Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Food Shortage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noticed how much more people have been talking about a global food crisis lately? A lot of people are stocking up enough canned food to last for months all around the US.
Haven't heard anything about this. I have heard that in general food prices are going up. Milk and bread are more expensive among other things.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Haven't heard anything about this. I have heard that in general food prices are going up. Milk and bread are more expensive among other things.

Thats all I've heard also.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Haven't heard anything about this. I have heard that in general food prices are going up. Milk and bread are more expensive among other things.
This is also all that I have heard which I would assume is due to the increased price in transportation of the food.
Sam's Club and Cosco are rationing rice already.

This is due in part to part of the food supply being used for Bio-fuels but that is just a small portion of the problem. Global warming is due in large part as it has an effect on harvests worldwide. The other problem is the cost of fuel.

What's everyone gonna do when all these truckers decide to quit hauling goods?
I was young but I remember gas rationing in the 70's. The oil supply was supposedly low and everyone was afraid of what would happen. People would stand in line for an hour to get their ration. Well, turns out the world did not end and there's plenty of oil now (if you can afford it). These things come and go. I believe all will be fine and in a short time, there will be plenty of rice for everybody.
Groundhog1965 Wrote:I was young but I remember gas rationing in the 70's. The oil supply was supposedly low and everyone was afraid of what would happen. People would stand in line for an hour to get their ration. Well, turns out the world did not end and there's plenty of oil now (if you can afford it). These things come and go. I believe all will be fine and in a short time, there will be plenty of rice for everybody.

I AGREE!!!! Many scares over the years and well we're still all here today!
This makes me think of a question for those of you who have seen I Am Legend do you think that this is a possible scenario for our world? Or maybe something not quite as drastic! This movie makes me want a M&P Rifle even more than ever I wish I could afford one, put a laser and light on it haha nice!!