Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Team To Beat 2008-09 - 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm always a big fan of 13th Region basketball. What team does everyone expect to have the best season??? If you list more than one, start with the team you think will have the BEST season.:1:
Well im not gonna start with the team I think will win I will just start with the ones I know a little bit about.

Knox Central - Had a prety solid year last year making it to the final four of the region. They lost 3 starters but are returning lots of experience. The panthers will have another good shot at the region with probably the best player in the region in Cody Miller along with Chad Messer, Josh Brown, and Seth Bingham.

Pineville - Pineville had a very solid year last year in the regular season in winning the all a 13th region. The mountain lions lost some good players but are returning quit possibly the best point guard in the region in JD Strange. This will allow them to contend.. If they get out of the first round of distrct.

Lynn Camp - Last years cinderella the Lynn Camp Wildcats knocked off the Pineville Mountain Lions and the Bell County Bobcats. They are returning some good players and could make andother run.

Clay County - The Tigers were champions of the 49th district and lost in the 1st round of region last season. Clay was very young last year and return lots of youth with experience that could help them to make a rune at the title.

North Laurel - North Laurel was a solid team last year who did not make the region tournament. I am not sure but if the Jaguars have Siedel returning then they to will have a shot.

Corbin - Corbin was runner up of the 50th district and region last season. The redhounds return lots of experince and talent in Josh Crawford, Madison Johnson, and Isac Wilson. Corbin will have a good chance at winning it.

South Laurel - No team has won the region besides these guys since they came into this region. I am also sure no one expected them to do it last year either. With Matt St. John, and Matt Watkins returning along with more experience South will again compete for a shot at the region.

Bell County - The Bobcats beat a very good team in Cumberland to win the 52nd district last year. But Bell also lost to the Cinderella Lynn Camp in the region. With Zachery returning along with others Bell could contend for the region.

New Harlan - Im prety sure this school will be open next season. Not really sure what the will have though. They will be like most schools and will loose transfers to Harlan. But from the talk ive herd about them im sure they will be a good team and may compete for the region in there 1st year.

These are just a few of the schools in the region that I know a little bit about. The 13th will be just like it was last year as it will be this year... WIDE OPEN!!!
North Laurel... has Seidel Returning to north Laurel... But north has no one else... they have lost there size... the only decent player they got inside is Adrian Wardrup a Sophmore...But my pick is South Laurel.. everyone doubted them last year and look what happened... they still have matt st.jon and everyone besides Jordan, and Billy Jones that were decent... so SOUTH LAUREL ALL THE WAY!
Clay County