Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rank the boy & girl teams in your county for the 08-09 seasons.
Boys:

Pikeville

Belfry
Virgie

Millard
Mullins
Phelps
Dorton

Elkhorn
Johns Creek
Feds Creek

Kimper

Just a quick list from what I remember.

Girls:

Belfry
Pikeville
Ellkhorn
Dorton

Millard
Johns Creek
Mullins
Phelps
Feds Creek
Virgie

Again, just a quick list from what I remember. I actually didn't see a couple of these teams. Just going by what I have heard from other coaches.

I think this girls' season will be one of the more exciting and competitive ones the county has seen in a while.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Boys:

Pikeville

Belfry
Virgie

Millard
Mullins
Phelps
Dorton

Elkhorn
Johns Creek
Feds Creek

Kimper

Just a quick list from what I remember.

Girls:

Belfry
Pikeville
Ellkhorn
Dorton

Millard
Johns Creek
Mullins
Phelps
Feds Creek
Virgie

Again, just a quick list from what I remember. I actually didn't see a couple of these teams. Just going by what I have heard from other coaches.

I think this girls' season will be one of the more exciting and competitive ones the county has seen in a while.

Someone is sand baggingSmile

Pikeville get some new players?
Pike County Boys

Dorton
Pikeville
Virgie

Millard
Belfry

Mullins
Phelps

Elkhorn
Johns Creek
Feds Creek

Kimper
NEXT Wrote:Someone is sand baggingSmile

Pikeville get some new players?

Pikeville and Virgie both beat us pretty badly in the 7th grade last year. You guys also beat us pretty good if I can recall correctly. I think we were around 9-11 in that group. Unless there is a drastic improvement over the summer, we will not be with that top group.

Were you looking in a mirror when you asked who was sandbagging? LOL!
Boys:

Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Dorton
Pikeville
Feds Creek
Johns Creek
Elkhorn
Phelps
Kimper

Next year should be alot more even in the county. Pikeville will not be dominant like last year unless they have some kids who are not playing with their summer AAU team.

I didn't see Belfry last year or in aau, but was told they would be the team to beat next year in the county. The county should be wide open next year. Many of the teams will have a good shot at it.
[B]Floyd County Girls[/B]
1. Allen Central2. Betsy Layne3. Adams4. MCA5. John M Stumbo6. South Floyd7. Allen
Belfry was the only team I didn't see last year. A lot of teams had some great, great, players and the county was very difficult for some teams. Next year is looking better for all of the teams to have an even shot at winning the county. There should be some very good games and good competition this coming year.
Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Pikeville
Dorton
Mullins
Johns Creek
Elkhorn City
Feds Creek
Phelps
Kimper
Floyd County Boys
1. Betsy Layne

2. Wesley
3. Adams
4. South Floyd
5. Allen

6. Allen Central
7. John M. Stumbo
8. MCA
Your forgeting about Paintsville's 7th grade team last year.They beat Pikeville,Virgie, and Belfrey to daeth last year.
do u really think allen will improve that much.
MCA has alot of talent coming back
Floyd County Girls

Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Adams
John M Stumbo
MCA
South Floyd
Allen
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Your forgeting about Paintsville's 7th grade team last year.They beat Pikeville,Virgie, and Belfrey to daeth last year.

They beat Belfry pretty bad the first game, 2nd game was as good as you could ask for.

I will give you that Paintsville was the best 7th grade team we played las year.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Your forgeting about Paintsville's 7th grade team last year.They beat Pikeville,Virgie, and Belfrey to daeth last year.

They beat Belfry pretty bad the first game, 2nd game was as good as you could ask for.

I will give you that Paintsville was the best 7th grade team we played last year.
NEXT Wrote:They beat Belfry pretty bad the first game, 2nd game was as good as you could ask for.

I will give you that Paintsville was the best 7th grade team we played las year.

The 2nd game was close went down to the wire. But I think that a couple of Paintsville middle players might be playing varsity next year.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The 2nd game was close went down to the wire. But I think that a couple of Paintsville middle players might be playing varsity next year.

Came down to making free throws.

Will Tiller be one of the players moving up?

Best 7th grader we played by far with Slone from Martin Co. 2nd
I also agree the Pike County league will be more even beacause in the past few year Pikeville has won county by double digits!!!!! This year every team looks even from what I have seen.
how many schools are in pike and floyd ?
8th grade teams
Eagle42 Wrote:how many schools are in pike and floyd ?
8th grade teams

Pike County has 11:

Pikeville
Belfry
Dorton
Virgie
Millard
Mullins
Elkhorn City
Phelps
Feds Creek
Johns Creek
Kimper

There was a lot more before the Belfry feeder schools consolidated.

Not sure of Floyd County, but I know of:

Betsy Layne
Adams
Allen Central
Allen
South Floyd
MCA
Wesley Christian
Floyd has 8: Betsy Layne, South Floyd, Allen Central, Allen, MCA, John M. Stumbo, Wesley Christian, and Adams
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Floyd has 8: Betsy Layne, South Floyd, Allen Central, Allen, MCA, John M. Stumbo, Wesley Christian, and Adams

Forgot about John M. Stumbo
NEXT Wrote:Came down to making free throws.

Will Tiller be one of the players moving up?

Best 7th grader we played by far with Slone from Martin Co. 2nd

Tiller is still gonna play middle school ithink. But He will be getting off the varsity bence alot i think.Brooks Pelphrey gonna try,Matt Daniels is also gonna try, and if Colby Burchett sticks around he will dress.(I Gaurentee it)
Johnson Co.2

1.Paintsville
2.JCMS
cslone Wrote:Boys:

Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Dorton
Pikeville
Feds Creek
Johns Creek
Elkhorn
Phelps
Kimper

Next year should be alot more even in the county. Pikeville will not be dominant like last year unless they have some kids who are not playing with their summer AAU team.

I didn't see Belfry last year or in aau, but was told they would be the team to beat next year in the county. The county should be wide open next year. Many of the teams will have a good shot at it.

i can understand your reasoning for even teams in the county but millard up there? and Feds Creek above Johns Creek and Elkhorn?
Paintsville and Dorton should be good this year.
That's just going off of what I saw in the AAU games we played at Millard this year. We beat Pikeville by double digits the last game we played them. We also beat Dorton by double digits. I'm not saying that Pikeville or Dorton couldn't beat us, but if we play well we should win against either team.

We didn't play Johns Creek so I wasn't sure how to rank them. We did play Elkhorn and Feds Creek multiple times. Feds Creek gave us a better game. Thats why I ranked them higher. We beat Elkhorn by 20+ both games we played, and Feds Creek by 10-15.

It's going to be pretty even in the county. The team that plays the best is going to win. There isn't going to be the big talent gap that there was last year.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Johnson Co.2

1.Paintsville
2.JCMS

That is way off. Jcms will be very strong. There 6th grade class coming in is one the strongest ever.
cslone Wrote:That's just going off of what I saw in the AAU games we played at Millard this year. We beat Pikeville by double digits the last game we played them. We also beat Dorton by double digits. I'm not saying that Pikeville or Dorton couldn't beat us, but if we play well we should win against either team.

We didn't play Johns Creek so I wasn't sure how to rank them. We did play Elkhorn and Feds Creek multiple times. Feds Creek gave us a better game. Thats why I ranked them higher. We beat Elkhorn by 20+ both games we played, and Feds Creek by 10-15.

It's going to be pretty even in the county. The team that plays the best is going to win. There isn't going to be the big talent gap that there was last year.

Not that it really matters, but that was only our 6th grade team that played Millard's 7th grade both times. Our 7th grade team isn't that strong, but I'm sure it would have made a difference, plus the fact that the Taylor boy from EC played with Millard.
Pages: 1 2