Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What is your favorite quote or motto?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have all kinds of favorites but my favorite personally that applies to life is "When the goin' gets tough, the tough gets goin'."

What is your favorite?
I have a couple.

"Baseball is what we were, football is what we have become."

"If you can back it up, then it isn't bragging." - Muhammad Ali
One of my favorite sports quotes is one from Vince Lombardi; "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary."

One of my all-time favorite quotes, however, is, "Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -John Wooden
StrikeoutKing Wrote:One of my favorite sports quotes is one from Vince Lombardi; "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary."

One of my all-time favorite quotes, however, is, "Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -John Wooden

Yeah I love the John Wooden quote.

I have a motto just like the wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin: DTA- Don't Trust Anybody

Favorite Quote is: Don't Deny Yourself Of Something Great
"If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it." Ronnie Lott

"Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement." Mark Twain
Mine is, "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Mine is, "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

HA... Ha.... LOVE it DW5!!!
Mine is on my signature BUT...Here it is again anyway.. LOL....

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
Here is one more that I like rather well........

Nothing is real to you until you experience it; otherwise it's just hearsay.
“I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward”-Tupac

“we wouldn't ask why a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals, in turn, we would all celebrate its tenacity, we would all love its will to reach the sun, well, we are the roses, this is the concrete and these are my damaged petals, dont ask me why, thank god, and ask me how” -Tupac
One of my favorites is the Kentucky State motto " United we stand, divided we fall"
"I aint never been nothin but a winner"- Paul "Bear" Bryant.
"Cheat to win"- Eddie Guerrero.
"To be the man...youve got to BEAT the man"- Ric Flair.
"The whoopin you gonna git.....gonna be shaaaaameful"- Dusty Rhodes.
"Sandy Koufax could throw a baseball through a g***amn carwash without getting the ball wet"- Pete Rose.
"Thatll cool your *** off"- Jack Lambert.
"**** right we're good. You seen those big trophies in our case?"- Jack Lambert.
“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

Michael Jordan
to deny impulses is to deny what makes us human
To live......... is to suffer........ to survive........ well...... that's to find meaning in the suffering
DMX

I never go commando in another man's fatigues
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

-Wayne Gretzky
the only thing I fear is to not be worthy of my own suffering
-based off a quote in Man's Search For Meaning
"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time." - Vince Lombardi

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. -Vince Lombardi
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."

I'm pretty sure Sean Taylor said it.
"I can do all things through christ which strengthens me"
I HATE LOSING more than I LOVE WINNING!!!!

"I would run through **** in a gasoline suit to play baseball". Pete Rose
"You'll never regret saving money"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Timo Cruz
You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool FC's club motto which it getting ready to be tattooed on my back
"I have run my race, I have stayed the course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth, there is a crown laid up for me in Heaven."-Apostle Paul

"If a person never make any mistakes, it doesnt mean that theyre perfect. It just means they dont ever try to do anything"-My Dad

"If these drivers dont want to go fast they need to climb out of the car, tie a kerosene rag around their ankles so the ants wont climb up and eat their candy butts"-Dale Earnhardt

"Dont ever stand upon the shore line and say youre satisfied. Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tide"-Garth Brooks from the song "The River"

"If you dont approach youre job with fire and enthusiasm. You will be fired with enthusiasm"-Vince Lombardi

"Football isnt a popularity contest. I dont care if anyone on the other team likes me or not but they WILL respect me"-Jack Lambert

" Those who work the hardest are always the last to surrender"-Billy Gillespie