Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 10 East Carter 8(16th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final ,good job devils and great season east carter
Congrats to Russell that was a huge win. Will a Russell radio broadcast the championship game?
kybaseball Wrote:Congrats to Russell that was a huge win. Will a Russell radio broadcast the championship game?

yeah 105.7 has been doing greenup baseball for the region tourny and they do russell basketball/football I would guess if russell upset greenup/boyd they would still follow russell to powell county.
Thanks, great update info!!!!!!!!!
East was leading 6-1 and got down 10-6 going into the 6th... they score 2 in the bottom of the 6th but their rally was cut short by an absolutely horrible call at 3rd base by the home plate umpire( the ball was hit to the outfield and the home plate umpire had to make the call.... Unfortunately) This same umpire blew another call last night in the 7th that almost cost east the game. This is stupid, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SCHOOL, DONT TAKE IT OUT ON THE KIDS.
Impressive Wrote:East was leading 6-1 and got down 10-6 going into the 6th... they score 2 in the bottom of the 6th but their rally was cut short by an absolutely horrible call at 3rd base by the home plate umpire( the ball was hit to the outfield and the home plate umpire had to make the call.... Unfortunately) This same umpire blew another call last night in the 7th that almost cost east the game. This is stupid, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SCHOOL, DONT TAKE IT OUT ON THE KIDS.
East lost the game on errors no excuses you make errors and they're going to cost you I don't care what team you are. East had 2 costly errors that I know of. The umpire definitely didn't lose this one for east
One of the east carter pitchers didn't help either as he helped juice the bases by walking 2 or 3 straight.
was u there? no .. u was at home updating the game on here.. its pathetic.. every year east carter gets the short end of the deal on calls..
yeah we made errors but that didnt lose this ball game.... The umpire missed the call.. everybody in the stadium knew he missed it.. the next pitch was a single by seagraves.. should have been 10-9 at that point with 1 out and runner on first.. who knows what could have happened... TERRIBLE CALLS ruin great ball games..
Hey buddy just think tomorrow nights game will only last 5 innings Wink
Impressive Wrote:Hey buddy just think tomorrow nights game will only last 5 innings Wink
maybe, but football season is just right around the cornerSmile
haha .. good thing i could care less about football..
Russell 14-16..... I might take Greenup/Boyd by 14 or 16 in the championship
we'll at least be walking away with a trophy be it the championship or runner up unlike east carter:thatsfunn
Impressive Wrote:was u there? no .. u was at home updating the game on here.. its pathetic.. every year east carter gets the short end of the deal on calls..
yeah we made errors but that didnt lose this ball game.... The umpire missed the call.. everybody in the stadium knew he missed it.. the next pitch was a single by seagraves.. should have been 10-9 at that point with 1 out and runner on first.. who knows what could have happened... TERRIBLE CALLS ruin great ball games..
I haven't been to many "great games" where the score was 10-8, via errors and walks. So, yes, they may ruin great games but this one doesn't fall under that category. Just take the loss with class, and man-up, and congratulate Russell. And just to clarify, it would be "WERE you there?" Wink
Impressive Wrote:haha .. good thing i could care less about football..
Russell 14-16..... I might take Greenup/Boyd by 14 or 16 in the championship
I think it's funny, that you keep trying to point out how bad a team you just lost to is. Maybe if you say they were a good team, it wouldn't make the loss look so bad.
Impressive Wrote:East was leading 6-1 and got down 10-6 going into the 6th... they score 2 in the bottom of the 6th but their rally was cut short by an absolutely horrible call at 3rd base by the home plate umpire( the ball was hit to the outfield and the home plate umpire had to make the call.... Unfortunately) This same umpire blew another call last night in the 7th that almost cost east the game. This is stupid, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SCHOOL, DONT TAKE IT OUT ON THE KIDS.

Wow, its always the umps isn't it? Could it be that East Carter just got outplayed? Well, ofcourse not...haha. Its over (East Carter's Season) so why sit and make excuses you might as well just say good game Russell..But if you can't do that then your a sore loser.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:maybe, but football season is just right around the cornerSmile

Yes, and by the time football season comes around East Carter will be wishing about the 2nd Quarter that they could only play five innings when they look up at the score board and its Devils by 30.
I wish everyone from Russell would give the football comparison a rest. We all know you all are good at football, I don't think that is a surprise, but it is baseball season. Every time you all get beat or something is said in the least negative way all you hear from you side instead of a logical discussion you get this, "Oh yea well wait til football season." How bout you got to that forum and just start a thread entitled that, "Oh yea, Wait til Football Season."
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I wish everyone from Russell would give the football comparison a rest. We all know you all are good at football, I don't think that is a surprise, but it is baseball season. Every time you all get beat or something is said in the least negative way all you hear from you side instead of a logical discussion you get this, "Oh yea well wait til football season." How bout you got to that forum and just start a thread entitled that, "Oh yea, Wait til Football Season."
If you haven't noticed yet I never said anyhing until impressive came in here trying to make excuses for east carter and taking shots at Russell so move on and let this thread go.
Congrats Russell!! Good luck against Greenup, I for one will be rooting for you!
dawgmom Wrote:Congrats Russell!! Good luck against Greenup, I for one will be rooting for you!
Thanks dawgmom, I know Greenup has a great all around team and they hit,field,pitch great,and they don't make many mistakes at all.
It it will take the best game Russell has played all year for the Russell boys to win but no matter who wins i'll pull for the 16th
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If you haven't noticed yet I never said anyhing until impressive came in here trying to make excuses for east carter and taking shots at Russell so move on and let this thread go.

Why are you telling me to move on when your the one bringing up football again on a baseball forum? If anybody is off subject it's you not me. Russell overcome a rough season to make it to the regional finals they should be proud. Some fans have to have excuses that is why they call them fans. Nobody likes to lose, and if they feel like they were shafted by umpires then it's their right to say it. I just don't understand why the only comeback anybody from Russell can come up with is Wait til Football. I just wish you and some others would give it a rest. Russell should be extremely proud of what they accomplished. They live in footballs shadow as it is in that town, and then when they do succeed in baseball you still have people bringing up football on here instead of congratulating them on the big win.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I wish everyone from Russell would give the football comparison a rest. We all know you all are good at football, I don't think that is a surprise, but it is baseball season. Every time you all get beat or something is said in the least negative way all you hear from you side instead of a logical discussion you get this, "Oh yea well wait til football season." How bout you got to that forum and just start a thread entitled that, "Oh yea, Wait til Football Season."

Very good point. They are two entirely seperate sports in two entirely seperate seasons.

There is no way to compare the two. Kind of reminds me of the old my dad can beat up your dad saying.

How about we keep this thread on topic which is baseball.

GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If you haven't noticed yet I never said anyhing until impressive came in here trying to make excuses for east carter and taking shots at Russell so move on and let this thread go.

I don't think he was making that statement towards you. It is just getting a bit childish that people keep bringing up the football team when one has nothing to do with another.

With the way Russell's Wood has been lately, who needs to bring up football?

East is playing "Coulda Woulda Shouda".

Meanwhile Russell is getting ready for Greenup Co.

See ya'll in the fall Raider Fans!
Midee1 Wrote:Very good point. They are two entirely seperate sports in two entirely seperate seasons.

There is no way to compare the two. Kind of reminds me of the old my dad can beat up your dad saying.

How about we keep this thread on topic which is baseball.

I don't think he was making that statement towards you. It is just getting a bit childish that people keep bringing up the football team when one has nothing to do with another.
I was just simply makiing the point that east doesn't really have anything on Russell we usually get the best of them in most sports. I'm not sure why impressive decided he wanted to take shots at russell instead of coming in and giving credit for the 10-8 win.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I was just simply makiing the point that east doesn't really have anything on Russell we usually get the best of them in most sports. I'm not sure why impressive decided he wanted to take shots at russell instead of coming in and giving credit.

I do realize that Russell does pretty well in most sports. The issue that was brought up was the fact football was brought into a baseball discussion.

We need to keep the discussion to the sport at hand and not what may happen in the future.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I was just simply makiing the point that east doesn't really have anything on Russell we usually get the best of them in most sports. I'm not sure why impressive decided he wanted to take shots at russell instead of coming in and giving credit.
Because they don't like loosing to Russell.

Russell smashes them West, Lewis and nearly everyone else in Football.

Baseball is supposed to be where East can claim superiority and the Red Devils just took that away also. Sour grapes I guess.

If they can't beat US on the field they figure they can at least bash us on BGR.

It's kinda sad really.
DevilsWin Wrote:Because they don't like loosing to Russell.

Russell smashes them West, Lewis and nearly everyone else in Football.

Why crack on Lewis?

They didn't say anything. :p
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why are you telling me to move on when your the one bringing up football again on a baseball forum? If anybody is off subject it's you not me. Russell overcome a rough season to make it to the regional finals they should be proud. Some fans have to have excuses that is why they call them fans. Nobody likes to lose, and if they feel like they were shafted by umpires then it's their right to say it. I just don't understand why the only comeback anybody from Russell can come up with is Wait til Football. I just wish you and some others would give it a rest. Russell should be extremely proud of what they accomplished. They live in footballs shadow as it is in that town, and then when they do succeed in baseball you still have people bringing up football on here instead of congratulating them on the big win.

congrats baseball...If you don't like it that we bring up football then don't read it..Why is it that big of a deal? If your tired of reading it then don't read it. Close your eyes and read it..Try that one.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why are you telling me to move on when your the one bringing up football again on a baseball forum? If anybody is off subject it's you not me. Russell overcome a rough season to make it to the regional finals they should be proud. Some fans have to have excuses that is why they call them fans. Nobody likes to lose, and if they feel like they were shafted by umpires then it's their right to say it. I just don't understand why the only comeback anybody from Russell can come up with is Wait til Football. I just wish you and some others would give it a rest. Russell should be extremely proud of what they accomplished. They live in footballs shadow as it is in that town, and then when they do succeed in baseball you still have people bringing up football on here instead of congratulating them on the big win.

agreed. if we went to the board and asked for something and said it was for football they would say ok no matter what it was. thats why the football team can practice in left field and no one cares and thats why their getting a brand spankin new surface while we have bare spots in the outfield. its malarchey
RedDevil_TE Wrote:congrats baseball...If you don't like it that we bring up football then don't read it..Why is it that big of a deal? If your tired of reading it then don't read it. Close your eyes and read it..Try that one.

Let me see if I can clarify the issue at hand.

Bringing up football in a baseball thread is posting off topic.

Here is rule #3

3.You agree not to post off-topic. We require that you keep your comments consistent with the subject of the thread. Deliberate disruption such as frivolous commentary will not be tolerated. Your post will be removed and you will receive a warning from a staff member. Your second warning will result in your account being suspended.

Here is a link to all the rules in case anyone needs further clarification.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...page=rules
Pages: 1 2