Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 4 Russell 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final on Senior Day. Corey Adams drives in the game winning run. Austin Lyons goes the distance.
Who pitched for Russell?
wow that is a shocker figured it would be much worse
Bosox Fan Wrote:wow that is a shocker figured it would be much worse

Yea I thought this one and the LC game would've been a mercy rule, but you never I guess. That's why you play the game. Pretty good showing by Russell against a pretty good pitcher.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea I thought this one and the LC game would've been a mercy rule, but you never I guess. That's why you play the game. Pretty good showing by Russell against a pretty good pitcher.

It has to give them some confidence going into a game against a (as i have been told) VERY good Lewis County team..... despite my arguing against Lewis fans I think they will win
Bosox Fan Wrote:It has to give them some confidence going into a game against a (as i have been told) VERY good Lewis County team..... despite my arguing against Lewis fans I think they will win

I really think that playing two really good programs that close to the district tournament and playing them really well will go a long way in how they play in the district. I look for Russell to take the first game against Lewis County, and then Greenup will have an easy game against Russell, but they'll have an easy game with whomever wins that game. There have been some crazy things happen in that district over the years, and I wonder if there could be a possible upset this year?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I really think that playing two really good programs that close to the district tournament and playing them really well will go a long way in how they play in the district. I look for Russell to take the first game against Lewis County, and then Greenup will have an easy game against Russell, but they'll have an easy game with whomever wins that game. There have been some crazy things happen in that district over the years, and I wonder if there could be a possible upset this year?

I hope not but it scares me with Greenup playing raceland at raceland
Nice job A. Lyons!
Very happy to see this one come out well for Paintsville.
It was 3-0 for how long (Paintsville)?
Glad to see the Tiger's lower end of the order come on... and when they put Butcher on to pitch to Adams... we were happy to see Corey knock that ball scoring the winning run!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Nice job A. Lyons!
Very happy to see this one come out well for Paintsville.
It was 3-0 for how long (Paintsville)?
Glad to see the Tiger's lower end of the order come on... and when they put Butcher on to pitch to Adams... we were happy to see Corey knock that ball scoring the winning run!

Sooo how did Russell score their runs, and who pitched for Russell. Anybody at all have any details?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Sooo how did Russell score their runs, and who pitched for Russell. Anybody at all have any details?
In the 4th or 5th inning, a Russell player walked, and was later drove in. And 2 more hits followed. They had 3 hits in that inning, and that was all for the game. And all 3 runs came in that inning.
Pupaw Wrote:In the 4th or 5th inning, a Russell player walked, and was later drove in. And 2 more hits followed. They had 3 hits in that inning, and that was all for the game. And all 3 runs came in that inning.

Ok, so did Lyons pitch the whole game?
Yes. Complete game for Lyons.
Congrats to Lyons on the win, and to the Tigers for their bat movement. Good type of game to win right before district.
Congrats Paintsville
Congrats Austin on the win and to Corey on the game winning hit.

I was surprised that the Tigers couldn't get anymore out of their bats than they did. Some lesser teams have put up bigger numbers against Russell than that this year. And I can't figure out why in the world that Russell would put Butcher on to pitch to Adams? That was a very bad decision, but it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Good luck Tigers!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats Austin on the win and to Corey on the game winning hit.

I was surprised that the Tigers couldn't get anymore out of their bats than they did. Some lesser teams have put up bigger numbers against Russell than that this year. And I can't figure out why in the world that Russell would put Butcher on to pitch to Adams? That was a very bad decision, but it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Good luck Tigers!

Yea really! Talk about a scouting report gone completely, 100%, undeniably, dead wrong! haha! Adams is one of the best hitters in the 15th. I was not at the game, but if they had less than two outs with two on, then maybe they went for the force out at any base? That is the only thing I can come up with.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea really! Talk about a scouting report gone completely, 100%, undeniably, dead wrong! haha! Adams is one of the best hitters in the 15th. I was not at the game, but if they had less than two outs with two on, then maybe they went for the force out at any base? That is the only thing I can come up with.

Cyrus led off the 7th with a single, Vialpando followed with a single and Cyrus went to third. No outs, runners on 1st and third. Iguess they thought their only chance wa a K or force at the plate with bases loaded then maybe a double play or something. the backl to back singles in the seventh really left them with few options staring at the top of the order.
The Guru Wrote:Cyrus led off the 7th with a single, Vialpando followed with a single and Cyrus went to third. No outs, runners on 1st and third. Iguess they thought their only chance wa a K or force at the plate with bases loaded then maybe a double play or something. the backl to back singles in the seventh really left them with few options staring at the top of the order.

I figured it had to be something like that.....
Russell is not a terrible team. They are young and thin on pitching. They are capable of beating some good teams.
FBALL Wrote:Russell is not a terrible team. They are young and thin on pitching. They are capable of beating some good teams.

Not this year!! At least not unless the other good teams aren't throwing their best pitchers at them. But I'm sure they will be better in upcoming seasons. As far as that goes, not even Paintsville is playing the great right now. And that has now cost them the district and a trip to the region.