Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Facts About Dinsosaurs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a fact or it may not be a fact, but how can any scientists or anyone have enough information about dinosaurs to judge if a t-rex's vision is based off of movement? Alls they have are bones, so how could they deduct those facts based off of bones? (I'm not just basing that off Jurasic Park, although I can't find a straight answer either way.)

There's an unending number of facts just like that one that would be impossible to conclude on based off of bones alone.

Anyone know how they justify saying things like that?
Yea, you cant tell alot from just bones.
I would guess that was just creative license in the movies.

Kind of like the raptors. In real life, the velociraptors were nowhere near as big as they were in the movies.
BFritz Wrote:This may be a fact or it may not be a fact, but how can any scientists or anyone have enough information about dinosaurs to judge if a t-rex's vision is based off of movement? Alls they have are bones, so how could they deduct those facts based off of bones? (I'm not just basing that off Jurasic Park, although I can't find a straight answer either way.)

There's an unending number of facts just like that one that would be impossible to conclude on based off of bones alone.

Anyone know how they justify saying things like that?

They have found more than just bones.

LOL Some Pre-historic mammals have been found fossilized as well as mummified.
DevilsWin Wrote:They have found more than just bones.

LOL Some Pre-historic mammals have been found fossilized as well as mummified.
What have they found to make some of the claims as detailed as they have?

Some of the claims they've made seem like they wouldn't have been able to be made without seeing them in action.