Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup 4 Lafayette 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dakota Greenslate threw a complete game and Tyler Homered for the musketeers 2nd win in the tournament and their 14th straight win
Greenup is on a serious winning streak. They need to blow one before the post season starts. Geeze!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Greenup is on a serious winning streak. They need to blow one before the post season starts. Geeze!

they beat St henry in the second game today 6-0 playing great baseball.... However it scares me that its a full week between their final regular season game and their district game....and the fact that they are riding high right now may not be the best thing
Bosox Fan Wrote:they beat St henry in the second game today 6-0 playing great baseball.... However it scares me that its a full week between their final regular season game and their district game....and the fact that they are riding high right now may not be the best thing

Well the other wins are very legit, however, St. Henry is not a very strong team at all. They are 7-19 which includes a 10-0 mercy rule game against Boyd County. Greenup is on a very good streak right now, but 10 of those 14 wins come against teams with a losing record. Two more of those wins being Ashland and East Carter who are not exactly stacked either, but do have winning records due to their weak schedules. Granted Ashland has a good pitcher, but that's as far as it goes. It is still a testament to them for being able to play that many games and show up every single day. IMO only 2 of those wins are really impressive. That being against Ballard and Lawrence County. Lafayette has a good tradition, but they are barely .500 this season.

Greenup is one of the two best teams East of Lexington in my opinion, and it is great to be able to win this many games and succeed the way the have. However, it does worry me with the strength of the teams they are playing if it may hurt them down the road. They have played a very tough schedule up to this point, but the last 14 games have only featured 2 really good teams. My only point is that I wish their really tough games would have came closer to the end of the season so they would be fresh by playing good competition. I am not trying to put them down at all. I am a big supporter of Greenup, and I think they run a top notch program with classy people all throughout their program. I just wanted to keep this win streak in perspective, that's all.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well the other wins are very legit, however, St. Henry is not a very strong team at all. They are 7-19 which includes a 10-0 mercy rule game against Boyd County. Greenup is on a very good streak right now, but 10 of those 14 wins come against teams with a losing record. Two more of those wins being Ashland and East Carter who are not exactly stacked either, but do have winning records due to their weak schedules. Granted Ashland has a good pitcher, but that's as far as it goes. It is still a testament to them for being able to play that many games and show up every single day. IMO only 2 of those wins are really impressive. That being against Ballard and Lawrence County. Lafayette has a good tradition, but they are barely .500 this season.

Greenup is one of the two best teams East of Lexington in my opinion, and it is great to be able to win this many games and succeed the way the have. However, it does worry me with the strength of the teams they are playing if it may hurt them down the road. They have played a very tough schedule up to this point, but the last 14 games have only featured 2 really good teams. My only point is that I wish their really tough games would have came closer to the end of the season so they would be fresh by playing good competition. I am not trying to put them down at all. I am a big supporter of Greenup, and I think they run a top notch program with classy people all throughout their program. I just wanted to keep this win streak in perspective, that's all.

I understand what you are saying... However they have won the two games that you say are their tough games.... Both teams were top 20 teams (even though the poll is a joke) I think they will win the region because well they are the best team in the 16th hands down....However they can be beat... Their bats have scared me lately only scoring like 20 runs in the past 7 games...
Bosox Fan Wrote:I understand what you are saying... However they have won the two games that you say are their tough games.... Both teams were top 20 teams (even though the poll is a joke) I think they will win the region because well they are the best team in the 16th hands down....However they can be beat... Their bats have scared me lately only scoring like 20 runs in the past 7 games...

Don't get me wrong I know they are the best team in the region. That is a no brainer. The only thing that will hurt them is if Ashland catches them on the day Tyler can't pitch in the region and they pitch Rigsby. If that happens there could be an upset, but that is the only way. They did beat the two good teams and they were great wins, but that's what my point was, is out of the 14 straight those are the only good wins, and I wish there could have been more good teams in that stretch. The Ballard game was big, and so was the Lawrence game. The key will be to see how they do against those two with their aces on the mound. If they could still beat them, then that would be even more impressive. However, we won't be able to find that out until State tournament, and I hope both make it. It will be a great showing for Eastern Kentucky because one of them would assure themselves a final four spot with a sectional win.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Don't get me wrong I know they are the best team in the region. That is a no brainer. The only thing that will hurt them is if Ashland catches them on the day Tyler can't pitch in the region and they pitch Rigsby. If that happens there could be an upset, but that is the only way. They did beat the two good teams and they were great wins, but that's what my point was, is out of the 14 straight those are the only good wins, and I wish there could have been more good teams in that stretch. The Ballard game was big, and so was the Lawrence game. The key will be to see how they do against those two with their aces on the mound. If they could still beat them, then that would be even more impressive. However, we won't be able to find that out until State tournament, and I hope both make it. It will be a great showing for Eastern Kentucky because one of them would assure themselves a final four spot with a sectional win.

Well Ballard has to get through a very tough PRP team in the sectional (at least they did last year) That means beating Zach Cox in a game... or beating their 2 and 3....
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well Ballard has to get through a very tough PRP team in the sectional (at least they did last year) That means beating Zach Cox in a game... or beating their 2 and 3....

Haha yea Greenup may not see Ballard again. PRP is like a college team, and could probably beat the majorit of small colleges. Cox and Hughes are freaks. If I was playing them I would walk them or hit them every time they got up. I would not risk giving up a run against them every time they cam to bat. I seen him hit one about 400 feet last year at Applebees over the right field wall and it hit on top of that sheltered area out past right field. It was a shot! He won't last too long at Arkansas before he gets drafted, and I think Hughes won't last too long at Tennessee before he gets drafted as well.
Congrats Greenup
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Don't get me wrong I know they are the best team in the region. That is a no brainer. The only thing that will hurt them is if Ashland catches them on the day Tyler can't pitch in the region and they pitch Rigsby. If that happens there could be an upset, but that is the only way. They did beat the two good teams and they were great wins, but that's what my point was, is out of the 14 straight those are the only good wins, and I wish there could have been more good teams in that stretch. The Ballard game was big, and so was the Lawrence game. The key will be to see how they do against those two with their aces on the mound. If they could still beat them, then that would be even more impressive. However, we won't be able to find that out until State tournament, and I hope both make it. It will be a great showing for Eastern Kentucky because one of them would assure themselves a final four spot with a sectional win.
I agree. Last year in the 16 region Boyd took care of business most of the season and also beat Greenup twice before the regional game losing 3-2. It could happen to GC but I hope to see Greenup at Applebees again.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha yea Greenup may not see Ballard again. PRP is like a college team, and could probably beat the majorit of small colleges. Cox and Hughes are freaks. If I was playing them I would walk them or hit them every time they got up. I would not risk giving up a run against them every time they cam to bat. I seen him hit one about 400 feet last year at Applebees over the right field wall and it hit on top of that sheltered area out past right field. It was a shot! He won't last too long at Arkansas before he gets drafted, and I think Hughes won't last too long at Tennessee before he gets drafted as well.

Guess what even PRP lost yesterday to Bowling Green, Just proves the point everybody beatable on a given day.
CleanupMan Wrote:Guess what even PRP lost yesterday to Bowling Green, Just proves the point everybody beatable on a given day.

Haha yea I was shocked to see that score. PRP has been playing a lot of games and they played a DH yesterday, and they just let down one game like so many teams do around this time. You never know what will happen, but PRP is still the most talented and best team in the state. The stat the sticks out to me is that PRP has only given up 60 runs in 26 games, which is only 2.3 runs a game. There pitching staff is unbelievable.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha yea I was shocked to see that score. PRP has been playing a lot of games and they played a DH yesterday, and they just let down one game like so many teams do around this time. You never know what will happen, but PRP is still the most talented and best team in the state. The stat the sticks out to me is that PRP has only given up 60 runs in 26 games, which is only 2.3 runs a game. There pitching staff is unbelievable.

Its true they are amazing