Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SWEET 16 announcement..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the 2008 Paintsville High School Sports Banquet, they had a special announcement. The Sweet Sixteen, 15th POV went to ..........SHANE GRIMM!!!!!! He had a great 2 solid games at the Rupp. Congrats to Shane. What an honor.:notworthy
BlueBells Wrote:At the 2008 Paintsville High School Sports Banquet, they had a special announcement. The Sweet Sixteen, 15th POV went to ..........SHANE GRIMM!!!!!! He had a great 2 solid games at the Rupp. Congrats to Shane. What an honor.:notworthy

That's great; he deserved it. But, didn't we already know this - like after the championship game of the Regional Tournament. I don't think was a new award. I was thinking MVP of the 15th Regional Tournament. What is 15th POV?
BlueBells Wrote:At the 2008 Paintsville High School Sports Banquet, they had a special announcement. The Sweet Sixteen, 15th POV went to ..........SHANE GRIMM!!!!!! He had a great 2 solid games at the Rupp. Congrats to Shane. What an honor.:notworthy
Never heard of a POV.
I have never heard of a POV.
For federal employees a POV is a personal vehicle.
My guess is that it was POY (Player of the Year)..could be wrong...

If so this award came at the end of the regional tournament...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:My guess is that it was POY (Player of the Year)..could be wrong...

If so this award came at the end of the regional tournament...

I guess that is what it means. Makes sense.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I guess that is what it means. Makes sense.

Ok; I'm confused. I thought that Grimmy was 15th Region Tournament MVP and Landon Slone was 15th Region Player of the Year (had nothing to do with the regional tournament).

If I'm right, what Grimmy was recognized for at the banquet was being MVP of the Regional tournament; someone from the insurance company who sponsors it presents a plaque to the winner at their banquet. They did the same thing with the girls 15th region MVP.

If that's not it, I don't know what the heck it was for.