Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 14, Hazard 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tied up 7- 7 going into bottom of sixth: Estill scores seven runs to slam the door.
I also heard that Estill threw Freeman. Talk about a ballsy move after hearing he would not pitch again the rest of the year! I heard he was throwing the heck out of it and totally changed the momentum of the game! Congrats Estill and way to battle them Bulldogs!
True! Freeman came in late, I think when it was tied 7-7.
Great win for the Neers!!
Congrats Estill.......Great Showing from Meehans Dawgs!
Great job Estill Good job Hazard Estill's bats came alive in the 6th Sound like Hazard did not field the ball to good but any way great job Estill this team is for real. By the way i picked this one 14 to 6
Congratulations Estill.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I also heard that Estill threw Freeman. Talk about a ballsy move after hearing he would not pitch again the rest of the year! I heard he was throwing the heck out of it and totally changed the momentum of the game! Congrats Estill and way to battle them Bulldogs!

Wonder how UK feels about that........thought they didn't want him pitching?
how good is Estill? I mean are they a team that if they win that Greenup should be worried about?
Bosox Fan Wrote:how good is Estill? I mean are they a team that if they win that Greenup should be worried about?

I think they could give em' a good game.........Pitchin would be my only concern..........but if Freemans back on the mound then i dunno I'll pay the gas money to go to powell and watch em play.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I think they could give em' a good game.........Pitchin would be my only concern..........but if Freemans back on the mound then i dunno I'll pay the gas money to go to powell and watch em play.

Estill may win one game, but if they try to go ace vs. ace then they might not win any of them. Greenup is a lot better team all around, and they are on a 20 game win streak and they are no joke. I just think that Estill can match them on the mound. They can hit with them, but they can't pitch with them , and everyone knows pitching is what really wins you games.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Estill may win one game, but if they try to go ace vs. ace then they might not win any of them. Greenup is a lot better team all around, and they are on a 20 game win streak and they are no joke. I just think that Estill can match them on the mound. They can hit with them, but they can't pitch with them , and everyone knows pitching is what really wins you games.

Yea i agree.....thats basicly what I was saying there pitchings not good enough but I think they have a good chance of winning the Game Freeman pitches.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Yea i agree.....thats basicly what I was saying there pitchings not good enough but I think they have a good chance of winning the Game Freeman pitches.

I will agree with that as long as Freeman is not pitching the same game that Heinerman is pitching. He is on a 39 inning scoreless pitching rant, and I don't see he him slowing down at all.
Congrats to Estill and good luck in the championship game. I'd like to congratulate the Hazard Bulldogs on the great season that they have had. It has been an honor and a pleasure to yell for the Dawgs at their games. You guys have made us very proud!!!

WE ARE HAZARD!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: l_2e09da89f16b8c731d78ec88f3a46d3fA.jpg]
True, Freeman is Estill's ace pitcher, but keep in mind that he has not pitched for Estill for several weeks and Estill remained dominant.......The rest of their pitching staff is still very good. Estill's team is strong. Period.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Estill may win one game, but if they try to go ace vs. ace then they might not win any of them. Greenup is a lot better team all around, and they are on a 20 game win streak and they are no joke. I just think that Estill can match them on the mound. They can hit with them, but they can't pitch with them , and everyone knows pitching is what really wins you games.

GREENUP MAYBE BETTER I HAVENT KEPT UP WITH THEM THAT MUCH .THERE PITCHING IS STRONG AS WHAT IVE HEARD . BUT ON THE SAME TOKEN HERE ESTILL'S BATS HAVE BEEN HOT AGAINST SOME GOOD PICTHING THROUGH OUT THE YEAR AND THERE PITCHING STAFF AINT TOO SHABBY EITHER I PREDICT A CLOSE SET OF GAMES .. GO NEERS
SWING HARD Wrote:GREENUP MAYBE BETTER I HAVENT KEPT UP WITH THEM THAT MUCH .THERE PITCHING IS STRONG AS WHAT IVE HEARD . BUT ON THE SAME TOKEN HERE ESTILL'S BATS HAVE BEEN HOT AGAINST SOME GOOD PICTHING THROUGH OUT THE YEAR AND THERE PITCHING STAFF AINT TOO SHABBY EITHER I PREDICT A CLOSE SET OF GAMES .. GO NEERS

Estill hasn't faced anyone on their schedule this season that has the pitching like Greenup has. Powell has a good pitcher, but he is more along the lines of Greenup's #3. After that what has Estill seen? Madison Central didn't throw anybody good, and that is all Estill has played. It was a really weak schedule so until I hear of them hitting the ball against good steady competition I will take Greenup over Estill any day. I don't think it will have to go to a third game, this should be a two game series.
They tell me Estill put 13 runs on the board against Clark County's ace, who throws upper 80's. They also went into the seventh inning against Henry Clay( which was ranked 5th in the state at the time) down 7-5 and playing on Harrison County's field which looks to be about 280 down the lines and Henry Clay had 2 or 3 HR's that would be routine fly balls on a real ball field..Estill is capable of competing. They play tough defense and CAN hit good pitching..
Looks like someone didint read all the stats. (JRS)
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Looks like someone didint read all the stats. (JRS)

Actually yea I did. Estill only put up 10 runs against GRC not 13. There was 13 total runs scored. So "whomever" they may be was wrong. Not too mention GRC's "ace" is their shortstop and he has only topped out at 84 a couple of times this year. My God! The exaggeration on here is hilarious. And to be completely honest I can't even believe he is trying to bring up the Harrison County and Henry Clay games. Estill almost got mercy ruled in both of those games. I don't care what kind of field you play on both teams are hitting on it so it shouldn't matter. That is just another classic excuse of why they got smoked. What he felled to mention was that Henry Clay beat Estill 13-5, and Harrison beat them 12-3. Not exactly the close game he was trying to portray. Henry Clay is a good team and I am sure they threw off against Estill to begin with. Whenever they only teams that you can consistently beat are 14th region and low rate mediocre teams around your county, it's really not a lot to brag about. Bottomline like I said before Greenup County will be the favorite going into the section. They will hit similar to Greenup, but they can not hold a candle to the pitching staff that Greenup has. And by the way I was very well of the "all" the stats whenever I posted, so before you start trying to call people out maybe you should check them yourself.
I was only saying that Estill can play with Greenup.....You're basing your opinion on final scores...Well, Greenup lost to Rockcastle and Somerset this year....What is their reccords....FYI....Estill threw two pitchers against Henry Clay who had never pitched varsity...The game was closer than the final score..
I know greenup is tough, but I can't sit by and let you write off the engineers that easily.....I believe they will know Estill has been there....Go Neers
Of course, Estill has to beat PCC first....You never know.
John_Rocker Wrote:Of course, Estill has to beat PCC first....You never know.

Very true! You have to take up for your team, I can understand that as well!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually yea I did. Estill only put up 10 runs against GRC not 13. There was 13 total runs scored. So "whomever" they may be was wrong. Not too mention GRC's "ace" is their shortstop and he has only topped out at 84 a couple of times this year. My God! The exaggeration on here is hilarious. And to be completely honest I can't even believe he is trying to bring up the Harrison County and Henry Clay games. Estill almost got mercy ruled in both of those games. I don't care what kind of field you play on both teams are hitting on it so it shouldn't matter. That is just another classic excuse of why they got smoked. What he felled to mention was that Henry Clay beat Estill 13-5, and Harrison beat them 12-3. Not exactly the close game he was trying to portray. Henry Clay is a good team and I am sure they threw off against Estill to begin with. Whenever they only teams that you can consistently beat are 14th region and low rate mediocre teams around your county, it's really not a lot to brag about. Bottomline like I said before Greenup County will be the favorite going into the section. They will hit similar to Greenup, but they can not hold a candle to the pitching staff that Greenup has. And by the way I was very well of the "all" the stats whenever I posted, so before you start trying to call people out maybe you should check them yourself.

As Ronald Reagan once said to Jimmy Carter, "Now there you go again." Greenup County is the favorite...little doubt about that. Estill County is a quality baseball team. Also, Estill has to beat Perry Central to even make this discussion relevant, which I think they will... but the only game that matters is the PCC one at this point.
Are you serious? Estill will 10 run PCC. PCC does not have the pitching, defense or offense to challenge Estill. They basically have one player (BN) that can hit and that's it.
thecavemaster Wrote:As Ronald Reagan once said to Jimmy Carter, "Now there you go again." Greenup County is the favorite...little doubt about that. Estill County is a quality baseball team. Also, Estill has to beat Perry Central to even make this discussion relevant, which I think they will... but the only game that matters is the PCC one at this point.

Very nicely said!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually yea I did. Estill only put up 10 runs against GRC not 13. There was 13 total runs scored. So "whomever" they may be was wrong. Not too mention GRC's "ace" is their shortstop and he has only topped out at 84 a couple of times this year. My God! The exaggeration on here is hilarious. And to be completely honest I can't even believe he is trying to bring up the Harrison County and Henry Clay games. Estill almost got mercy ruled in both of those games. I don't care what kind of field you play on both teams are hitting on it so it shouldn't matter. That is just another classic excuse of why they got smoked. What he felled to mention was that Henry Clay beat Estill 13-5, and Harrison beat them 12-3. Not exactly the close game he was trying to portray. Henry Clay is a good team and I am sure they threw off against Estill to begin with. Whenever they only teams that you can consistently beat are 14th region and low rate mediocre teams around your county, it's really not a lot to brag about. Bottomline like I said before Greenup County will be the favorite going into the section. They will hit similar to Greenup, but they can not hold a candle to the pitching staff that Greenup has. And by the way I was very well of the "all" the stats whenever I posted, so before you start trying to call people out maybe you should check them yourself.

Ill tell you what is hilarious. You gettin all worked up over this stuff. I just enjoy reading your posts. lol. Somebody give this man a bottle.Smile
jrs I dont think you have seen Estill co play this year you should check them out by the way heart can take you along way and i can tell you now this team has it all.
John_Rocker Wrote:They tell me Estill put 13 runs on the board against Clark County's ace, who throws upper 80's. They also went into the seventh inning against Henry Clay( which was ranked 5th in the state at the time) down 7-5 and playing on Harrison County's field which looks to be about 280 down the lines and Henry Clay had 2 or 3 HR's that would be routine fly balls on a real ball field..Estill is capable of competing. They play tough defense and CAN hit good pitching..

The upper 80s is not anything to call home about... I was at the Boyd Co. Greenup game and the guy sitting in front of me had a radar gun.... Logan Helms was throwing 86-88 consistently... Tyler who won the game and set the state record for most consecutive scoreless innings that game was no where near that.... Pitching is not all about velocity... Tyler is the undoubted ace of the Musketeer staff for the past 2 years and has not been the hardest thrower either year and last year he was not even the 2nd hardest (Austin Wright was the hardest and Dakata Greenslate is the hardest this year)
basketballwizz Wrote:jrs I dont think you have seen Estill co play this year you should check them out by the way heart can take you along way and i can tell you now this team has it all.

Actually I have, and if Freeman is able to start a game that will be the only game they will be close enough to win. Other than that Greenup should win.
Pages: 1 2