Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best catchers in the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any thoughts?
Pelfrey (Powell)
Searcy (Hazard)
Benedict (Estill)
Wise (Lee)

These are just a few that stick out.
I say Zack Hurt from Cordia. I decided one day that I was going to go and watch him play and man I tell you, I was impressed. A great batter, and a graet fielder.
What about Mckenzie Smith from Letcher Central, IMO he is twice as good as Zack Hurt at catcher JMO....He has an extremely quick release once he gets the ball in his mitt and he gets enough on his throws to gun down just about anyone...JMO though...
Smith at LCC....Not bad for a Soph. either! Such a leader on the field.
Devon Pelfrey from Powell is a pretty good catcher. Good batter as well.
Pelfrey has all the assets as a catcher. Great blocking skills, decent arm, a leader on the field, a tough out at the plate as well.
I'll take my chances with Epperson from Breathitt County.
baseballfan24 Wrote:any thoughts?

I saw King from JBS at Cordia, he looked SOLID! good arm, good blocking skills
quick release, NOT BAD for a FRESHMAN.
Epperson from Breathitt Co. should be considered. His game has improved from last yr. offensively and defensively.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I say Zack Hurt from Cordia. I decided one day that I was going to go and watch him play and man I tell you, I was impressed. A great batter, and a graet fielder.

HA!!!!!
mandan Wrote:Epperson from Breathitt Co. should be considered. His game has improved from last yr. offensively and defensively.

Without a doubt i would put Wes in my top three. Very quick accurate throw to second and nearly impossible to pitch to.
Epperson is the most athletic catcher Ive seen this year. Granted Ive not seen everybody in the region.