Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 2 - Magoffin Co 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final of game 1

Not sure the results of the 2nd game but when I left LC was up 4 - 0
The second game was 12 to 6 with Lawrence picking up the win. Game should have been called early with downpours of rain all through the game, Umpires used terrible judgement letting this game go on, not to mention some other bad judgements. Lawrence was leading 6 to 5 going into the top of the 7th and the rain was pouring with MC on the field and MC gave up 6 runs during that inning, over all not a bad game though.
Rain can make the game dangerous. Thank God no one was hurt.
There was a couple of girls from Magoffin County that was injury due to poor feild conditions. This game should been delay or reschedule it was terrible conditions to put kids on a feild, especially the second game. I don't know what the ump was thinking with the feild in that shape.
Coach9 Wrote:There was a couple of girls from Magoffin County that was injury due to poor feild conditions. This game should been delay or reschedule it was terrible conditions to put kids on a feild, especially the second game. I don't know what the ump was thinking with the feild in that shape.

I didnt see any kids get hurt from the field conditions. The field was in great shape. They had it covered all night. There was one girl that got hit by a pitch but that had nothing to do with the field. Well the game had to be played by 1 today. LC tried to get the game in before that but Magoffin Co coached refused to play us . So you can think your own coach for having to play two games in the rain.
I believe it was Lawrence's coach who cancelled the first game.

We all know Magoffin got beat in both games and both teams had to play in the weather so that is no excuse. The point is, the second game was meaningless. The seeds for the District were already locked in. There was no sense whatsoever in risking injuries to either team. I heard one of Lawrence's coaches apologizing after the game. The Umps should have called the 2nd game early.

And no, the field was not in great shape in the last few innings of the game.
As for the original topic of this thread, the first game, it was a good matchup. Both pitchers, Caudill and Patrick, threw extremely well. I think all runs in the game were probably unearned. Magoffin got several hits off of Caudill but they were spread out throughout the game. The game ended with Magoffin having runners on 2nd and 3rd and their most consistent hitter at the plate. Great game by both teams.
In My Opinion Wrote:I believe it was Lawrence's coach who cancelled the first game.

We all know Magoffin got beat in both games and both teams had to play in the weather so that is no excuse. The point is, the second game was meaningless. The seeds for the District were already locked in. There was no sense whatsoever in risking injuries to either team. I heard one of Lawrence's coaches apologizing after the game. The Umps should have called the 2nd game early.

And no, the field was not in great shape in the last few innings of the game.

I know for a fact that they canceled on coming over here and we even told them that we would come over there that day and they still wouldnt play so thats why they played two here. Well I know when I left in the 3 inning of the 2nd game the field was wet ofcourse but it wasnt bad with water pooling or anything like that. And yea they were lucky that no one got hurt.
Batpuff Wrote:I didnt see any kids get hurt from the field conditions. The field was in great shape. They had it covered all night. There was one girl that got hit by a pitch but that had nothing to do with the field. Well the game had to be played by 1 today. LC tried to get the game in before that but Magoffin Co coached refused to play us . So you can think your own coach for having to play two games in the rain.

Lawrence County's field is always in good shape.....
Congrats Lawrence
Congrats lawrence for sewing up the number one spot. Hope to see these teams play again in the tourney. ( if they both win there first games) this is a great matchup.
Congrats Lawrence for nailing down the first spot in the tourney. I'd like to see these two teams meet again in the finals.(if they can win there first games) I think Magoffin looks to me to be the best matchup for Lawrence.
good job Lawrence
Hope nobody got injured. I agree that the second game should have been canceled since it had no meanning really. Maybe a bad call by the ump?
Batpuff Wrote:I know for a fact that they canceled on coming over here and we even told them that we would come over there that day and they still wouldnt play so thats why they played two here. Well I know when I left in the 3 inning of the 2nd game the field was wet ofcourse but it wasnt bad with water pooling or anything like that. And yea they were lucky that no one got hurt.
sorry, but that was not the situation. the first game that the two teams were scheduled to play was at lawrence co. earlier in the season & it was rained out. the second was scheduled for magoffin, & the lawrence coach needed to be in lawrence that evening so it was requested that magoffin come there & play but they couldn't because of other circumstances.
nobody here is saying that lawrence does not have a nice park, they really do & conditions for the first game was pretty good, but they were horrible for the second game. no knock on the field, if great american ballpark gets enough rain, field conditions would be horrible. the problem here is with the umpiring crew. a win or loss by either team in the second game would not have changed anything in district seeding. in other words, the game was meaningless other than the won-loss record of both teams. no regard for the safety of players from either team was considered.
Batpuff Wrote:I know for a fact that they canceled on coming over here and we even told them that we would come over there that day and they still wouldnt play so thats why they played two here. Well I know when I left in the 3 inning of the 2nd game the field was wet ofcourse but it wasnt bad with water pooling or anything like that. And yea they were lucky that no one got hurt.
i know for a fact your wrong the lawrence county coach wanted to stay in louisa and watch the baseball coach get his 400 or 500 hundred win
The Fan Wrote:i know for a fact your wrong the lawrence county coach wanted to stay in louisa and watch the baseball coach get his 400 or 500 hundred win

Hmmmm he got that in paintsville about two weeks before that game.
lawrence co won 12 to 5 good game girls
The Lawrence Co. coach wanted to attend the ceromony that LC had for their Baseball Coach before the game, I beleive vs. Johnson Central, so she could not attend the MCHS game and it was postponed.
the voice Wrote:The Lawrence Co. coach wanted to attend the ceromony that LC had for their Baseball Coach before the game, I beleive vs. Johnson Central, so she could not attend the MCHS game and it was postponed.

Maybe to clarify better for those who don't know, The LC Softball Coach is the LC Baseball Coach's daughter. So, I would think she'd want to be there for her dad. Smile
Batpuff Wrote:I know for a fact that they canceled on coming over here and we even told them that we would come over there that day and they still wouldnt play so thats why they played two here.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM seems as if your racts are not facts at al { see post above } she wanted to see here dad , so it seems to me you dont know as much about the situation as you like to think you do
yes i agree m c would be the best game fore lawrence co the first game they played could have went either way.
I'd love to see a rematch!
[Image: GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=4&messageId=470...2B98F0E90|]

Here is the "Great Shape" the field was in during 2nd game, and this was after play was stopped to allow Lawrence Co. Coaches to work on the field.
A little mud and water never hurt anyone!
I wonder if coaches think about getting kids hurt before finishing a game.
AmazingFan Wrote:A little mud and water never hurt anyone!

Here's another photo in case the first didn't do justice.
That dosn't look like it was too fun for MC or LC. Second game should have been stoped.