winner of this series will play the Estill County and Greenup County winner as well. That one should be good also and could be close. Either way, a team from the 13th through 16th will be in the state final four this year.

Well I know that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. They may have had just a bad game or what ever that the good thing about the Semi being 2 out of 3. I think that is the way it should be when you get to Applebee's as well.
I know that Bell Co will be a great test for LC as will LC for Bell. So I know LC will come in ready to play and with it being at LC who knows what will happen.
Good Luck to both teams.

But his statement was just to get under some skin on here.
BaseballMan Wrote:I don't think Greer has lost much on his fastball. Had him clocked at 87-88 late in the championship game and his curve and changeup was 72-73. Looked like he got pretty tired after the 4th, after all, he did run the bases a lot in the first inning, but he was still consistently in the mid 80s and gassing up to 88 even late.

Nelson improved his velocity against Corbin ranging in the 83-85 mph range consistently and his curve had more break to it and he threw a good change as well. His curve and change were in the low to mid 70s as well, so both of these pitchers have good stuff.

Don't have any clocking on Ely, but he is just as effective as Nelson and Greer. If I'm not mistaken Nelson and Ely have 7 wins this season and Greer has 8. Bell has good pitching and they don't make a lot of mistakes.

LC has Shepherd and Cyrus who are also quality pitchers. Lewis Michaels also has won some games for the Bulldogs this season. They have a pretty tough lineup, but Bell hits pretty well 1-9 too. I think this makes for a good matchup. I think it will go 3 games, and the winner will be the one who makes the least mistakes.

They have a lot of wins, but everyone of their wins is against 13th region teams. Bell's non-conference schedule is really weak. Woodford, Boyle, and Rowan, and a couple of teams from TN, and that was it. Woodford beat them, Boyle beat them, and I just don't think playing in region all year can help you that much, especially when you get to the section. If you play a weak schedule then it just makes you that much weaker at the end of the year, and when the team your playing has a great non-conference schedule, it just makes them that much stronger.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They have a lot of wins, but everyone of their wins is against 13th region teams. Bell's non-conference schedule is really weak. Woodford, Boyle, and Rowan, and a couple of teams from TN, and that was it. Woodford beat them, Boyle beat them, and I just don't think playing in region all year can help you that much, especially when you get to the section. If you play a weak schedule then it just makes you that much weaker at the end of the year, and when the team your playing has a great non-conference schedule, it just makes them that much stronger.

Yea I agree and I know we ran through the District and Region there was a couple of good teams in there. But our Non-conference I think was tough as you could get for this area.
Batpuff Wrote:Yea I agree and I know we ran through the District and Region there was a couple of good teams in there. But our Non-conference I think was tough as you could get for this area.

I would agree that LC played probably the toughest non-conference schedule around, but Bell's schedule is no slouch. The 13th has good pitching, and many of them as good as Shepherd or Cyrus (not saying better than, so don't read into that), but as good as. Scalf from Knox, Martin from SL, Hobbs from Clay, Smith from Corbin, not to mention that Bell played 4 teams in Florida who are probably as good as or better than about any team in Kentucky. They were mercied once by North Fort Myers, and a little research will show you that's where Deion Sanders went to school and they're baseball and football tough. From what I hear, they were in that game until late inning errors. They played with the other 3 teams. I think this will be a good series. I hope to get to see it.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I know that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. They may have had just a bad game or what ever that the good thing about the Semi being 2 out of 3. I think that is the way it should be when you get to Applebee's as well.
I know that Bell Co will be a great test for LC as will LC for Bell. So I know LC will come in ready to play and with it being at LC who knows what will happen.
Good Luck to both teams.

But his statement was just to get under some skin on here.

I give your program a compliment and then you start this junk. Rolleyes

The very reason why I have always loved to razz you so much is because you take every little thing so danged serious. Sometimes you are just such an easy target.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I give your program a compliment and then you start this junk.Smile

I agree Kimball, it was real classy of you to compliment their program like that. If I had an award I would give it to you.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree Kimball, it was real classy of you to compliment their program like that. If I had an award I would give it to you.
Well, I probably am closer to the program and it's players, coaches, and fans than even ol' Batpuff himself could ever even dream. He just can't realize it when someone just trys to kid around, and have a little fun. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well, I probably am closer to the program and it's players, coaches, and fans than even ol' Batpuff himself could ever even dream. He just can't realize it when someone just trys to kid around, and have a little fun. SDometimes we can be our own worst enemy.Smile

Haha! I am mine!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well, I probably am closer to the program and it's players, coaches, and fans than even ol' Batpuff himself could ever even dream. He just can't realize it when someone just trys to kid around, and have a little fun. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.Smile

Well isnt that good for you. For one I never said I was close to the program, ,matter of fact never have been. I just watch alot of LC sports not just one.
Batpuff Wrote:Well isnt that good for you. For one I never said I was close to the program, ,matter of fact never have been. I just watch alot of LC sports not just one.

Oh I thought you might have been one of the coaches?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh I thought you might have been one of the coaches?
Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2