Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th POY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The player of the year in the 16th region is?????
Bosox Fan Wrote:The player of the year in the 16th region is?????

who is the other ?
Probably that kid from Lewis County....jk
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Probably that kid from Lewis County....jk

I was thinking the same....
Tough choice on GC team.
CleanupMan Wrote:Tough choice on GC team.

I voted for Logan because the catcher controls close to every aspect of what goes on. He is the only person besides the pitcher who is involved on every single play on the defensive side. Not only that he is by far that teams best hitter, and not too mention the best hitter in the region.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I voted for Logan because the catcher controls close to every aspect of what goes on. He is the only person besides the pitcher who is involved on every single play on the defensive side. Not only that he is by far that teams best hitter, and not too mention the best hitter in the region.

I agree completely... however Tyler may win the actual award because of what he has done on the mound this year...but I do not think he can compare to Greg Bowling who hit .533 and was something like 5-2 on the mound... (Greg was last years winner)
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Probably that kid from Lewis County....jk

It should be a kid from Lewis County. Jeremy Lykins is hitting about .550 with 4 home runs and is 5-0 on the mound. He also has about 40 stolen bases.
WannaBeaBalla Wrote:It should be a kid from Lewis County. Jeremy Lykins is hitting about .550 with 4 home runs and is 5-0 on the mound. He also has about 40 stolen bases.

WOW!! Those stats couldn't be anymore inflated than that. 40? haha! Come on..The only thing I would believe out of this is the 4 homeruns, other than that it is all inflated stats. I have seen the boy play about 3 or 4 times. He is not hitting .550. I don't think he got a hit in any of the games I seen.
I believe he is hitting that good,40 steals is not impossible.The coach down there loves to steal bases.
kybaseball Wrote:I believe he is hitting that good,40 steals is not impossible.The coach down there loves to steal bases.

I know it is not impossible, but it is a little unlikely with that team. For them to have somebody that good and no one really hear much about him is a little strange as well. Oh well like I said I never seen anyone on that team that I thought was capable of those numbers, but I have been wrong before so who knows?
he is hitting 536 with 31 sbs at the end of regular season and being recruited by Shawnee state. The stats are correct.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know it is not impossible, but it is a little unlikely with that team. For them to have somebody that good and no one really hear much about him is a little strange as well. Oh well like I said I never seen anyone on that team that I thought was capable of those numbers, but I have been wrong before so who knows?
ukfootballrocks Wrote:he is hitting 536 with 31 sbs at the end of regular season and being recruited by Shawnee state. The stats are correct.

See the stats keep going down with every post. It just kills me when I hear all these stats on here. I read on "a" newspaper's website that a bunch of really mediocre to really bad teams had like 4 guys hitting over .400. I just don't believe that. The only time I will take a stat like this to be legit is whenever it comes from a program who plays a really tough schedule and they have a history and tradition of doing things right. For example, PRP's Zach Cox. I think he is hitting somewhere around .550 or so, and I think that is probably as legit as it comes. I think that is more impressive then anything I have ever seen as far as stats go because of their schedule. Not only their schedule but they also see everybody's ace every night they play. So that average is legit. Whenever you hit .400 or above and over 3/4 of your schedule is against mediocre teams in Eastern Kentucky then for some reason I just can't take it serious. I just don't think it gives anybody an accurate description of how good of a hitter you are if you never face anybody, and the teams who aren't any good that have these stats never see anybody's good pitcher so it makes it even worse. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I don't mean anything bad towards these kids because I know they work very hard, it's just hard for me to take it serious.
I know he has had a good year at the plate,i was under the understanding he had a tryout with Shawnee this past weekend.
.550 batting average can be had with the right book keeper. Cool
Statmaster Wrote:.550 batting average can be had with the right book keeper. Cool

Very true. Sometimes when people keep book, they don't exactly record all the errors, and some teams will even count fielder's choice as a hit as well. It amazes how some of these teams keep their book.