Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elisha Justice invited to Billy Donovan's Florida Elite Camp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Elisha Justice, a sophomore point guard at Shelby Valley, was contacted by a Florida assistant coach this week and received an official invitation to Billy Donovan's Elite Camp in early August. He received the official invitation in the mail today. WYMT will announce this tonight at 11:00. Congrats to Elisha and good luck!
Congrats Mr. Justice, major honor.
Awesome news. Congrats to this young man on a great accomplishment.
That is great news to hear. Congrats on a huge accomplishment.
Congrats to Elisha, this is a great honor for a very deserving young man.
Congrats and Gooodluck
I think all the people that said Elisha couldn't go D-1 can now shut their mouths.
Congratulations to Elisha, he is one of those players that I love to watch... best of luck at the camp!
congrats elisha...we're all sooooo proud of you...
congrads, i hope he goes down there and shows everyone up.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think all the people that said Elisha couldn't go D-1 can now shut their mouths.

Is there a guaranteed D1 scholarship that comes with this invitation?
uhavenoidea Wrote:Is there a guaranteed D1 scholarship that comes with this invitation?

A typical Paintsville fan response... Rolleyes Just try be happy for the kid because I guarantee you would be if you knew him...
The King Wrote:A typical Paintsville fan response... Rolleyes Just try be happy for the kid because I guarantee you would be if you knew him...

I'm glad Paintsville beat Valley and won it this year, but i'm not a Tiger fan...Elisha is a hard-worker and thats very easy to see...Not to take anything away from him, but what PC_YOU_KNOW said about going D1 was useless...All I was saying is that it don't mean he's gonna be playing D1...He may very well end up playing D1, but getting invited to this camp is nothing but an honor and a great accomplishment as of right now...ONLY TIME WILL TELL:Thumbs:
Good luck.
Congrats to him and good luck at the camp and the rest of your high school career.
I think this is an unbelievable honor. Elisha must be pumped to think he gets to go down there and compete with some of the nations best. He will be a great player by the time he graduates, and it would be great to have another East Kentucky kid to go D1 somewhere.
Congrats to him, hope he does good.
Congrats on a very big accomplishment.
Glad to see this for Elisha. If he grows little more he could play in that division. He has the quicks and smarts. I believe he need to take more shots next year, and keep playing the good defense he has been playing..
Congrats to this young man. Big honor at such a young age.
Congratulations Elisha!!!! You are so deserving!!!! I wish everyone could know you personally because you are such a blessing and a great example of God's love and kindness. I know that He has great plans for your life! Keep working hard! From one of your #1 fans!!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think all the people that said Elisha couldn't go D-1 can now shut their mouths.

congrats elisha very happey for you...Pc you know that doesnt mean he is going d-1...

An invitation to a camp and a D1 scholarship are way too different things.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Is there a guaranteed D1 scholarship that comes with this invitation?

BASKETBALLFAN01 Wrote:congrats elisha very happey for you...Pc you know that doesnt mean he is going d-1...

JackRabbitSlim Wrote:An invitation to a camp and a D1 scholarship are way too different things.

For everyone out there that has jumped all over PC You Know, I doubt he was saying that Elisha was guaranteed a D-1 scholarship because of this. Everyone knows you have to earn a scholarship, you don't win it.

I'm pretty sure his comment was directed at those who have disparaged Elisha's ability and said he had no chance to play at a D-1 school. Getting invited to a prestigious camp such as this shows that high level coaches recognize that there is a lot of talent there, or else they wouldn't invite him. And if D-1 coaches watch you play and come away impressed, I would think it improves your chances of landing a D-1 scholarship somewhere .
I'm not sure I would consider the three posts you quoted from as jumping all over PC.
Great accomplishment and opportunity for such a great young man. I am by no means a Valley supporter but I have said this since his first regional tournament in the EXPO, HE IS WHAT MAKES THAT TEAM GO. It so not Hatfield, the two Bryant's or Newsome. If it was not for Justice IMO that team would not have made it so far in the past few years. This kid IS WAY OVER LOOKED by everyone in this area it is good that he is getting recognition. Now I know he may not be a threat from outside shooting but he is what a true point guard is. He knows how to break a press, spread the floor, penetrate and kick it out, makes some unbelievable passes and through all of this he never break composure. He never gets mad at him self or his teammates and I HAVE NEVER seen him argue with any player or ref. Not to mention he is tenacious on defense. IMO this year best player in the region!!! Good Luck Elisha!!! Also congrats to all the Valley fans who have supported this kid when no one around here gave him any credit!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Great accomplishment and opportunity for such a great young man. I am by no means a Valley supporter but I have said this since his first regional tournament in the EXPO, HE IS WHAT MAKES THAT TEAM GO. It so not Hatfield, the two Bryant's or Newsome. If it was not for Justice IMO that team would not have made it so far in the past few years. This kid IS WAY OVER LOOKED by everyone in this area it is good that he is getting recognition. Now I know he may not be a threat from outside shooting but he is what a true point guard is. He knows how to break a press, spread the floor, penetrate and kick it out, makes some unbelievable passes and through all of this he never break composure. He never gets mad at him self or his teammates and I HAVE NEVER seen him argue with any player or ref. Not to mention he is tenacious on defense. IMO this year best player in the region!!! Good Luck Elisha!!! Also congrats to all the Valley fans who have supported this kid when no one around here gave him any credit!

Trust me, the people who follow Valley basketball know who is the straw that stirs the drink, and it is definitely Elisha. On a strong, well-rounded team without an obvious star player, he is without question the guy who makes the team go. In my mind, he was easily the second-best player in the region this year, and not far behind Landon.

It's nice to read supportive comments like yours from non-Valley people. Hopefully, he will get more statewide notice the next couple years.

And maybe, just maybe, he might make the WYMT Mountain "honorable mention" list next year... Rolleyes
Great honor for Elisha, hopefully he will represent Eastern Kentucky well.
Congrats a great opportunity, the question is will he attend? I have heard he has had the opportunity to play on some elite AAU teams the last 2 summers but said no because he wanted some time off or something to that nature.
I have talked to his brother Jonah and he told me Elisha will be attending this camp.
Pages: 1 2