Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Real John McCain................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.namvets.com/Reading/john_mcca...r_hero.htm

During the past 10 years, I have written a lot of articles about the POW/MIA issue. Aside from a few complaints about the apparent lack of legislative concern, primarily from the Senate side (Fred Upton's office has been very responsive and proactive), I have not as yet involved myself in any serious character assassinations.
This article will change that. For years, people have asked me who I thought was most responsible in Washington, D.C., for undermining genuine efforts at reconciling this issue. While I had definite ideas on the subject, it has taken me this long to compile enough circumstantial evidence to offer an educated opinion on the matter.
The person in Washington has done more to bury the POW/MIA issue than any other elected official is none other than U.S. Sen. John McCain from Arizona. Himself a former POW.
He is portrayed by the establishment press as a "war hero." Often, when I. receive responses from legislators on certain POW-related bills, they tell me in no uncertain terms that their views were heavily influenced by John McCain,
Who can argue with a former POW, after all?
It has been a definite uphill argument for me, I admit. People seem to have already forgotten that he was one of the infamous "Keating Five" and heavily involved in the Savings & Loan scandal years ago. In fact, he was alleged to have been on U.S. Sen. Bob Dole's "short list" of possible vice presidential candidates, and he has barn notably mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in the year 2000.
He did in fact spend six years in captivity during the Vietnam War. It's a tough argument to suggest that he would undermine the PO%V issue.
For years, I was confused by his actions with respect to this issue. He would oppose any POW/MIA related piece of legislation, including the recent Missing Personnel Act, and the bill I sponsored through Fred Upton, the POW/MIA Rescue Act, which would have granted political asylum to any southeast Asian national who brought a living American POW to freedom.
Why would anyone oppose such a bill ... particularly a former POW?
He disagreed with the findings of the 1990 Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which concluded that our government had indeed abandoned some of our men when the war ended. '
Then, in 1991, he was appointed to serve on the long-awaited Senate Select Committee, which was created to investigate the entire issue. Chairman John Kerry wanted to appoint him as co-chairman, but this was greeted by a national uproar from the American Legion, and virtually every national veteran's group in existence who were already suspicious of his previous actions.
U.S. Sen, Bob Smith from New Hampshire was chosen instead, a minor victory at the time by POW activists, .
This particular Senate Committee was single-handedly undermined (in my opinion) by the actions of John McCain. During the course of their several month-long investigation, they heard unbelievable testimony from hundreds of people. No less than four former Secretaries of Defense testified that men were left behind. National Security analysts testified that they tracked the movements of our men long after the war ended. Radio transcripts of American POWs being moved in Laos were recorded in the early 1980s:
There were satellite photos of pilot distress signals taken as recently as 1992, complete with pilot name and authenticator code numbers. Former Soviet Commanders testified that they debriefed our men in the Soviet Union, and even Boris Yeltsin admitted American POWs had been transferred there.
No less than four committee investigators provided the Senators of their estimates ranging from a low of 150 to as many as 600 men who they believed were still alive and in captivity. This doesn't even include the testimony they heard behind closed doors that supposedly endangered our national security.
The conclusions of this committee was that "no credible evidence was provided to support the possibility that Americans were still alive and in captivity," This, despite documents from Soviet Archives that showed that the Vietnamese were holding more than 1,200 American POWs, and released less than 600, John McCain signed his name on this incredibly flawed report.
I was not in Vietnam, and was certainly never a POW, so perhaps it could be argued that moss of this falls in the "there but for the grace of God go I" category, but I'm not the one who is being portrayed as a war hero, a potential presidential candidate, and a spokesman for veterans with respect to this issue.
John McCain is, and as such, his character can and should be examined.
What is the real story behind his days as a POW? The U.S. Veteran Dispatch had an article in June of 1996 entitled "POW Songbird McCain Wrongly Described As A Hero." It recounted numerous instances where John McCain violated the Military Coda of Conduct, which specifically orders American personnel to give the enemy no information other than name, rank, serial number, and date of birth. It requires that they accept no favors from the enemy, and to make no written or oral statement disloyal to the United States.
The fact is, in exchange for better medical treatment, McCain violated this code four days after being captured on Oct. 26, 1967. In a U.S. News and World Report interview dated May 14, 1973, two months after he was released, McCain admitted that he exchanged military information in exchange for spending six weeks in a hospital normally reserve for North Vietnamese Military officers.
U.S. government records show that less than two weeks after he was taken to the hospital, Hanoi's press began quoting specific military information, including the name of the aircraft carrier on which McCain had been based, information about the location of rescue ships and the order of which his attack was supposed to take place. The records demonstrate, according to the Dispatch article that McCain continued to collaborate with the Communists after he recovered from his injuries. He did a number of propaganda broadcasts that were aimed at destroying the moral of American servicemen fighting in the jungles of South Vietnam, On June 4, 1969, a U.S. Wire Service story reported one of McCain's broadcasts.
The service reported "Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of the U.S. Commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praised medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner."
McCain committed other breaches of the Code of Conduct by meeting with and giving interviews to foreign news reporters and anti American delegations.
McCain admits to talking with numerous high-ranking North Vietnamese leaders, including General Vo Nguyen Giap, their Minister of Defense.
He also did a cozy interview over coffee, oranges, and cake wish a Cuban psychiatrist, which took place in the Hanoi office of the Committee for Foreign Cultural Relations.
He failed to "evade answering questions to the utmost of his ability;" by actually conversing with his interviewer in Spanish.
Perhaps these are some of the reasons why John McCain hip been so instrumental in discounting any suggestion that live prisoners of war still languish in Southeast Asia. It certainly does explain to me why he traveled to Hanoi in May of 1993 with soon-to-be Ambassador to Vietnam Pete Peterson, and convinced the Communist leadership to agree that they would NEVER MAKE PUBLIC THEIR INTERROGATION FILES OF AMERICAN POWs.
It should have made him ineligible to sit in judgment of those men who still wait for freedom. I believe it clearly makes him morally unfit to ever lead this nation, to be the Commander of all our armed forces someday.
Paul E. Ritenberg of Granger. Ind., is a former Niles resident. Readers are invited to submit their opinions for publication.
I find it interesting that 11 people have viewed this thread up to this point, yet not a single comment.............
Id say after they read that, they gotta go to sleep.
Here is a link in response to the above posted propaganda:

http://www.miafacts.org/sensors.htm

and here is a link to educate readers as to the expertise of the author:

[URL="http://www.miafacts.org/mythology_galore"]http://www.miafacts.org/mythology_galore.htm
[/URL]
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Here is a link in response to the above posted propaganda:

http://www.miafacts.org/sensors

http://www.miafacts.org/mythology_galore

Clicking on the links does not work, but if you copy and paste you can get to the sites.

Thanks for posting this new information. It is always best to see all sides to an issue.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Here is a link in response to the above posted propaganda:

http://www.miafacts.org/sensors

http://www.miafacts.org/mythology_galore

The links are not working. I would like to read what the other side of the story is. I imagined it was propaganda from a small minority.
Fox Sports links are not valid. Call it propaganda if you like but I posted the source. Disprove any of it and I will concede.
DevilsWin Wrote:Fox Sports links are not valid. Call it propaganda if you like but I posted the source. Disprove any of it and I will concede.
The links have now been repaired.

I am not trying to disprove anything, simply providing information to provoke thought...and be fair and balanced.
DevilsWin Wrote:Fox Sports links are not valid. Call it propaganda if you like but I posted the source. Disprove any of it and I will concede.

Actually, the links are very valid is refuting this information. If anyone wants to read another side to the story, then go to http://www.miafacts.org and go to the search function. Type in John McCain to read any articles you wish, and to get a better scoop on the buy who wrote this article, type in mythology galore.
John McCain does not support the active duty troops either.
Here is an article that demonstrates his Non-Support of the new GI Bill which would help veterans afford to go to college after their service has been completed. Tuition and cost of living expenses have drastically increased and this new bill is needed to meet those new costs.

Yet John McCain, who is supposed to be a guy who "Supports The Troops" isn't so crazy about making "getting out of the military" so attractive. Does he not want American Combat Veterans to have the resources needed to better themselves after they have served their country in a Volunteer Army in an unjust war?

Or does he want to make it tough for a military man or women to make the transition to civilian life in hopes that they will stay in the military?

You read, then decide:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4652517&page=1
BaseballMan Wrote:Actually, the links are very valid is refuting this information. If anyone wants to read another side to the story, then go to www.miafacts.org and go to the search function. Type in John McCain to read any articles you wish, and to get a better scoop on the buy who wrote this article, type in mythology galore.

How much money do you think the Pentagon paid that "Retired Military" man to do their bidding by refuting these allegations?

Maybe they promised not to take his pension away?

Maybe his old buddy was so high up in the Pentagon that he did this as a favor.

Your link is not reliable.Confusedhh:
DevilsWin Wrote:Your link is not reliable.Confusedhh:
And the link you provided " namvets.com" IS a valid source and reliable???

Smile

Typical paranoid ,conspiracy site.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:And the link you provided " namvets.com" IS a valid source and reliable???

Smile

Typical paranoid ,conspiracy site.
Just putting it out there for discussion FS.

I challenge all of you so-called Conservatives to quash this thread with verifiable facts!

:mad:
DevilsWin Wrote:John McCain does not support the active duty troops either.
Here is an article that demonstrates his Non-Support of the new GI Bill which would help veterans afford to go to college after their service has been completed. Tuition and cost of living expenses have drastically increased and this new bill is needed to meet those new costs.

Yet John McCain, who is supposed to be a guy who "Supports The Troops" isn't so crazy about making "getting out of the military" so attractive. Does he not want American Combat Veterans to have the resources needed to better themselves after they have served their country in a Volunteer Army in an unjust war?

Or does he want to make it tough for a military man or women to make the transition to civilian life in hopes that they will stay in the military?

You read, then decide:

[URL]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=4652517&page=1[/URL]

[INDENT]"We are working on proposals of our own — I'm a consistent supporter of educational benefits for the men and women of the military," McCain said. "I want to make sure that we have incentives for people to remain in the military as well as for people to join the military. ... I've talked a lot about veterans' health care, so we'll continue to talk about those issues and how to care for vets. I know I can do that, having been one." [/INDENT]

Sounds like he is just conservative about the amount of compensation needed to get this done. Sounds like he wants to help our soldiers, but wants to give them incentives to stay in the military, instead of incentives to get out. I, for one, would like for our soldiers to stay in the military, and for them to be rewarded for it. It makes me feel a little safer knowing the greatest warriors of today's time want to keep fighting for our rights.
BaseballMan Wrote:[INDENT]"We are working on proposals of our own — I'm a consistent supporter of educational benefits for the men and women of the military," McCain said. "I want to make sure that we have incentives for people to remain in the military as well as for people to join the military. ... I've talked a lot about veterans' health care, so we'll continue to talk about those issues and how to care for vets. I know I can do that, having been one." [/INDENT]
Sounds like he is just conservative about the amount of compensation needed to get this done. Sounds like he wants to help our soldiers, but wants to give them incentives to stay in the military, instead of incentives to get out. I, for one, would like for our soldiers to stay in the military, and for them to be rewarded for it. It makes me feel a little safer knowing the greatest warriors of today's time want to keep fighting for our rights.

If you think John McCain is going to do anything but vote down this bill I'll bring some salt and pepper for the Crow you'll be eating in November.

He is in a election and will get nothing else done in the Senate this year. Wake up and stop dreaming! I bet you think that a Tax holiday for gas is a possibility too? LOL

Don't believe the hype!
DevilsWin Wrote:If you think John McCain is going to do anything but vote down this bill I'll bring some salt and pepper for the Crow you'll be eating in November.

He is in a election and will get nothing else done in the Senate this year. Wake up and stop dreaming! I bet you think that a Tax holiday for gas is a possibility too? LOL

Don't believe the hype!

I never said he would vote for one or the other, but based on his response, he seems to want to help our military - which I believe he honestly does.

I don't think anything about a tax holiday for gas. If it happens, it happens, and if not, then it doesn't. No one's dreaming here, just being non-bias toward McCain as well as Clinton and Barrack. I can also dig up plenty of crap on those candidates as well, but it's all useless.

Everyone makes mistakes in their past. It's where they are now that I am concerned with. I listen to what they have to say on record and as much as I can off record. I watch their actions. That's how I make my decision.
I require a little more than lip service from the "Cheap Talk Express" to base my opinion.

I will vote based on the candidates record, not what they say at campaign rallies when caught off guard with a real question about a real issue rather than the "Talking Point of the Day".
DevilsWin Wrote:I require a little more than lip service from the "Cheap Talk Express" to base my opinion.

I will vote based on the candidates record, not what they say at campaign rallies when caught off guard with a real question about a real issue rather than the "Talking Point of the Day".

And by "Cheap Talk Express" you're talking about the campaign speeches of Obama Barack, Hillary Clinton, and John McCain, I presume? If so, then I can agree with that. It is true for the majority of politicians in this time.

Good. I hope you are not biased with the information you find on each, and that you make a clear observation of each candidate - and not base your decision on information that you have posted to begin this thread.
I have already made my decision and it wasn't an easy one.
BaseballMan Wrote:And by "Cheap Talk Express" you're talking about the campaign speeches of Obama Barack, Hillary Clinton, and John McCain, I presume? If so, then I can agree with that. It is true for the majority of politicians in this time.

Good. I hope you are not biased with the information you find on each, and that you make a clear observation of each candidate - and not base your decision on information that you have posted to begin this thread.

More specifically John McCain because he likes to think he's captain of the "Straight Talk Express". When in fact it's more like the "Cheap Talk Express" or the "Flip Flop Express"!
From Fox news!

A second high-profile aide to John McCain’s presidential campaign has resigned over Burmese junta lobbying charges, FOX News confirmed on Sunday.

Read More:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/11/...-reported/

This is another demonstration of John McCain's lack of good judgement.
US Soldiers make an apeal to John McCain to support the New GI Bill.

Link: http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/34701-why-...t-our-vets
[youtube="John McCain's YouTube problem"]GEtZlR3zp4c[/youtube]
I just read a book detailing Robert Kennedy's 1968 primary campaign: whether one agreed with him or not, he spoke his convictions, fought campaign aides who wanted to do "pander policies," and was willing to be heckled and jeered in campaign appearances because he was unwilling to compromise what it was he believed. As Stevie Wonder said, "I wish those days would come back once more."
McCain just wanted longer service with higher rewards in the new GI bill.

If your going by record, your voting for the most liberal person in the Senate.

So there is no arguing with you loons anyways, you will always quote some website that just spews propaganda and leaves out about 90% of the facts to try and justify your stance.

Obama is not going to win this election. With all the hype surrounding him, he should be 10 percentage points ahead at this point. He talks a great game, but he never says how he expects to carry any of his promises out. Plus, you wanna talk about surrounding yourself with questionable characters? He parties with terrorists.
Beetle01 Wrote:McCain just wanted longer service with higher rewards in the new GI bill.

So there is no arguing with you loons anyways, you will always quote some website that just spews propaganda and leaves out about 90% of the facts to try and justify your stance.

Obama is not going to win this election. With all the hype surrounding him, he should be 10 percentage points ahead at this point. He talks a great game, but he never says how he expects to carry any of his promises out. Plus, you wanna talk about surrounding yourself with questionable characters? He parties with terrorists.

Obama has, in detail, on his website what policy changes he would make and how he would go about putting them to action. If you read some stuff before you formulate an opinion you may sound like you know what you're talking about.

McCain is guilty of leaving out 90% of the facts to justify his stance too but I'm not running for President.

Your man(McCain) is the joke, the loon, the flip floper, the liar and nothing you can say or do will change that.

Why do you think Rush and other conservatives are against him? He can't be trusted any more than Yasser Arafat could've been trusted.
DevilsWin Wrote:Obama has, in detail, on his website what policy changes he would make and how he would go about putting them to action. If you read some stuff before you formulate an opinion you may sound like you know what you're talking about.

McCain is guilty of leaving out 90% of the facts to justify his stance too but I'm not running for President.

Your man(McCain) is the joke, the loon, the flip floper, the liar and nothing you can say or do will change that.

Why do you think Rush and other conservatives are against him? He can't be trusted any more than Yasser Arafat could've been trusted.

Ive checked out Obama's site many times. At one point I was going to vote for Obama. Then the more I learned about his policies, the more I came to realize it is mostly just smoke and mirrors. He has all these wonderful plans, but no way to pay for them.

Show me proof where McCain has left out 90% of the facts?
McCain's flip flops have come over a long period of time. While Obama's happen on a daily basis according to his standing in the polls.
Comparing McCain to a terrorist in Arafat shows your complete ignorance on anything political. Rush and most conservatives don't like McCain because he is to moderate, I hate Rush and those loons like Hannity and Coulter. They are as much a poision to this country as Pelosi.

You will never sound like you know what your talking about. The fact that you are a Red Devil supporter is embarassing to me.
Beetle01 Wrote:McCain just wanted longer service with higher rewards in the new GI bill.

????
sportsfan1 Wrote:????

Bill Ayers, along with his wife Bernadine Dohrn, was an active member of the Weather Underground, a radical left-wing group that advocated violence against the United State. Both Ayers and Dohrn went "underground" in 1970 after others in the group accidentally detonated a bomb in a Greenwich Village (New York City) townhouse. The blast killed three of the group's members including Ayers' girlfriend at the time.

While Ayers and Dohrn were hiding from law enforcement, the Weather Underground participated in the bombings of the US Capital, the Pentagon and a State Department building. In 1981 Ayers and Dohrn turned themselves in to federal authorities, but all charges were dropped as a result of alleged "government legal misconduct." In his 2001 memoir, Ayers wrote, "I don't regret setting the bombs. I feel we didn't do enough."

Ayers and Dohrn are known to have held at least one fundraiser for Barack Obama in their Chicago home.

http://www.newswithviews.com/BreakingNew...king55.htm
Beetle01 Wrote:Ive checked out Obama's site many times. At one point I was going to vote for Obama. Then the more I learned about his policies, the more I came to realize it is mostly just smoke and mirrors. He has all these wonderful plans, but no way to pay for them.

Show me proof where McCain has left out 90% of the facts?
McCain's flip flops have come over a long period of time. While Obama's happen on a daily basis according to his standing in the polls.
Comparing McCain to a terrorist in Arafat shows your complete ignorance on anything political. Rush and most conservatives don't like McCain because he is to moderate, I hate Rush and those loons like Hannity and Coulter. They are as much a poision to this country as Pelosi.

You will never sound like you know what your talking about. The fact that you are a Red Devil supporter is embarassing to me.

That was out of line, I take that back.
Pages: 1 2 3