Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 25, Sheldon Clark 0 (Final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow!
this has to be a typo.. this score is rediculous.
Money Maker Wrote:this has to be a typo.. this score is rediculous.

No typo and LC even let everyone bat. Shep had a no hitter into the bottom of the 5th with 2 outs when a SC got a little hit over 2nd.

Jeff Cyrus hits a Grand Slam and Tim Hayes hits a 3 run shot just some of the high lights.

I think in the fourth inning LC bats around I think 3 times in the inning. or close to 3 times I know we was at the plate in that inning for close to 40 mins.
Batpuff Wrote:No typo and LC even let everyone bat. Shep had a no hitter into the bottom of the 5th with 2 outs when a SC got a little hit over 2nd.

Jeff Cyrus hits a Grand Slam and Tim Hayes hits a 3 run shot just some of the high lights.

I think in the fourth inning LC bats around I think 3 times in the inning. or close to 3 times I know we was at the plate in that inning for close to 40 mins.

This is the most lop-sided score I have seen in awhile. If I was the LC coach, I wouldn't have pitched my ACE in this one, I would have let Chan rest his arm. I think that was Cyrus first HR of the season, but Hayes has hit a few this year. Both are good hitters tho. Good all-around game for the dawgs, Congrats on the win!!:redboxer:
Batpuff Wrote:No typo and LC even let everyone bat. Shep had a no hitter into the bottom of the 5th with 2 outs when a SC got a little hit over 2nd.

wow thats a kill
My gosh..Can you say STATEMENT GAME!!
Money Maker Wrote:This is the most lop-sided score I have seen in awhile. If I was the LC coach, I wouldn't have pitched my ACE in this one, I would have let Chan rest his arm. I think that was Cyrus first HR of the season, but Hayes has hit a few this year. Both are good hitters tho. Good all-around game for the dawgs, Congrats on the win!!:redboxer:

Anderson County 58 Vs. Eminence 0

That was the most lop-sided I have ever seen.
Wow!!!!! What else can you say? Congrats Dawgs!
who pitched for sc
RustyShackleford Wrote:who pitched for sc

Its more like who didnt pitch for them. But I think it was 14 that started.
Money Maker Wrote:This is the most lop-sided score I have seen in awhile. If I was the LC coach, I wouldn't have pitched my ACE in this one, I would have let Chan rest his arm. I think that was Cyrus first HR of the season, but Hayes has hit a few this year. Both are good hitters tho. Good all-around game for the dawgs, Congrats on the win!!:redboxer:

Well LC has 4 solid pitcher who would be most ACES on most teams. So I think they did the right thing.

Looked to me like it was pretty solid hit up the middle.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Looked to me like it was pretty solid hit up the middle.
As if it matters if it was a little or solid hit it was a hit gee he still only allowed 2 base runners all night and then he picked the one off so I would say it wasnt that bad of an outing for him.
HAHA wait til football LC showed no class and i hope the football team beats them by 50 TD's
How did LC show no class? Was Randy Keeton supposed to go up there and take swings? Maybe they should have let Bulldog Vanhoose get up there on that tower of a mound to throw a few screwballs to SC hitters...
Some of you people just should not be allowed near a computer keyboard without adult supervision.
DreamCatcher Wrote:HAHA wait til football LC showed no class and i hope the football team beats them by 50 TD's

No class what you want them to do then Please explain. He let every kid on the bench bat. What you going to do tell the kids not to go up there and hit. I doubt that. So since you seem to know so much then please inform all of us. Oh and here is a little bit of info for you since you seem to know so much. The umpire was telling the LC hitters that he was calling anything SC threw a strike just to help the SC pitchers out and because there couldnt even get it close enough to call a strike!!!!
There really wasn't anything LC could've done in that situation....they hit the ball but SC wasn't making the routine plays that should've got them out of the inning a lot earlier. I liked how they did hold runners to one base after a hit towards the end of the inning...maybe could've done that a little earlier, congrats to the Dawgs and best of luck throughout the tournament.
Batpuff Wrote:No class what you want them to do then Please explain. He let every kid on the bench bat. What you going to do tell the kids not to go up there and hit. I doubt that. So since you seem to know so much then please inform all of us. Oh and here is a little bit of info for you since you seem to know so much. The umpire was telling the LC hitters that he was calling anything SC threw a strike just to help the SC pitchers out and because there couldnt even get it close enough to call a strike!!!!

you are correct ..and not only that from where I was sitting I believe the last two lc hitters were taking every pitch I was beginning to wonder if sc could even get out of the 4th so lc sent hitters to the plate that were not on the roster having any at bats this season.....this game sc was simply out classed
Batpuff Wrote:As if it matters if it was a little or solid hit it was a hit gee he still only allowed 2 base runners all night and then he picked the one off so I would say it wasnt that bad of an outing for him.
Your right it was a very good outing for Shepard and LC looked like the "Big Red Machine " tonight. You just made it sound like a blooper or something. I was just giving the SC batter a little credit on a solid hit.
DreamCatcher Wrote:HAHA wait til football LC showed no class and i hope the football team beats them by 50 TD's

SC showed alot of class when the final out of the game (a senior) threw his bat down to 1st base, then turnd around, threw his helmet in the direction of the ump while telling him to go f*** himself.
Congrats Lawrence
This was a strong win for the Dawgs!! Coach did try to slow things down and allowed all in his dugout to bat, etc.

Keep your heads up SC-
EVERY school has years that they are young and or rebuilding and it is harder on the players than we as fans take into account. Error after error causes tremendous mental stress and then disaster sets in-I believe they just gave up.

Best of luck to SC players and coaches.
Saw this game! Very exciting! Way to go!
If SC could beat us by 50 tds they would. Baseball, being invented by GOD, is a sport which does not allow the participants to run the clock out. Everyone gets the same number of outs.
lawrencefan Wrote:If SC could beat us by 50 tds they would. Baseball, being invented by GOD, is a sport which does not allow the participants to run the clock out. Everyone gets the same number of outs.

This has nothing to do with baseball but Hager nor Matney has eever ran the score up on Lawrence Co. in football and there were several recent years he (Hager) could have. Can Lawrence say that about SC? The years Chuke was there and the score would be 50 or 60 points lopsided. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Lawrence was just a hands down better team. SC is young and will be better in the future. SC dosn't lose anyone of quality and will be better IMO without some of the senior attitudes next year.
Shawn Hager is too classy to run the score up on anyone.

Jim Matney, well, he never had enough of an advantage over LC while he was at SC to run up the score.

Not only that, but I don't think I can remember a game where LC has run up the score on SC in football. I remember a 44-0 win a few years ago, but LC's JV was in early and Billy Goldsmith was coaching -- Hager's first season I think.

Anyway, LC did not run up the score last night. They could have and even though the final looks bad, they didn't and anyone who was there knows it.

Not to be a prick or anything but this is baseball thread so let's talk baseball big man.Wink I was told earlier today that SC coach was asking one of coaches to bunt the ball every time. Any one know if there is are any truth behind this??