Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's better Bill Logan or Timmy Hayes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both outstanding catchers but whos better

Bill Logan Greenup Co Jr
Timmy Hayes Lawrence Co SR
Timmy Hayes
Tim Hayes :Cheerlead
Tim.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Both outstanding catchers but whos better

Bill Logan Greenup Co Jr
Timmy Hayes Lawrence Co SR

As a catcher it is Timmy for sure.... but when it comes to the bat i have to go with billy
Bosox Fan Wrote:As a catcher it is Timmy for sure.... but when it comes to the bat i have to go with billy

When Hayes gets a hold of 1 u better get out of the way I seen him go 4-4 against Morgan Co. I saw 4 of the hardest shots ive ever seen in my life
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:When Hayes gets a hold of 1 u better get out of the way I seen him go 4-4 against Morgan Co. I saw 4 of the hardest shots ive ever seen in my life
True that thuglife:Thumbs:
Both are outstanding players, but right now Hayes has the edge on Logan. However, I honestly think that by this time next season Logan will be better than Hayes was his senior year, with the bat that is. It will be hard to get Logan's pop time any better than what it is now, but I think his bat will end up better than Hayes. Both are really good, and among the best catchers in the state in my opinion.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Both are outstanding players, but right now Hayes has the edge on Logan. However, I honestly think that by this time next season Logan will be better than Hayes was his senior year, with the bat that is. It will be hard to get Logan's pop time any better than what it is now, but I think his bat will end up better than Hayes. Both are really good, and among the best catchers in the state in my opinion.

Any idea on what their pop times are?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Any idea on what their pop times are?

I have heard different things. I am under the impression that Hayes is consistently in the 1.8's somewhere. I have everything from a 1.81 on up to 1.89. Logan I think is a little more around the 2.0 and up, which is still a great pop time. 2.0 is the best I have ever heard of him getting, but if he works on his release who knows.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have heard different things. I am under the impression that Hayes is consistently in the 1.8's somewhere. I have everything from a 1.81 on up to 1.89. Logan I think is a little more around the 2.0 and up, which is still a great pop time. 2.0 is the best I have ever heard of him getting, but if he works on his release who knows.

Thanks... I had heard Bill getting around 1.9 before next time I am at a Greenup game i will try to get a time

I did Maddens (GCHS back-up) the other night against russell and he was at 2.3
Where is Logan going to college?
The Joker Wrote:Where is Logan going to college?

I am pretty sure he is just a junior.
Both are excellent at and behind the plate. I would say Hayes has the better pop time, but Logan is more consistent at hitting. It's hard to say who would be better if they were the same age and grade. They are gifted athletes and are sure to have promising careers if they choose the right path.
When comparing the two catchers, Do you think the colleges look at the statue of the catcher? T Hayes is atleast four inches taller. Just wondering.
Tim is one the of the best ever at that position. Dont be shocked if someday you see playing in the bigs. Not to mention he is a great kid as well.
Bosox Fan Wrote:As a catcher it is Timmy for sure.... but when it comes to the bat i have to go with billy

Well now you havent followed to much LC baseball have you. lol
longball Wrote:Tim is one the of the best ever at that position. Dont be shocked if someday you see playing in the bigs. Not to mention he is a great kid as well.

Come on now that's a pretty far fetched statement don't you think?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Come on now that's a pretty far fetched statement don't you think?

I was thinking the same thing, The best ever? thats a big comment
Bosox Fan Wrote:I was thinking the same thing, The best ever? thats a big comment

But a very true one-Tim is an awesome player and an even better person.
Dawg@heart Wrote:But a very true one-Tim is an awesome player and an even better person.

Nobody said he wasn't a good kid, we were just saying that to say he is the best ever at that position is a little absurd. He is a great player, but he is not the "best ever." That's not even an argument I am willing to have.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Come on now that's a pretty far fetched statement don't you think?

:eek: I was thinking the exact same thing as you and Bosox Fan..... I seriously doubt that he is the best ever a that position. Wait a sec I know that hes not the best ever at catcher.JMO.
Jshort5 Wrote::eek: I was thinking the exact same thing as you and Bosox Fan..... I seriously doubt that he is the best ever a that position. Wait a sec I know that hes not the best ever at catcher.JMO.

What? I don't get it. Am I missing something?
Johnny Bench Baby!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Godspeed Wrote:Johnny Bench Baby!!!!!!!!!! Smile

I doubt the kid even gets drafted, if he does it will be very very very late
Bosox Fan Wrote:I doubt the kid even gets drafted, if he does it will be very very very late

I doubt he will get drafted. He would have to hit high .300's low .400's to even get noticed by scouts. Also, he would have to do it on the D1 level, which is very difficult. Not only that, but he has to find a starting position before any of that can happen anyway.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Nobody said he wasn't a good kid, we were just saying that to say he is the best ever at that position is a little absurd. He is a great player, but he is not the "best ever." That's not even an argument I am willing to have.

So who do you think is the best ever.
Batpuff Wrote:So who do you think is the best ever.

What do you mean? Best ever in history? Well you have a lot of major leaguers to pick from. Let's see Yogi Bera, Johnny Bench, Pudge. Jorge Posada, etc. You can't tell me you think Timmy Hayes is better than these I mentioned.
Batpuff Wrote:So who do you think is the best ever.
One of the best that I have seen in this area the last few years was Charlie Collett, both arm and bat. Josh Adams did not have the greatest bat, but he and Collett completed changed an opposing teams philosophy about what to do when they're players reached base. Hayes is very good, but I have not seen anyone have to alter their game plans going against him, like coaches did when going up against the other two.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:One of the best that I have seen in this area the last few years was Charlie Collett, both arm and bat. Josh Adams did not have the greatest bat, but he and Collett completed changed an opposing teams philosophy about what to do when they're players reached base. Hayes is very good, but I have not seen anyone have to alter their game plans going against him, like coaches did when going up against the other two.

I think you would have to throw Josh McKenzie in there as well. He had a great 6' 6" frame, great arm, and a good bat.
Pages: 1 2