Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Walton High, GA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley will be playing Walton High School out of Marietta, Georgia at the Expo next season. A few weeks back the Lexington paper was talking about this high school, which will have a couple of highly touted players next year in Glenn Rice's son and Shawn Kemp's son. Glenn Rice Jr. is being recruited heavy by some ACC and SEC schools. This could be an exciting game.
HazzBeen Wrote:Shelby Valley will be playing Walton High School out of Marietta, Georgia at the Expo next season. A few weeks back the Lexington paper was talking about this high school, which will have a couple of highly touted players next year in Glenn Rice's son and Shawn Kemp's son. Glenn Rice Jr. is being recruited heavy by some ACC and SEC schools. This could be an exciting game.
Sounds like this will be a good match-up. When is it?
I'm guessing this will be part of the Farm Bureau Classic next season. This would make an excellent showcase game for a local team in the Saturday night session. Although, if this team from Georgia has a bunch of future D-1 players on it, I wonder if SV will be able to hang with them?

Regardless, best of luck to the Cats. Hopefully I will be there to root them on!
bball fan Wrote:Sounds like this will be a good match-up. When is it?

I believe the Farm Bureau Classic is correct. Here is a video link of Walton playing Wheeler who will be a preseason top 10-15 team in the nation next season. Walton did not have Kemp last year and there are some very nice dunks in this video. Glenn Rice is #41 and looks like a nice player.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mx...08/Georgia
Talk about bulking up the schedule. Walton looks to be good. #41 looks to be the type of player Hatfield is, tall, lanky, and can move with the ball. I didn't get much out of their PG from this video because 41 had the ball most of the time, so hopefully that's a good matchup for Elisha. Walton does look pretty tall, so that could be a problem, but they didn't seem to attack the boards very well.
The refs will keep it close. Remember last year against Male. The Male coach said he would never come and play in the event again.
Wow, basketball starts in like 6 months and we have people already hating that Shelby Valley did good last year.
Tubby Lover Wrote:The refs will keep it close. Remember last year against Male. The Male coach said he would never come and play in the event again.

That's pretty lame. The officiating had nothing to do with Shelby Valley beating Male last year. If their coach needed to blame someone, then that's just sour grapes on his part. You didn't hear SV people crying about the refs when they went to a Louisville tournament last season and lost to the host school in the final, did you?

I don't know what school you root for, but it wouldn't kill you to actually give Valley some credit for winning that game...
Yea I seen that UK is going after Shawn Kemp Jr.
Pretty tough game for SV.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea I seen that UK is going after Shawn Kemp Jr.

If he does end up at Kentucky hopefully things will work out with him better than his Dad.
Tubby Lover Wrote:The refs will keep it close. Remember last year against Male. The Male coach said he would never come and play in the event again.

As the tournament grows and the elite teams across the country venture in...the coach from Male will beg to come back to compete against the marquee teams...

This tournament is growing leaps and bounds...

We all must thank James Hurley for getting it started...:Thumbs:
I think SV will have a tough time staying in this one...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:As the tournament grows and the elite teams across the country venture in...the coach from Male will beg to come back to compete against the marquee teams...

This tournament is growing leaps and bounds...

We all must thank James Hurley for getting it started...:Thumbs:
........but we all agree that it has gotten a lot better since he got out of it!!
To be the best, you must beat the best.

No doubt it will be a tough game.
Hey I'm a East Ridge fan and us pike Countians need to pull together and support all of our teams. The 15th Regional championship belongs in Pike County where they play real basketball. Go Warriors, Wildcats, Panthers, Pirates, Hawks, & Hornets. i love to see any kid in our area to make it big and I would cheer for him.
I'm gonna try my best to be at this game.
This game could get very, very ugly for SV.