Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i went and saw this movie today.... If you are a Tim Burton fan, this is a good movie to see....
I've never heard of Tim Burton, I have never seen Willy wonka, charlie, and whoever else has a Chocolate factory movie... I never will, and that doesn't bother me.

But honestly Swag... Did Charlie remind you of Micheal Jackson?

I really don't mean to go OT here, but I need to know this.
I didnt like willy wonka a lot.. so i doubt i will watch this one
Reizvoll Wrote:I've never heard of Tim Burton, I have never seen Willy wonka, charlie, and whoever else has a Chocolate factory movie... I never will, and that doesn't bother me.

But honestly Swag... Did Charlie remind you of Micheal Jackson?

I really don't mean to go OT here, but I need to know this.

You've NEVER heard of "The NIghtmare Before Christmas"? what rock have you been living under? And how would Charlie remind me of Michael Jackson? Charlie was an 8-year-old Boy!!
Remaking Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory is like remaking a Christmas Story.
My little girl is wanting to go watch it...she loved the old one...
I would like to see it but haven't yet. Will probably catch the DVD.
thetribe Wrote:I would like to see it but haven't yet. Will probably catch the DVD.

make sure to do that... it is a Great Movie.
theswarg Wrote:You've NEVER heard of "The NIghtmare Before Christmas"? what rock have you been living under? And how would Charlie remind me of Michael Jackson? Charlie was an 8-year-old Boy!!

You seem to find it amazing that I have never heard of a movie... Alright, let me throw a couple reasons out on why I would not have known about this movie. After I read your response, I did some research on the movie.

Reason One

Theatrical Release
Date(s):

I was 6 years old at the time it was released. Due to a head injury I suffered when I was in the 6th grade, I do not remember much of anything before then, and my memory is still fuzzy even now, of events that happened after my injury. I am about 95% sure that I have never seen this movie. If I did, I wouldn't even remember it.

Reason Two

[url Wrote:http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/movief...12403.html[/url]]THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHIRSTMAS -- a delightful treat the whole family will enjoy!

They rate and rave this as a wholesome family movie.

You don't know this, but I have an awful and miserable home life. My family flat out sucks. Therefore, even if I could remember watching this, I doubt we ever would have sat down and watched it together.

Reason Three

I am NOT a movie going person. I can list probably 12 movies that I have watched in TOTAL in the last 6 years. Don't be so surprised when someone says they haven't heard of something you like.

---

So, to answer you Swag, I have been living under the rock that makes my home life pitiful, and also, that same rock makes me forgetful. I do thoroughly apologize for not seeing this fantastic american movie that you give so high acclaim too.

For your other question, as I have never seen the movie, or heard of any other of Tim Burton's no doubt wonderful works, you would maybe think that I have made a mistake of the persons. Who ever Johnny Dep (sp?) stars as is who I am refering to, because he does remind me of michael jackson. I apologize for this misunderstanding as well.

From now on, I suggest you don't come off so hostile and mis-understanding to people.

Good day.
Dude, i wasnt being Hostile....

and if i knew your situation, i would never have said a thing.

sorry.
Wow! Let's get back to the original conversation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ON CRACK! This moved was horrible! It was so unlike the original movie and more like the book but was a little darker than both thanks to Burton. Johnny Depp did not do justice to Willy Wonka. This Willy Wonka needed some serious psychological help. The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory made most kids feel all warm & fuzzy inside but this version made me want to run! Was the squirrel scene psychotic or what? My 4 yr old wasnt too interested but I can understand why when the "humor" was obviously intended for adults!
it made ME feel warm and fuzzy inside....but i have a taste for dark humor. so that explains alot. While i agree that that Johnny Depp did not do any justice to Willy Wonka, i believe if he hadnt acted so fruity then he would have been the perfect person to play Willy Wonka.
Johnny Depp really did remind me of Michael Jackson in this film. His looks and his voice alike. It was pretty creppy as far as that goes. Doesn't look like it would be as good as the original but good in the sense that it is more for adults this time around.