Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs. Murray All A State, Thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who ya think?
I will post mine later.
Should be a good one. I will say this though. I'll bet a year's salary that the Tigers WIN!!!!
Anyone have a bracket to post or a link?
the brackets for the all a tournament are on this site http://www.allaclassic.org/Baseball/2008...ackets.pdf
Murray is in the lead in the 1st region with a record of 17-7. However, the 1st region is not exactly the strongest in the state. Painstville is leading the 15th region with a record of 14-6. The 15th is not the strongest in the state either. If Grimm throws on Tuesday then I wonder if he will be able to throw on that short rest. If he does throw then I take Paintsville all the way. If he doesn't throw then I think it will be a toss up. If I had to pick I would say Paintsville.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Murray is in the lead in the 1st region with a record of 17-7. However, the 1st region is not exactly the strongest in the state. Painstville is leading the 15th region with a record of 14-6. The 15th is not the strongest in the state either. If Grimm throws on Tuesday then I wonder if he will be able to throw on that short rest. If he does throw then I take Paintsville all the way. If he doesn't throw then I think it will be a toss up. If I had to pick I would say Paintsville.
I say that Grimm is on the hill for both games.
The Guru Wrote:I say that Grimm is on the hill for both games.

Then I would have to pick Painstville in this one.
Paintsville
I dont know anything at all about Murray, but there have been some big time stud pitchers come out of that area the last few years. Heath , Tilghman, Reidland, and St. Mary's have been D1 pitcher factories,with several being drafted .
Greetings. I today such saw will be stunned. Look http://bizchlen.info
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Murray is in the lead in the 1st region with a record of 17-7. However, the 1st region is not exactly the strongest in the state. Painstville is leading the 15th region with a record of 14-6. The 15th is not the strongest in the state either. If Grimm throws on Tuesday then I wonder if he will be able to throw on that short rest. If he does throw then I take Paintsville all the way. If he doesn't throw then I think it will be a toss up. If I had to pick I would say Paintsville.

I believe that Murray is currently 3rd in their region,,,unless it changed today...according to KHSAA web site, I Would Hope think that the coaching staff would have the good sense to pitch grimm in two of the most important games of the season...However Austin Lyons has been very effective thus far..
INSIGHT Wrote:Greetings. I today such saw will be stunned. Look http://bizchlen.info

I believe that Murray is currently 3rd in their region,,,unless it changed today...according to KHSAA web site, I Would Hope think that the coaching staff would have the good sense to pitch grimm in two of the most important games of the season...However Austin Lyons has been very effective thus far..
Like I said a moment ago, I dont know the first thing about Murray, but right now they are ranked #1 in the 1st region, or they have the most wins. We'll put it that way.
INSIGHT Wrote:Greetings. I today such saw will be stunned. Look http://bizchlen.info

Actually you can check for yourself.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

Marshall County only has one loss, but the way the KHSAA does it is by wins, and that is also how Paintsville is #1 in their region, by wins, not losses.

I think it would be wise to pitch Grimm in both. That is enough days in between to where it shouldn't hurt him much at all.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually you can check for yourself.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

Marshall County only has one loss, but the way the KHSAA does it is by wins, and that is also how Paintsville is #1 in their region, by wins, not losses.

I think it would be wise to pitch Grimm in both. That is enough days in between to where it shouldn't hurt him much at all.
What is the rest rule for pitchers? They play Saturday and the championship game is on Sunday.
T-I-G-E-R-S!!!
Gatortater Wrote:What is the rest rule for pitchers? They play Saturday and the championship game is on Sunday.

A pitcher may pitch a max of 9 innings in one day but no more than 15 innings in a seven day period.

If a pitcher pitches in 3 to 5 innings in one day that pitcher must have 1 calendar days rest.

If a pitcher pitches in 6 innings in one day that pitcher must have 2 calendar days rest.

If a pitcher pitches in 7 or more innings in one day that pitcher must have 3 calendar days rest.

This applies to regular and post season play.
Paintsville. But will they have the pitching to win it all??
[quote=EKY Sportster]Paintsville. But will they have the pitching to win it all??

[/quote
Probably not, but most small schools don't. If a fav. gets knocked off early, then maybe, just maybe.
The Guru Wrote:[quote=EKY Sportster]Paintsville. But will they have the pitching to win it all??

[/quote
Probably not, but most small schools don't. If a fav. gets knocked off early, then maybe, just maybe.

I believe that LCA has the pitching to not only win the all "A" but the regular state as well...and thier in Paintsville's bracket.....Hopefully with Grimm on the mound and I believe that's the plan we can beat murray,,,,,tha being said we need to make some line up corrections that will optimize our infield and hitting performances....we must be able to make the routine plays and the players must feel confident in ther teammates on the field.....as of right now we need better hitting!!!!!!!!!!!!
INSIGHT Wrote:[quote=The Guru]

I believe that LCA has the pitching to not only win the all "A" but the regular state as well...and thier in Paintsville's bracket.....Hopefully with Grimm on the mound and I believe that's the plan we can beat murray,,,,,tha being said we need to make some line up corrections that will optimize our infield and hitting performances....we must be able to make the routine plays and the players must feel confident in ther teammates on the field.....as of right now we need better hitting!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the infield that you think is the best solution? I am honestly not wanting to argue with you, I really am interested to see what you think?