Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: D-1 Signees in the Mountains '08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What mtn. players have signed this year to play basketball at the D-1 level?
Landon Slone walked on to Kentucky other than that I havent heard of no one else.
Clark Stepp signed with Austin Peay.
mjballer23 Wrote:Landon Slone walked on to Kentucky other than that I havent heard of no one else.
Well walk-on's really wasn't what I was asking about. That should have it's own thread. So is Stepp the only one?
Did stepp get a scholarship? or does anyone know?
Kayla Lowe, Pike Central
Who'd Kayla sign with????
murray state
Clark Stepp- Austin Peay
Landon Slone- UK (walk-on), But, will be on scholarship after next season I think.
BillSelf Wrote:Clark Stepp- Austin Peay
Landon Slone- UK (walk-on), But, will be on scholarship after next season I think.

I thought this was about D1 signee's. Slone is a walk on, period. And as far as getting a scolly next year I wouldn't count on it. BCG had better be getting some players that can contribute to the program or he will follow Tubby.
Stepp is a scholarship player, the only reason being is because the player they were giving there last scholarship to was arrested before signing. Stepp was initially going to walk-on at Austin Peay.
kyrifle Wrote:I thought this was about D1 signee's. Slone is a walk on, period. And as far as getting a scolly next year I wouldn't count on it. BCG had better be getting some players that can contribute to the program or he will follow Tubby.
Smile You're funny!
TheRealVille Wrote:Smile You're funny!

And what may I ask that you find funny in the post?
Slone did a great thing in walking on at Kentucky. But he did not sign a national letter of intent on scholarship. And i dont think he will next year either.
Id rather walk on at UK than take a scholly at Austin Peay anyday lmao
There wasn't alot of talent in the Senior class this season in the 15th besides the Paintsville Seniors and Alex Hammonds from AC, and really Slone was the only D-I player in the region who was capeable of getting a basketball scholarship although he walked on. Grimm and Hammond were actually undersized for the college level although both were very talented players, and VanHoose was actually better prior to this season. It takes a special player to play DI.
Re-bull 98 Wrote:There wasn't alot of talent in the Senior class this season in the 15th besides the Paintsville Seniors and Alex Hammonds from AC, and really Slone was the only D-I player in the region who was capeable of getting a basketball scholarship although he walked on. Grimm and Hammond were actually undersized for the college level although both were very talented players, and VanHoose was actually better prior to this season. It takes a special player to play DI.

Don't mean to slight you but Jacob Bryant from Valley was one of the top players in the region for the past few years.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Don't mean to slight you but Jacob Bryant from Valley was one of the top players in the region for the past few years.
I agree, but he had somewhat of a down season compared to his prior years. He's a good player though, Just capable of more than he did this season. Just an honest mistake though, he was one of the few standout seniors.
phsblackcats Wrote:Id rather walk on at UK than take a scholly at Austin Peay anyday lmao

Me 2. Landon Slone got 2 play in the state tourney his senior year, did Clark Stepp?
phsblackcats Wrote:Id rather walk on at UK than take a scholly at Austin Peay anyday lmao

Atleast go somewhere ur gonna get playing time, Stepp will get of the bench alot.. Unlike Landon who may never get playing time until his Junior or Senior year. I think Landon should have went to Morehead St. and played. they had a full scolorship waiting for him, and lots of playing time. But his dream was to go play college basketball at the University of Kentucky and I respect his decision.
M12 Wrote:Me 2. Landon Slone got 2 play in the state tourney his senior year, did Clark Stepp?

He did his Jr year, Did Slone?....Anyways its an honor to play at any D1 college, Congrats to both.