Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Starting fullback OUT-Prayers please!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell's senior starting fullback, Adam Bates was in a wreck yesterday and broke his tibia and fibula. He is currently in the hospital and prayers are encouraged. It lookslike he will miss the entire year as this procedure has an 8 month to t year recovery period. Pray for him and his family. This was his year to shine !!!!!!
We love you Adam and you are in our prayers.
Motorcycle wreck?
I iwsh him the best...sounds alot like Belfry's Nick Bowe two years ago. Bowe was going to be returning for his senior season at CB and competing for the starting QB position when he broke his leg in a 4-wheeler accident in the summer and missed the entire season. Luckily, Bowe returned for the Hatfield-McCoy Bowl Game to get one last game in.

Here's to hoping that rehab goes well and he can make it back by season's end.
Hate to hear this. Prayers from Powell County!! Hope that you get better!!
Visited with Adam this morning and he is road rashed from head to toe, both arms are wraped from shoulder to hands, including hands. right leg is broke BUT the good news is that it is not as bad as reported to me this morning. yes the bone came through the leg butjust barely. A rod will be placed to make it heal and with alot of hard work he could play in September. Now granted he will have to work hard, but after seeing his progress this past year on the off season I think he will be back..
Just continune to pray for him and his family.
He is a good kid. He may not be able to cook in cooking class but he can play some football i tell ya.
Thats awesome news to hear!! Best of luck to him while he tries to recover!!
Get well soon.
Prayer from kyb, i hope he can get back a playing football but the most important thing he is still with us.
Thanks everyone, please add Adam to your prayer lists at church. He needs to be remembered in them....
Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery. Good Luck!!
prayes from sheldon clark get well soon man...hate to see this happen to anyone ecspecially a senior...get well fast
Prayers and best wishes going out from Hazard Bulldogs country.
Prayers from the County.
UPDATE ON ADAM.
Adam should have surgery Saturday and shold be out and back to home either Sunday or Monday. The new info is that he COULD play as early as August, yea i know that sounds like a stretch, but the Doctor said that after surgery he should be able to put weight on it and start walking. Look for him to play August or early September.
His spirits are high and stable.... Still need prayers for him and his family.
Hang in there Adam !!!!
Every update sounds better i hope he recovers 100%.
Awesome news to hear!! I sure hope he gets to play!!
The team needs you Adam.
UPDATE !!!!!
Saw Adam this morning, he is still in the hospital but should be going home in the morning. He was up walking this morning with a walker but he has trouble right now due to bandages on his hands. His hands are healing but it limits him useing the crutches or walker. His leg is good and clean and now healing. Still has the road rash but they are healing also. His mood is alot brighter today and happier, he has a smile on his face this morning, well that was prior to the dressing changes. he is doing well and has support at home with his parents, and 9 brothers and sisters. i would say that he will be taken care of at home. he should be at the East/West Allstar game in 2 weeks at Raceland.
OH and he has all of his fingers and thumbs too. this is to dispell a rumor that his fingers and thumb was torn off. NOT TRUE GUYS.....
get well and work hard!!!!!!!
I'm glad to hear that the young man is doing well. It could have been a lot worse.
Our prayers are with Adam.
Prayers from the Panther family.
I'm glad he's ok now. Looks like he might make it back. Huge loss for Russell. Its not often you get to see the entire backfield return. I hope we still get to see it. Motorcycles are no toy, Ive lost plenty of friends to those death machines.
These kids need to quit messing with these "street bikes" another buddy of mine was killed a few days ago.