Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nathan Martin - State Tennis Tourney 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nathan Martin (Lawrence Co.) knocks off Tyler Olinger (Hazard) 6-0 6-0 in the first round of the boys singles State Tennis Tourney! Great job Nathan! I still say there isn't a kid in the 13th, 14th, 15th or 16th Region that can touch this kid!

Nathan also won his second round match to advance. Good luck Nathan! You are representing the 15th Region well!!:Thumbs:
Congrats Nathan!! I believe if he wins this morning that will assure him a spot on the all state team. That would be great. Also congrats to Morgan County girs doubles team of May and Mckenzie for winning a match at state. Fyffecaudill and Marcum of Johnson Central also won a match at state defeating a team from Russell 7-5 6-2. Congrats to all the 15th region participants that had the opportunity to compete in the state tournament.
Yes, we should congratulate May and McKenzie (Morgan Co.'s girls doubles team) on their first round win at state and Fyffecaudill and Marcum (Johnson Central's boys doubles team) on their first round win as well. Also, Zach Hughes of Paintsville played a really good first round match against a top ranked player and held his own before losing in the first round.

Congrats to all 15th Region participants! Unfortunately all have now been eliminated from play. Good job guys and gals and it is nice to see some first round wins this year.
The 15th region gained respect at the tournament. The results don't always represent the effort or how close a match was!!!! This years tournament was/is deep in talent.

Although Zach didn't win he did play well against a tough opponent (top 20 in South).

Nathan's 3rd round match was great. He again showed how tough he is, after wining the first set 7-5 against the number 18 player in the South. He started cramping in the 2nd set and required medical attention from the trainer. I don't think he fully recovered from the cramps and lost the next 2 sets.

The fan support at Nathan's match was great, especially from the 15th region. They kept him in the match as he fought through the cramps!!!!
I think that Nathan could have won that match if not for the cramps. Those can take you out of a match really quick! You have to give props to Nathan for his performance. Next year should be even better.

As for Zach, great finish. Another tough draw, but not quiet as bad as your draw last year. Good effort against a top opponent. You almost had the first set.

I think that the 15th is picking up respect and the best part is that we return all of our top ranked players for another season. This should only help us next year to gain (hopefully) even more respect.
Also, Sheka (?) Sachdeva from Pikeville won her first round match against Morgan Co's Danielle Clark, 6-0, 6-0. Unfortunately, the Jeelani/Houston lost their first round match to a seeded team from Paducah.
panther tennis Wrote:Also, Sheka (?) Sachdeva from Pikeville won her first round match against Morgan Co's Danielle Clark, 6-0, 6-0. Unfortunately, the Jeelani/Houston lost their first round match to a seeded team from Paducah.

That's true, but it sort of seems anti-climatic when you beat another team at state from you own region. Still a win is a win though.