Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds vs Mets (Did the Umps get it right?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sunday evening in the game, the reds 7 hitter made the last out of the 8th inning.
In the 9th, the 9 hitter batted out of turn and flew out to right field. Then when the 8 hitter stepped to the plate, the Umps were made aware that they had batted out of turn. The ump sent the 8 hitter back to the bench and allowed the 9 hitter to return to the plate and said that there were 2 outs. Then after the nine hitter singled, they decided that there was only 1 out and now the #1 hitter was at bat.
I am almost sure they completely blew this.
IMO, the 9 hitter is out, the 8 hitter just lost his turn and then the #1 hitter is to bat with 1 out.
Anyway...these guys are supposed to be pros....:confused:
Who won?
Should of been the #1 batter up to bat with 2 outs IMO. 1 out for the #9 batter flying out and 1 out for the 8/9 batter batting out of turn.
I'm pretty sure that they got it right. The person who batted out of order it automatically out (in this case #9 batting for #8) and then the next person in the lineup is up with 1 out (in this case #9 is back up) and the game continues from there.
Yeah, it was correct.
Ross's first at bat is non existent, as it never happened in official scoring. The 8 hitter is the one charged with making the out. Then Ross delivered the base hit in his correct spot.
I would guess the whole 1 out/2 out mistake was maybe from them running their counter over to 1 out after the fly out, then hitting it again when the out of order was discovered.