Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word on getting a new coach? I heard a name for the next head coach, but I don't want to start rumors. Look for someone to be named after Wednesday's interviews.Wink
Everyone has heard those rumors. I dont think there true but....Well see.
I heard Coach Brad Allen from Pikeville College is in the race.
IRISH4 Wrote:I heard Coach Brad Allen from Pikeville College is in the race.

If this is true then all I am going to say is good luck my old buddy Brad. Who else is in the running besides B-rad? What happened to the coach everyone at ER thought they were getting from Franklin Co.
Stillthe same ol', same ol' with no info. Becoming a weekly thing at East Ridge.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Stillthe same ol', same ol' with no info. Becoming a weekly thing at East Ridge.

It's a shame the kids dont have a coach in place allready...East Ridge is a big school in a good place with plenty of kids...But to have a and you have got to want to have, a good football program,get someone who has the knowledge,patience and attitude that they will build a winning program in time and it will take time....The Belfry's JC's and Pikevilles werent overnight sensations..They where built and maintained and even flourished under coaching changes because the powers that be wanted to win..
This coach has been offered the job but can't accept it until after the interviews. I will not break my promise to him about not revealing his name, but he has ties to a former Elkhorn City head coach who took them to Louisville years ago.Big Grin
What?
Acutally, it was Richmond
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:This coach has been offered the job but can't accept it until after the interviews. I will not break my promise to him about not revealing his name, but he has ties to a former Elkhorn City head coach who took them to Louisville years ago.Big Grin

Brad Allen will be the next coach.
So, is coach Allan officially hired?
the committee is meeting tonight
Did one candidate not attend his interview tonight?
What does it matter? I am sorry but East Ridge is awful and the school does not show any intrest to fielding a good football team. Every school in Pike Co. has taken steps forward to commiting to enhance their football teams except East Ridge and Phelps. I hope who ever the next coach is can get some support, but I wouldn't bet on it. Good luck to all involved except the school adminastration.
That's a sad situation too. Still kind of a new school, with nice facilities and nobody backing the program in a tradition rich football county! Just hard to get players with teams such as Belfry and Pikeville and even Valley in the county.
I talked to Brad Allen and it sounded as if his interview went really well. I was told that he met with the committee for around 90 minutes, which was a lot lengthier than the other candidate...I wish Allen and East Ridge the best of luck in the future.
Can someone give me a lil info on Brad Allen? Besides that he coached at Pikeville College.
warriorpride Wrote:Can someone give me a lil info on Brad Allen? Besides that he coached at Pikeville College.

Brad is a graduate of Breathitt Co. where he was All- State. Went on to Pikeville College where he helped anchor the line that lead the Bears to their first and only playoff appearance in school history. I can't rememeber if he was All-Conference or not. He spent this last year as the RB coach and assistant O-line coach. Coach Allen will run the spread and will be just what ER needs.
It doesn't matter who they get if the school doesn't back the program. Sounds like a good candidate for the job anyways!
who was the other candidate?
Is it official that Brad Allen is the new coach at ER?