Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 8 Shelby Valley 2(15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Great job girls your going to STATE :Cheerlead :Cheerlead Don't settle for just getting their stay focused and go for the gold you CAN do it. If you want it bad enough. GOOD LUCK
Congrats on your 1st region championship Lady dawgs, great season shelby valley and congrats on your runner up.
Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you. The girls and all the coaches have worked extremely hard this year.
Kelsey had another great game with 15 k's.
Batpuff Wrote:Kelsey had another great game with 15 k's.

Did you manage to make it to both games?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Did you manage to make it to both games?

Nope I had to listen to the last inning on the radio.
Batpuff Wrote:Nope I had to listen to the last inning on the radio.
Better than being there wasn't it???
good luck at state lc
Way to go Lady Dawgs!!
Don't be happy with reaching 2nd base you have proved you can play with anybody in the state. You have the ability to win this tourney if you stay focused. 7 innings and defense wins championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Better than being there wasn't it???

Well I would say yes..... But coming out of those mtns I couldnt hardly pick it up. lol but other then that yea it was. lol
Oh yea and what was up with that all pike co teams?
Batpuff Wrote:Oh yea and what was up with that all pike co teams?

What do you mean?
NYY10 Wrote:What do you mean?
Yea after they did the 15th Reg team and all that they had an all pike co team that must have had 20 players on it from the schools just in the pike co school district.
Batpuff Wrote:Oh yea and what was up with that all pike co teams?

I was told that several years ago that the Appalachian News Express did an all Pike County team and picked a Pike County Player of the year. They did this for several years and then about 2 or 3 years ago they quit doing it. So this year the coaches from Pike County restarted it calling it the Pike County All Tournament Team. But they didn't pick a player of the year. So if all the other counties in the 15th region wanted to do this, I'm sure it would be O.K.
4uknuts Wrote:I was told that several years ago that the Appalachian News Express did an all Pike County team and picked a Pike County Player of the year. They did this for several years and then about 2 or 3 years ago they quit doing it. So this year the coaches from Pike County restarted it calling it the Pike County All Tournament Team. But they didn't pick a player of the year. So if all the other counties in the 15th region wanted to do this, I'm sure it would be O.K.

I thought that it really took away from the 15th Region All-Tournament Team, was there even anyone there from local news to take photos of the All-Tourney Team?

I think that it was great to have a Pike County All Tournament Team, but felt that it should be done at a different time. Just my opinion.
Kelsey deserves state wide recognition for the year she has had! Congrats to the DAWGS! We're proud of you girls!
Pickle-princess Wrote:I thought that it really took away from the 15th Region All-Tournament Team, was there even anyone there from local news to take photos of the All-Tourney Team?

I think that it was great to have a Pike County All Tournament Team, but felt that it should be done at a different time. Just my opinion.

Well the radio said it was the first so I dont know. But to me it was a slap in the face to the other schools and kids that didnt make the 15th all tourney team and then have to sit there while they went through all that. If they were going to do it like you said it should have been done at a later date or something. Because it just took away from what the girls did that made the all tourney team.
Batpuff Wrote:Well the radio said it was the first so I dont know. But to me it was a slap in the face to the other schools and kids that didnt make the 15th all tourney team and then have to sit there while they went through all that. If they were going to do it like you said it should have been done at a later date or something. Because it just took away from what the girls did that made the all tourney team.

Well thats why I don't like all tournament teams anyway. Everyone knows that all the kids play hard and get very disappointed if they don't make the all tournament team when they gave 100% and think they should have made it. It should be about all the kids all the time, not just come tourney time.
Congratulations Dawgs! So proud of ya!!
wooo...go lady dawgs. good luck in state.
How many of these girls play on the basketball team? I got the chance to watch them play a few times this past season.
Batpuff, who guys win one championship and you think you are God. Don't know how to act like a champion. When the last time a team other than a Pike County team to win it. You win one and you start bashing Pike County. Better enjoy it. Wait until you play Nort Laurel, Ryle, Scott County, etc. You will see how good you really are. We had you guys beat up at our tournament at East Ridge and LC beat us 3-2 and we return everybody next year. See Ya!!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:Batpuff, who guys win one championship and you think you are God. Don't know how to act like a champion. When the last time a team other than a Pike County team to win it. You win one and you start bashing Pike County. Better enjoy it. Wait until you play Nort Laurel, Ryle, Scott County, etc. You will see how good you really are. We had you guys beat up at our tournament at East Ridge and LC beat us 3-2 and we return everybody next year. See Ya!!!!

What are you even talking about I never once bashed anyone from Pike Co. Just said that they should have done the Pike Co all tourney thing different. But hey a win is a win the last time I checked. And we have played teams from that part of the state and WON.
Batpuff Wrote:What are you even talking about I never once bashed anyone from Pike Co. Just said that they should have done the Pike Co all tourney thing different. But hey a win is a win the last time I checked. And we have played teams from that part of the state and WON.

Who have they played from that part of the state?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Who have they played from that part of the state?
More then I thought but here you go.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
ERblue4ever Wrote:Batpuff, who guys win one championship and you think you are God. Don't know how to act like a champion. When the last time a team other than a Pike County team to win it. You win one and you start bashing Pike County. Better enjoy it. Wait until you play Nort Laurel, Ryle, Scott County, etc. You will see how good you really are. We had you guys beat up at our tournament at East Ridge and LC beat us 3-2 and we return everybody next year. See Ya!!!!
Boy oh boy does that sound positive. FYI LC players and coaches for the last three years knew they would have to play at the level of Pike Co. teams if they wanted to even stand a chance of winning a championship. LC played a schedule this year that was very demanding. The team does not care who they play. To them it is just the other team. They play every PITCH to win. They are extremely hard working with grueling 3 hour practices. The teams you mentioned are all have good programs but LC has a good program to. They BELIEVE they can win any game any time they take the field.