Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How do I trap a bird?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, some way, some how, I have managed to get a bird stuck in one of my cabinets.

I have no idea how it got there, but I woke up this morning and heard what sounded like a mouse or something. Upon opening the door to the cabinet, I find myself staring face-to-face with a blackbird.

Apparently, whatever it did to get there, it's not doing to get back out, so I now need some way to get this thing out of the house. Madison Co. does not appear to have an animal control service and I don't have any bird traps just lying around the house.

Any suggestions?
Open the door and throw a towel over it. Carry it outside and release.
Well it's out now. I went and got the dog's travel crate and thought I would be able to put it in front of the cabinet door and catch in there to take outside to release. It took me about 10 minutes to go get the crate and when I came back, the bird had found it's way outside of the cabinet. Luckily, it was being cornered by the cats. When it saw me, it went nuts and started to fly around, so I went and opened the door and not 5 seconds later it flew out the door.

The crate trap didn't work, but it's gone.
Well I have always heard that if you got a bird in the house it was bad luck. So I hope I am wrong.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I have always heard that if you got a bird in the house it was bad luck. So I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, let's hope not. The cats are still on their guard; they won't leave the kitchen.

There is a nest on the roof about 2 stories up from my apartment, might have to invest in a BB gun if they don't do something to get rid of them.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, let's hope not. The cats are still on their guard; they won't leave the kitchen.

There is a nest on the roof about 2 stories up from my apartment, might have to invest in a BB gun if they don't do something to get rid of them.

Well my thing would be how on earth did it get in there to start with. I bet it got in the walls some how,
Batpuff Wrote:Well my thing would be how on earth did it get in there to start with. I bet it got in the walls some how,

That's what I'm thinking, because there's only one door into the place and it didn't come through that.

It's had to have found some way in through the roof and wandered through the walls.
Dude, be careful. A blackbird in the house is a bad sign. Not to scare ya or anything. lol