Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Man dies after playing 50 hours of video games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/08...index.html

Quote:SEOUL, South Korea (Reuters) -- A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

And to think, he was only 28 too. I get exhausted after a few hours let alone 50!
That is crazy. It's sad because of the dedication that some people put into things such as games but I could honestly say that I know a few people that this could possibly happen to. Sad story.
WoW and who said video games don't hurt anything! 50 hours that is madness. I wander what game it was?
Thats sad
that guy was crazy... Cap_PDT_0:
Thats crazy.. I didnt realize you could get exhausted playing video games. I mean I get pissed playing Madden.. Damn must of really been a stressful game he was playing. Because 50 hours isnt that long to stay up. Least I didnt think it was.
hmm.. i'm not really sure what to say about this. he must have been extremele sexually frustrated.
if he played video games for 50 hours i would say nothing sexual had ever crossed his mind lol Sad
he was an idiot
50 hours but he has sleep and bathroom breaks, I can't see why he passed away.

Stress and heart related issues are the only thing that I can think of..
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:if he played video games for 50 hours i would say nothing sexual had ever crossed his mind lol Sad

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But if he was having some sex, then why would he waste 50 straight hours on a video game.. He had to be frustrated... Cause surely there was at least one or two girls to walk in and remind him that he needed to unload his gun.
That's a wierd way to go. The longest I've ever spent on a game was 7 hours and that was just a couple of days ago. MADDEN 06!!!!!
My thumb starts to cramp after only 30 minutes or so. He must have lifted weights with his fingers to get them in shape.
bballcrazee Wrote:My thumb starts to cramp after only 30 minutes or so. He must have lifted weights with his fingers to get them in shape.

Big Grin
Video gamers don't lift weights, but they do have alot of exercise with their hands.

thetribe Wrote:I could honestly say that I know a few people that this could possibly happen to

Me, for one. I don't think I would die but I've stayed up for 45-50 hours before just playing games in the summer sometimes. Back when I lived in corbin and adelphia had cable internet, I had my PS2 hooked up online and played socom navy seals, and I played halo 1 on xbox connect.