Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Off-Season 58th Dist. Predictions???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone think?

How will it breakdown in the Conf. (1-4)?

Who will be the top players?

Who will win the dist. tour. and who will be the runner-up?

Who's the favorite? Sleeper?

And what does each team need to do in the off-season to get better?
I think as of now, it could go
1. AC/BL
2. AC/BL
3. Pburg
4. SF

I think the coaching situation at AC will decide if they finish 1st or 2nd because no one knows how they'll respond to Mark. The top players will be Logan Crowder, Josh Prater, Josh Head, Nathan Martin, and Michael Burchett. I am going to pick AC winning the tourney, with BL runner up but that could go either way. Pburg could be a sleeper if they get a post presence and play as a team... AC needs to work on their guards because all 3 guards that got any playing time graduated (Crum,Hammonds,Cole). BL will just need to try and develop their players because they have a lot of young talent and i think they will be a better team than this past year. Pburg needs Burchett to step up and be the leader as the best player and take control on the floor, and they need to play more team basketball then they did this past season. SF just needs to practice and develop their players and play more under control because Wes Akers was the only true loss to this years team.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think as of now, it could go
1. AC/BL
2. AC/BL
3. Pburg
4. SF

I think the coaching situation at AC will decide if they finish 1st or 2nd because no one knows how they'll respond to Mark. The top players will be Logan Crowder, Josh Prater, Josh Head, Nathan Martin, and Michael Burchett. I am going to pick AC winning the tourney, with BL runner up but that could go either way. Pburg could be a sleeper if they get a post presence and play as a team... AC needs to work on their guards because all 3 guards that got any playing time graduated (Crum,Hammonds,Cole). BL will just need to try and develop their players because they have a lot of young talent and i think they will be a better team than this past year. Pburg needs Burchett to step up and be the leader as the best player and take control on the floor, and they need to play more team basketball then they did this past season. SF just needs to practice and develop their players and play more under control because Wes Akers was the only true loss to this years team.

Very nice post.
I agree and it should make for a very competitive season next year.
i know that South Floyd has been working on their own since like the end of the season.. lifting working on fundamentals, speed, agility...so i look for SF to be improved from last year.
All that is fine, but you have to play under control, which is something SF did not do at all last year. They need to work on that more than anything
Don't be surprised to see Prestonsburg back at the top. With Jack Pack coming back and coaching this team, he will have something to prove. I'd say next years team will look nothing like this past years team either. Many different players will be playing, and I'm sure many will quit due to his intense coaching style. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out with Pack at the wheel.
BCF4L Wrote:Don't be surprised to see Prestonsburg back at the top. With Jack Pack coming back and coaching this team, he will have something to prove. I'd say next years team will look nothing like this past years team either. Many different players will be playing, and I'm sure many will quit due to his intense coaching style. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out with Pack at the wheel.

I agree, there are alot of kids on this team that are willing to work there tails off to get playing time next season and most of them have alot of potential like Alex Stumbo, Tyler Hall, and Cameron Tincher, they just need someone to get the best out of them and play more controlled. Burchett and Tackett are going to have to be the leaders of next years team if they wanna even think about competing in region or for the district championship.

Jack has already told the boys that there going to be more conditioned than ever before and there going to press each and every team they play.
Conf. Breakdown
IMO, there is no favorite...NO one team is an overwhelming power.

AC- Logan Crowder, Josh Prater, Hunter Crowder
P-Burg- Jody Tackett, Michael Burchett
BL- Josh Head (The lone returning starter for the Bobcats)
SF- Dakota Hall ( He got All-Conf. for the Raiders last season)

Dist. Champ and Runner-up: It's a toss-up!

There is no favorite IMO, but since AC is the Defending Champs, they are the champs and team to beat until someone dethrones them. The Sleeper if i had to pick one would be SF, due to last season's down year and all the young talent they had that gained some much needed experience.

AC- Needs to develop at least a decent backcourt, because last seasons entire backcourt graduated.
P-Burg: Tackett and Burchett need someone else to step up and help.
BL- Right now they have a shallow backcourt, meaning they need to develop some guards, Maldonado is the only real PG they have, IMO they need another.
SF- They will be a better TEAM next year. But, like someone else said they need to play under control unlike last season. Fundamentals, Fundamentals, Fundamentals!, They do need to get alot stronger. They have lost the intensity and the swagger the Raiders had in past years.