Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley invited to Great Florida Shootout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley gets an invite to a high profile tournament during Christmas break. The Great Florida Shootout is sponsored by the Orlando Magic as well as some other sponsors which means the players get to see a Magic game, visit Disney, etc. while there. The following link shows the history of the tournament and all the high profile players that have played in the tournament. Congrats to Shelby Valley and good luck next year!

http://www.gflso.com/2007/history.html
Congrats Valley Boys!!! This is exciting.
That is a pretty big tournament to play in. Hope they do good down there.
Hopefully they will do as well as they did this year in the New York tourney, where they went 2-1 and finished in third place (out of 8 powerful teams from across the country).
Hopefully they will win it all.
Congrats Valley. Do goood!
Congratulations Valley!!!!!!!
Wow. Great accomlishment. Hope you all do well and hopefully you all will get recognized!!
How do they decide on who gets to come to the tournament?

considering Paintsville won All-A and Region?
If...Then Wrote:How do they decide on who gets to come to the tournament?

considering Paintsville won All-A and Region?

Uh... they probably are selecting teams who are projected to be really good this upcoming season, not teams that were really good last season.

I'm sure the folks behind this tournament aren't sending out invites as a reward for a good '07/'08 season. They want teams that are projected to be very good this upcoming year, and out of all the teams in the 15th I would think SV fits the bill the best.

This isn't a knock on Paintsville at all, they were the best team in the region this past season and they proved it on the court. But they did lose all 5 starters, and would be expected to have some kind of drop-off next year. I think that most unbiased observers would agree that Valley has to be the preseason favorite in the 15th next year, not to mention one of the top teams in the mountains.
This is exactly why Scott County was chosen to play in the Myrtle Beach Beachball Classic, Isle of Palms Tournament and play live on ESPN U last season, as the thoughts at the time of scheduling were that Bud Mackey was going to be playing with a great supporting cast. I honestly feel that Mackey would have ended up a top 20 national player by Rivals or Scout by last seasons end. I personally have seen him play many times and seen him heads up against Hopson, Miller, Mack, Mayo and he was without a doubt better than any except Mayo. Too bad he is now serving 60 days in jail for violation of his probation, hopefully the kid will land somewhere after all of this is resolved, even NAIA would be good.
Congrats Valley. Make the mountains proud down there. Yea If...Then, I don't think we want to send the "new" Paintsville team down there just yet. Valley will represent just fine.
the main reason shelby valley got this invitation is so coach billy donovan can see elisha justice in a game situation. so he wont have to travel very far.
crazyfan4 Wrote:the main reason shelby valley got this invitation is so coach billy donovan can see elisha justice in a game situation. so he wont have to travel very far.

Well that's a pretty good reason to be going aint it?