Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Tennis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the results for boys and girls team titles, boys and girls singles winners, and boys and girls doubles winners?
well I dont know any exact scores but:
Amelia Watkins won the girls singles
Nathan Martin won boys singles
Emily and Lacey(not sure of the last names) Morgan co. won girls doubs
and the JC team won the boys doubs
Congrats Morgan County for winning the boys overall. Good Luck at the state tourny. Also, my hat is off to the young men from Johnson Central who were regional runner ups. Great job guys. The future is looking very bright for both boys and girls tennis at JC.
Congrats to the Morgan boys on the team win and to JC's Coty and Jarrod on their doubles title!

Congrats to Amelia on the singles title! Congrats to Emily and Lacey on another doubles title!

And a big congrats to Nathan on another big singles title!

Anyone know who won the girls team?
Morgan won the girls team title and Magoffin got runner-up. =)
Isn't that the 4th Regional Title for Nathan Martin?

That is a great accomplishment for Regional play!

Has he lost a Regional match in the last 4 years?
Also, Salman Jeelani and Marcus Houston were 3rd in boys doubles and Shika (sp) Sachdeva was 2nd in girls singles.
I enjoyed the tournament this year, a lot of great matches. Next year should be just as exciting with many teams having a lot of talented deep seeded players next year!!! JC, Lawrence, Morgan, and Pikeville all should be within just a couple points of each other as well next year. Probably a couple of ties as well Big Grin
Good luck 15th Region at state!
Next year should be good, very little is lost this year!
Southernfan Wrote:Isn't that the 4th Regional Title for Nathan Martin?

That is a great accomplishment for Regional play!

Has he lost a Regional match in the last 4 years?

Props to Nathan! What he has accomplished is hard to match in this area! I don't believe that Nathan has lost a match in regional play in the last 4 years. At least I'm not aware of it.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Props to Nathan! What he has accomplished is hard to match in this area! I don't believe that Nathan has lost a match in regional play in the last 4 years. At least I'm not aware of it.

Martin rules again in 15th

For Lawrence County junior Nathan Martin, winning the 15th Region boys singles tennis championship has become a rite of spring.

Martin made it four in a row by defeating Paintsville’s Zach Hughes 6-4, 6-1 this week in a match that began in Prestonsburg and finished up in Ashland.

“It’s a pretty good feeling to win for the fourth time in a row,’’ said the soft-spoken Martin, a 16-year-old with a big forehand.

Martin led 6-4, 4-0 at Archer Park in Prestonsburg on Wednesday when rain stopped play. Because of a wet forecast for the rest of the week, tournament officials contacted the Ashland Tennis Center and received permission to complete the tournament on the indoor courts there Wednesday afternoon.

Hughes won the first game after the match was resumed, but Martin took the next two games to close it out.

“He’s a good player,’’ Martin said of Hughes, the only player to take a game off Martin in the tournament. “The first set, I didn’t play too good. I hit a bunch of forehands into the net. I started playing better in the second set.’’

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...22625.html
Batpuff Wrote:Martin rules again in 15th

For Lawrence County junior Nathan Martin, winning the 15th Region boys singles tennis championship has become a rite of spring.

Martin made it four in a row by defeating Paintsville’s Zach Hughes 6-4, 6-1 this week in a match that began in Prestonsburg and finished up in Ashland.

“It’s a pretty good feeling to win for the fourth time in a row,’’ said the soft-spoken Martin, a 16-year-old with a big forehand.

Martin led 6-4, 4-0 at Archer Park in Prestonsburg on Wednesday when rain stopped play. Because of a wet forecast for the rest of the week, tournament officials contacted the Ashland Tennis Center and received permission to complete the tournament on the indoor courts there Wednesday afternoon.

Hughes won the first game after the match was resumed, but Martin took the next two games to close it out.

“He’s a good player,’’ Martin said of Hughes, the only player to take a game off Martin in the tournament. “The first set, I didn’t play too good. I hit a bunch of forehands into the net. I started playing better in the second set.’’

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...22625.html

What more can you say about the kid! He is really the best player east of Lexington! But it gets pretty tough once you get into the golden triangle of Lex/Lou/Cov. Good luck to Nathan in the State this year!